PDA

View Full Version : I hate this time of year- Crootin

lamont
12-05-2016, 08:42 PM
You got teams using the "I'm hearing Mullen is headed to Oregon" lines of BS to our EE's. Jim McElwain was smart enough to make a public announcement to help fight against it being used against him. But not Dan Walsh. He loves his name being out there. Now people around recruiting are worried we may lose a guy or two by next week because of it.

Then you have Ole Miss. Those asshats are dying inside because they are ranked so low in recruiting. So what to do they do? They have banded together to try and spread the rumor that the NCAA is accepting their self-imposed penalties. Its 100% complete BS- they have yet to appear before the COI- so they dont know anything yet. Just a month ago you had David Johnson of 247 telling the world another NOA or an amednded version was on its way to the Rebels. Now its a complete 180 to "NCAA is accepting 12 over 4". Barney is suspended. Has anybody seen pics of Kiffin with recruits lately? Those Rebels love their Crootin.

Cant wait until signing day has passed.

Liverpooldawg
12-05-2016, 08:53 PM
Yeah..we need Mullen to come out and say the only way he is leaving is in a pine box.

defiantdog
12-05-2016, 08:56 PM
If you ever saw Saban's recruiting room, you'd understand why we are so far behind the times.

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2016, 08:58 PM
BTW, Kiffin was back in a picture tonight. Should be interesting.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ryderanderson10/status/805910449141248000

msstate7
12-05-2016, 09:00 PM
I love this time of year. I used to hate it, but I've resigned myself to the fact that we're gonna get who we're gonna get. I no longer melt and I can enjoy the high entertainment of the extreme ups and downs of recruiting season.

DeviousDawg
12-05-2016, 09:05 PM
Typical December playbook for Ole Miss. Crank up the Mullen to (insert here) talk and blatantly lie about the investigation being over and football is fine. Gotta give it to them, they're persistent, but that same persistence is gonna end up 17ing them.

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2016, 09:06 PM
The staff lost some trust last year with the fans.

I just can't stand when MSU fans act like red headed step children and pathetic losers.

msstate7
12-05-2016, 09:08 PM
The staff lost some trust last year with the fans.

I just can't stand when MSU fans act like red headed step children and pathetic losers.

We are the most insecure fanbase in the sec. We say we aren't OM's little brother, but our actions say otherwise 80% of the time

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2016, 09:10 PM
We are the most insecure fanbase in the sec. We say we aren't OM's little brother, but our actions say otherwise 80% of the time

Agree. We've got some pathetic losers as fans

HoopsDawg
12-05-2016, 09:17 PM

In fairness, we only signed 19 guys last year, 2 of those were extremely late pickups. We won maybe 4 recruiting battles. This all coming in a year when you expect to benefit from the no. 1 ranking. So there is some reason to be insecure. Just today, we have lost landrews(doesn't bother me) and CJ Avery listed 2 other schools as his leader. This staff doesn't have much equity built in when it comes to recruiting.

archdog
12-05-2016, 09:19 PM
Still needs to come out and say it.

msstate7
12-05-2016, 09:19 PM
In fairness, we only signed 19 guys last year, 2 of those were extremely late pickups. We won maybe 4 recruiting battles. This all coming in a year when you expect to benefit from the no. 1 ranking. So there is some reason to be insecure. Just today, we have lost landrews(doesn't bother me) and CJ Avery listed 2 other schools as his leader. This staff doesn't have much equity built in when it comes to recruiting.

We surrendered the egg in the 1st quarter of om's game vs fsu

HoopsDawg
12-05-2016, 09:25 PM
We surrendered the egg in the 1st quarter of om's game vs fsu

Yeah, we did. Ole Miss dominated FSU and Bama in the first half and then blew out UGA. We lost to South Alabama. So I think it was warranted though it ended up being badly wrong.

lamont
12-05-2016, 09:33 PM
Yeah..we need Mullen to come out and say the only way he is leaving is in a pine box.

totally agree

HoopsDawg
12-05-2016, 09:36 PM
You got teams using the "I'm hearing Mullen is headed to Oregon" lines of BS to our EE's. Jim McElwain was smart enough to make a public announcement to help fight against it being used against him. But not Dan Walsh. He loves his name being out there. Now people around recruiting are worried we may lose a guy or two by next week because of it.

Then you have Ole Miss. Those asshats are dying inside because they are ranked so low in recruiting. So what to do they do? They have banded together to try and spread the rumor that the NCAA is accepting their self-imposed penalties. Its 100% complete BS- they have yet to appear before the COI- so they dont know anything yet. Just a month ago you had David Johnson of 247 telling the world another NOA or an amednded version was on its way to the Rebels. Now its a complete 180 to "NCAA is accepting 12 over 4". Barney is suspended. Has anybody seen pics of Kiffin with recruits lately? Those Rebels love their Crootin.

