PDA

View Full Version : DeMarcus Lodge Transferring?

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2016, 08:30 PM
Someone on Bafoom started this rumor.

If true, the rats are scurrying.

How much money do you think he skips town with?

CadaverDawg
12-06-2016, 08:33 PM
Now the one position they stay loaded at is starting to thin out a little. Lodge, Adeboyjo and Stringfellow gone now....they are still loaded at WR though with Brown, Jefferson, Metcalf, etc.

IF this rumor is true of course

Avelso
12-06-2016, 08:42 PM
He should wait. Most teams that get smoked by the NCAA allow transfers.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-06-2016, 08:48 PM
He says he dont have a source but he just heard it...makes sense.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2016, 08:51 PM
He says he dont have a source but he just heard it...makes sense.

I thought the same, but the guy has a decent post count and, honestly, most rumors like this on message boards actually seem to have some fire.

Really Clark?
12-06-2016, 08:52 PM
He should wait. Most teams that get smoked by the NCAA allow transfers.

I think people think the NCAA allows transfers without the players sitting out a lot more than it's ever been allowed in reality. Penn St was completely different case and not applicable just like Louisville and Baylor basketball. These involved major scandals. Only Sr and Jr were allowed to transfer at USC because of their bowl ban. He is only a soph so that wouldn't apply.

Bodaski
12-06-2016, 09:30 PM
Would the NCAA let a player transfer if he had taken illegal inducements and it was proven? Or would he be granted immunity? I would think they would be declared ineligible if that scenario played out and it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-06-2016, 10:25 PM
may have been one interviewed

stalkingpoon
12-07-2016, 08:44 AM
I've heard from a pretty close source to AJ here in Starkville that if Mississippi goes on probation then AJ is gone.

Tbonewannabe
12-07-2016, 08:54 AM
Would the NCAA let a player transfer if he had taken illegal inducements and it was proven? Or would he be granted immunity? I would think they would be declared ineligible if that scenario played out and it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Probably depends on if he received immunity. If he approached the NCAA then I could definitely see him being allowed to transfer. Similar to how cops get immunity for informants, if they penalized them then it would be harder to get info in the future. The problem is the schools like UNM and AU buying players like crazy. If UNM knew that a player could let the cat out of the bag and not suffer for it then the likelihood of buying players goes down. Hopefully the NCAA makes an example of institutional cheating.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2016, 08:55 AM
I've heard from a pretty close source to AJ here in Starkville that if Mississippi goes on probation then AJ is gone.

Jackson State?

louisvilledawg
12-07-2016, 08:57 AM
I think people think the NCAA allows transfers without the players sitting out a lot more than it's ever been allowed in reality. Penn St was completely different case and not applicable just like Louisville and Baylor basketball. These involved major scandals. Only Sr and Jr were allowed to transfer at USC because of their bowl ban. He is only a soph so that wouldn't apply.

I thought that was only because they had a two year bowl ban.

If it were a 3 year bowl ban, soph, juniors, and seniors could transfer.

Am i wrong on this?

louisvilledawg
12-07-2016, 08:57 AM
Jackson State?

Pro baseball

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2016, 09:01 AM
Pro baseball

Lol

Really Clark?
12-07-2016, 09:02 AM
I thought that was only because they had a two year bowl ban.

If it were a 3 year bowl ban, soph, juniors, and seniors could transfer.

Am i wrong on this?

They don't have to allow any to transfer and if they are not giving a team the death penalty, they are not going to open it up so a school could lose 70% of their team by transferring. And with the first NOA you wont see more than 2 year bowl ban. Maybe 1 with first and another with second. I can't think of anyone getting more than that in recent history

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2016, 09:05 AM
They don't have to allow any to transfer and if they are not giving a team the death penalty, they are not going to open it up so a school could lose 70% of their team by transferring. And with the first NOA you wont see more than 2 year bowl ban. Maybe 1 with first and another with second. I can't think of anyone getting more than that in recent history

Nobody has cheated like this in recent history

Really Clark?
12-07-2016, 09:13 AM
Nobody has cheated like this in recent history

I agree and have said numerous times that this is uncharted territory. They may go to 3 after the second NOA or it may all be together. We don't know but I'm not going to say they will get three until we know what is being added on because so few have gotten that much.

Political Hack
12-07-2016, 10:25 AM

He can start a band with Snoop and Tobias Manning.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-07-2016, 11:50 AM
Whatever happened to that Patterson kid from Noxubee that supposed to be so bad ass several years back? Didnt OM ruin him as well?

BB30
12-07-2016, 11:54 AM
Whatever happened to that Patterson kid from Noxubee that supposed to be so bad ass several years back? Didnt OM ruin him as well?

Yea, he never panned out. Don't think it was necessarily an OM thing. Now OM does seem to draw those types of personalities to their school. But he had a horrible work ethic from the get go and thought very highly of himself. It is a shame he was a very good athlete and could have been special had he had his head screwed on correctly.

defiantdog
12-07-2016, 12:03 PM
He knew what he was getting in to when he signed

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-07-2016, 12:08 PM
Yep! I don't have any sympathy for him AT ALL!

the59dawg
12-07-2016, 03:17 PM
He knew what he was getting in to when he signed

He al$o knew what he wa$ getting. He wa$ well taken care of.

Count Istvan Teleky
12-07-2016, 05:16 PM

1.From OM
2.From the Padres
3.From the next school he attends

Marketing oneself...

Todd4State
12-07-2016, 05:21 PM
He can start a band with Snoop and Tobias Manning.

The Army All American Bust Band.

Bubb Rubb
12-07-2016, 05:22 PM
Yea, he never panned out. Don't think it was necessarily an OM thing. Now OM does seem to draw those types of personalities to their school. But he had a horrible work ethic from the get go and thought very highly of himself. It is a shame he was a very good athlete and could have been special had he had his head screwed on correctly.

Don't diminish that kid's contribution to Ole Miss...they got to hang another banner for a recruiting championship because of him.

Bubb Rubb
12-07-2016, 05:25 PM
https://s18.postimg.org/nb5hxkcqx/challenger.jpg

starkvegasdawg
12-07-2016, 05:38 PM

That's great.

Gomez09
12-07-2016, 05:50 PM
Not to hijack the thread but with the pictures of AJ car it had me thinking. How the hell do you think that guy felt when we beat the absolute shit out of them in the Egg? 17 that guy 17 ole miss and 17 the Army American bust band ... and with that.... IM OUT

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-07-2016, 05:51 PM
Even better when Jamal Peters rubbed his face in it.

WSOPdawg
12-07-2016, 09:21 PM

lololol Awesome!!!!