PDA

View Full Version : P J Fleck

Really Clark?
12-06-2016, 03:54 PM
Is not in the mix for Cincinnati. Reportedly his people have told them he wants a Power 5 job.

PonderThis1
12-06-2016, 04:14 PM
I guess I am in the minority but I find him kind of corny and think his message would get old after a while.

preachermatt83
12-06-2016, 04:30 PM
I don't want to lose Mullen but IF he were to leave I'd want Fleck as our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd option. I'd start at 3 mil and not stop til he said yes. However Mullen ain't leaving.

Todd4State
12-06-2016, 04:32 PM
I guess I am in the minority but I find him kind of corny and think his message would get old after a while.

It works on players and recruits. That's all that matters to me.

PonderThis1
12-06-2016, 04:46 PM
It works on players and recruits. That's all that matters to me.

I am just not sure it would play to the type of kids we are trying to recruit. I mean... it might work for the "I didnt get a shot with a big name school" underdog type of kid but not the high 3, 4 and occasional 5s we hope to get. I could be wrong, though.

Jarius
12-06-2016, 04:46 PM
he would be a great hire for us if he were available and we needed a coach.

Really Clark?
12-06-2016, 04:55 PM
I have a big pause with him right now. If I'm looking to interview him I would have to ask Oregeron why they closed the door on him. Maybe it was jut a fit issue. I think people really undervalue fit between coach, administration, players and fan base.

But there are more stuff about him not being genuine and actually being able to run a Power 5 program right now.

On his plus side is he is betting on himself and won't just settle for any job. Although Houston and Cincinnati are fantastic step programs, at least he is willing to lose momentum right now to go to a job he wants in a bigger conference.