Cant wait until signing day has passed.

Ole Miss told DD Bowie worst case scenario a 1 year bowl ban if it's anything worse than that, they will release him of his LOI.

I seen it dawg
12-05-2016, 09:39 PM
And I'm sure the next staff will honor that.

msstate7
12-05-2016, 09:42 PM
Ole Miss told DD Bowie worst case scenario a 1 year bowl ban if it's anything worse than that, they will release him of his LOI.

If that's "worst case", then there's no reason to say "if it's worse...", no? HS kids are dumb, but I would think I'd do my own research and not believe the ones with the most to gain

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2016, 09:44 PM

Who is they?

The coaches that made that promise won't be coaching there

dawgday166
12-05-2016, 09:51 PM
If you ever saw Saban's recruiting room, you'd understand why we are so far behind the times.

Urban ain't no slouch in recruiting. You would think Dan learned some things from him.

Bucky Dog
12-05-2016, 09:52 PM
We are our own worst enemy sometime. I mean seriously, how do some of you let the OM asshats still affect they way you think? You should know by now Dan is not going to get involved in all of this and that about he's going here or not going there. And you should know the guys he wants, and want to be here and not play all the games, will believe him and be here.

At least take a cue from the Rebs and stay committed to Dan and State and quit adding fuel to the fire. SHIT!!!

dawgday166
12-05-2016, 09:54 PM
I love this time of year. I used to hate it, but I've resigned myself to the fact that we're gonna get who we're gonna get. I no longer melt and I can enjoy the high entertainment of the extreme ups and downs of recruiting season.

I'm with you on this one. Bottom line is Ws & Ls. If Dan and staff can coach them up then great. If not, time to find someone that either recruits better or coaches them up better.

bobcat91
12-05-2016, 10:16 PM
I hate our fans worse than recruiting season. We start more stupid rumors than UM does. Dan doesn't need to come out like a 12 year old girl every time his name gets brought up. If you are successful, your name will surface. Why don't we sit back and wait for the results. There isn't anything you can do about it anyway, so quit stoking the fires.

lamont
12-05-2016, 10:21 PM
I hate our fans worse than recruiting season. We start more stupid rumors than UM does. Dan doesn't need to come out like a 12 year old girl every time his name gets brought up. If you are successful, your name will surface. Why don't we sit back and wait for the results. There isn't anything you can do about it anyway, so quit stoking the fires.

Florida- one of the most well-run athletic departments in the country- had their coach come out and make a statement. It's hilarious to me some of our fans think its stupid- but other top coaches address these things when they happen.

msstate7
12-05-2016, 10:24 PM
Florida- one of the most well-run athletic departments in the country- had their coach come out and make a statement. It's hilarious to me some of our fans think its stupid- but other top coaches address these things when they happen.

It was being reported that McE was actively pursuing the Oregon job behind the scenes. Not exactly the same as a 247 article saying dan is or should be a candidate

defiantdog
12-05-2016, 10:28 PM
Urban ain't no slouch in recruiting. You would think Dan learned some things from him.

I was talking about the actual room. It's a thing of beauty that puts us way behind the times. Their recruiting is a science..... ours is a crapshoot.

dawgday166
12-05-2016, 10:29 PM
My perception is that when a coach comes out and say they ain't ... they do. Just a perception tho.

lamont
12-05-2016, 10:35 PM
I was talking about the actual room. It's a thing of beauty that puts us way behind the times. Their recruiting is a science..... ours is a crapshoot.

I wouldnt be surprised at all. I havent come out and said I wanted Sirmon fired because I want him and T-Buck to recruit a full cycle. They have helped upgrade some of our recruiting practices we severely lagged in.

TUSK
12-05-2016, 10:36 PM

I just did some finish work there... I think it turned out aight...

Bucky Dog
12-05-2016, 10:38 PM

And that's 50/50 at best, that said coach honors that! It doesn't mean shit to the public eye. In my opinion if he has the relationships with the recruits and he talks to themed says he will be here, that's all that matters.

dawgday166
12-05-2016, 10:45 PM
I just did some finish work there... I think it turned out aight...

NOW I understand why Bammer is #1 in recruiting every year ** Impressive work.

