PDA

View Full Version : 2017 WRs

justwin
12-05-2016, 09:47 PM
So, we have 3 WR positions. Gray is a starter. Dear/Mixon is the other starter.

To me, we have 3 guys who are 6'4" & Austin Williams @ 6'3" vying for the other spot that Ross held. I'll be quite interested to see how these 4 battle during the spring. Fitz seems to throw high when he misses so would be nice if these four can start playing above the rim (ala Trent Dilfer says) in 2017.

Jesse Jackson, Deddrick Thomas, Myles, & Spivey may need another year to assume Gray's spot once he departs.

Commercecomet24
12-05-2016, 10:50 PM
Don't forget our huge TE's. We got 5 or 6 that we can attach or split out. Can create some serious mis matches and if pierce comes aboard out te position will be pretty dang good. We got some big wrs and big TE's.

Thick
12-05-2016, 11:13 PM
Don't forget about Couch. Spivey might be transferring out.

Commercecomet24
12-05-2016, 11:16 PM

It's early to predict but couch has the potential to be better than derunnya. He's already a great blocker and he looks to be a tad faster too.

Dallas_Dawg
12-05-2016, 11:57 PM
He needs to develop the attitude and strength that Bear had. Bear almost never lost jump ball opportunities.
Couch and all the other young receivers need to be running routes for NF and KT all spring and summer to get their timing down.
Dak and Bear were on point when it came to those back shoulder timing routes

DeviousDawg
12-06-2016, 12:12 AM
Bear had a swagger that our teams seem to lack under Mullen. Losing Bear(and Beni Brown, but that's another post for another day) may have been the difference in 2 wins for us this year. He would have been a big reliable target for Fitz to settle into early in the season. I love Ross, but he just seems to be quiet on the field, in a figurative sense. We needed Bear out there this year. Can you imagine our offense with Bear, Fred Ross and Donald Gray out wide spreading the field, with Fitz and Aeris running the ball up the middle, while Mixon and Dear spread the field back out on the outside runs, while Bear is down field knocking down any DB in his sights.

We really need to find that big body replacement for Bear at WR. I hope Guidry or Couch can turn into that guy next year, but Bear was a special talent. Too bad he couldn't lay off the sauce, he deserves to be on a NFL roster from a talent standpoint, no denying that.

justwin
12-06-2016, 12:24 AM

Mitchell @ 6'4" redshirted
Todd @ 6'4" redshirted
Couch @ 6'4" played
Williams @ 6'3" EE

those are the four I was saying competing for that last spot & playing above the rim. Using #s, I'm thinking Fitz will complete about 250 balls next year. 60 to running backs & TEs. Probably 50 or so to Gray leaving 140 to split among those 4 + Dear/Mixon. #1 caught 26 then 47 then 60 over his 3 years.

Covercorner2
12-06-2016, 09:27 AM
I just hope Gray comes back. Some of the stuff he posts on social media makes you wonder.....

Johnson85
12-06-2016, 09:53 AM
Bear had a swagger that our teams seem to lack under Mullen. Losing Bear(and Beni Brown, but that's another post for another day) may have been the difference in 2 wins for us this year. He would have been a big reliable target for Fitz to settle into early in the season. I love Ross, but he just seems to be quiet on the field, in a figurative sense. We needed Bear out there this year. Can you imagine our offense with Bear, Fred Ross and Donald Gray out wide spreading the field, with Fitz and Aeris running the ball up the middle, while Mixon and Dear spread the field back out on the outside runs, while Bear is down field knocking down any DB in his sights.

We really need to find that big body replacement for Bear at WR. I hope Guidry or Couch can turn into that guy next year, but Bear was a special talent. Too bad he couldn't lay off the sauce, he deserves to be on a NFL roster from a talent standpoint, no denying that.

Is Ravian Pierce not the type to fill that role? I know he's a TE, but I thought he was a freak athlete that could be put pretty much anywhere and run on pretty much any routes to create or take advantage of mismatches.

I know he's still up in the air, but if he comes, is he a game changer?

thf24
12-06-2016, 09:56 AM
I just hope Gray comes back. Some of the stuff he posts on social media makes you wonder.....

Indicating he may come out early? That would be a pretty big mistake. He started to break out towards the end of this season but he needs another one to really establish himself. He also doesn't jump off the chart in terms of measurables, and that's usually a must for early entries.

Bothrops
12-06-2016, 11:37 AM
Gray ain't going anywhere. Pierce would be a difference maker at TE. We still need Guidry, as other guys grow for another year, or more.

Commercecomet24
12-06-2016, 11:42 AM
Is Ravian Pierce not the type to fill that role? I know he's a TE, but I thought he was a freak athlete that could be put pretty much anywhere and run on pretty much any routes to create or take advantage of mismatches.

I know he's still up in the air, but if he comes, is he a game changer?

Could be our Evan Engram(hopefully)

Sacrifice
12-06-2016, 01:39 PM
I'm hearing a lot of good things about R Todd. Anybody else hearing this?

maroonmania
12-06-2016, 02:04 PM
Gray ain't going anywhere. Pierce would be a difference maker at TE. We still need Guidry, as other guys grow for another year, or more.

After the Beni Brown deal last year I'll never say player x ain't going anywhere. Apparently draft status means nada to a lot of these guys. They apparently just want to get out of school. Losing 2 players last year that didn't even get drafted was just a crying shame for our program.