TUSK
12-05-2016, 10:50 PM
NOW I understand why Bammer is #1 in recruiting every year ** Impressive work.

dude, don't ever take finish work, there... the process is very difficult... almost made my ass quit...

dawgday166
12-05-2016, 10:54 PM
dude, don't ever take finish work, there... the process is very difficult... almost made my ass quit...

We need you on our side. There's still some good in you ... I can sense the conflict inside you ****

TTrams
12-05-2016, 11:27 PM

Well I haven't. Since you have, why don't you tell us what it's like? Maybe we can improve.

TUSK
12-05-2016, 11:32 PM
Well I haven't. Since you have, why don't you tell us what it's like? Maybe we can improve.

Get a Waterfall... or maybe a real, live Unicorn....

Token Bammer
12-05-2016, 11:50 PM
We need you on our side. There's still some good in you ... I can sense the conflict inside you ****

So the "Devil" is in the details?

blacklistedbully
12-06-2016, 12:04 AM

RP...it's because those fans are the colossally stupid ones. They're so freakin' stupid they think anyone who doesn't agree with them on these points must be stupid.

They say really stupid shit like, claiming the other side wants Dan to respond to every Black Bear, Yancy or fan MB that makes a claim, when in reality, we simply want him to deny the ones coming from the Pete Thamel's the ESPN's, the Yahoo"s the CBS Sports, etc.

At first I just tried to explain my position, and why I think they are wrong. But these moron's who keep coming on here calling those of on the other side, "idiots", "stupid", "the worst fans", "an embarrassment", etc are just asking for it right back.

You folks are the dumbasses...not us.

msstate7
12-06-2016, 12:11 AM
RP...it's because those fans are the colossally stupid ones. They're so freakin' stupid they think anyone who doesn't agree with them on these points must be stupid.

They say really stupid shit like, claiming the other side wants Dan to respond to every Black Bear, Yancy or fan MB that makes a claim, when in reality, we simply want him to deny the ones coming from the Pete Thamel's the ESPN's, the Yahoo"s the CBS Sports, etc.

At first I just tried to explain my position, and why I think they are wrong. But these moron's who keep coming on here calling those of on the other side, "idiots", "stupid", "the worst fans", "an embarrassment", etc are just asking for it right back.

I think you're taking what anonymous people say on a message board a little too serious.

CadaverDawg
12-06-2016, 12:57 AM
I think you're taking what anonymous people say on a message board a little too serious.

Ha, ya think?

CadaverDawg
12-06-2016, 12:59 AM
It was being reported that McE was actively pursuing the Oregon job behind the scenes. Not exactly the same as a 247 article saying dan is or should be a candidate

Exactly.

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-06-2016, 01:14 AM
The more pressing issue here is that OM has put together a campaign to lie to these recruits to make it look like they are going to get off light and/or they can get out of their scholly if not. What needs to happen is for the national media to get bombarded by emails and texts saying local rumor going around is that the NCAA is going to accept the OM self imposed and then let them get things stirred up again to the contrary. This is the only way the recruits are going to get the truth.

blacklistedbully
12-06-2016, 01:43 AM
Ha, ya think?

Says the SUPER moderator***

Why don't you tell us again how scared an SEC team should be to play this year's Navy team. Or how about you talk some more about how OSU's Diamond formation wasn't a "triple-option" offense. :rolleyes:

dawgday166
12-06-2016, 06:18 AM
So the "Devil" is in the details?

Most likely the "Devil" will finish off the details this year. Bigger upsets have happened before tho.

dawgoneyall
12-06-2016, 07:31 AM
See where people don't think it matters but anyone who doesn't think last year's cluster17 with the Miami thing didn't harm recruiting is delusional.

Whether it was lack of interest in recruiting (expecting to leave) or too busy getting Polk to help him type out his resume, I don't know. But the results speak for themselves.

Really Clark?
12-06-2016, 07:37 AM
See where people don't think it matters but anyone who doesn't think last year's cluster17 with the Miami thing didn't harm recruiting is delusional.

Whether it was lack of interest in recruiting (expecting to leave) or too busy getting Polk to help him type out his resume, I don't know. But the results speak for themselves.

Not the same. He actually interviewed with Miami an Stricklin talked about it as well. That was a legitimate possibility of him moving on to another job. All the others were not something to address more than what he DID at the Conerly because most were false or just writers spitballing possible candidates.

Dawg61
12-06-2016, 08:19 AM
Agree. We've got some pathetic losers as fans

wtf bruh like you of all people can talk about fans being losers. You have the worst case of FOMO and OCD with this board and with MSU football.

Thick
12-06-2016, 08:25 AM
wtf bruh like you of all people can talk about fans being losers. You have the worst case of FOMO and OCD with this board and with MSU football.

Dawg61...calling it like he reads it, baby! I love it.

Political Hack
12-06-2016, 08:56 AM
Miami was legit. This is a BS rumor that likely started due to Oregon's love affair with the New Hampshire Mafia, but that love affair starts and ends with one person. I fully expect them to put a full court press on Chip Kelly in the coming weeks. It wouldn't shock me if he becomes the highest paid coach in Pac-12, the NCAA, or possibly ever. I think Phil is going to get him.

Really Clark?
12-06-2016, 09:02 AM
Miami was legit. This is a BS rumor that likely started due to Oregon's love affair with the New Hampshire Mafia, but that love affair starts and ends with one person. I fully expect them to put a full court press on Chip Kelly in the coming weeks. It wouldn't shock me if he becomes the highest paid coach in Pac-12, the NCAA, or possibly ever. I think Phil is going to get him.

I think the longer this drags out the more likely that scenario appears. I also just posted in the other thread that P J Fleck won't get a formal interview eventhough the two sides spoke. In fact Oregon "closed the door" on Fleck as a candidate. They have reportedly already interviewed 5-6 coaches and are planning on interviewing more in NY this week. They either have struck out with a couple of guys and now are scrambling or buying time to get a package done for Chip Kelly. And that might be complicated and take a little while.

Ari Gold
12-06-2016, 09:36 AM

I agree. And said the same thing as soon as the job became available..

smootness
12-06-2016, 10:06 AM
We are our own worst enemy sometime. I mean seriously, how do some of you let the OM asshats still affect they way you think? You should know by now Dan is not going to get involved in all of this and that about he's going here or not going there. And you should know the guys he wants, and want to be here and not play all the games, will believe him and be here.

At least take a cue from the Rebs and stay committed to Dan and State and quit adding fuel to the fire. SHIT!!!

This.

It cracks me up that we get so upset that Mullen won't say something to kill all these rumors, then post all of them ourselves and talk openly about how Mullen either may leave, or that we want him to.

Think about it for a second.

maroonmania
12-06-2016, 10:12 AM

The main thing I would like to see Dan do and mandate to his staff is to recruit like its a passion rather than a necessary evil. Rumors do affect our recruiting but there is much more to it than that. Often it seems Dan recruits LIKE he is moving on even when he is not moving on.

Liverpooldawg
12-06-2016, 10:25 AM

So where are the ones they are reporting coming from? Last year all but two came from a couple of places that we KNOW what their agenda was. One of the others was pure message board speculation. The other was legit. There hasn't been one bit of even speculation this time that Mullen is actually chasing that job except by "our" fans and desperate Confederates. This crap pops up every year and we fall into it every year. Grow a pair, as long as Mullen is here this stuff will happen every single year at this time for the same dang reason.

blacklistedbully
12-06-2016, 01:40 PM
I think the longer this drags out the more likely that scenario appears. I also just posted in the other thread that P J Fleck won't get a formal interview eventhough the two sides spoke. In fact Oregon "closed the door" on Fleck as a candidate. They have reportedly already interviewed 5-6 coaches and are planning on interviewing more in NY this week. They either have struck out with a couple of guys and now are scrambling or buying time to get a package done for Chip Kelly. And that might be complicated and take a little while.

They just the other day hired the Parker search firm. That's the same one we hired for our AD search, I believe.

BB30
12-06-2016, 02:39 PM
Hell, I am surprised so many are worried about him leaving. A month ago the majority of this message board was fine with him leaving after the season and thought that that would be the best thing for the program***Funny how one game changes many fan's perceptions. Can't have it both ways.

blacklistedbully
12-06-2016, 02:57 PM
Hell, I am surprised so many are worried about him leaving. A month ago the majority of this message board was fine with him leaving after the season and thought that that would be the best thing for the program***Funny how one game changes many fan's perceptions. Can't have it both ways.

Seems to me most aren't worried about him "leaving"...rather they are worried about our recruiting taking another hit because he won't take steps to quell the rumors put out by credible media sources. We just want him to do something like McElwain, or Tom Herman, etc, and publicly deny any interest in leaving.

Doesn't need to do it for every rumor...but he should for the ones that gain traction with the media.

dawgday166
12-06-2016, 02:57 PM

No worries here ... on way or the other.

Dawg61
12-06-2016, 04:41 PM
Seems to me most aren't worried about him "leaving"...rather they are worried about our recruiting taking another hit because he won't take steps to quell the rumors put out by credible media sources. We just want him to do something like McElwain, or Tom Herman, etc, and publicly deny any interest in leaving.

Doesn't need to do it for every rumor...but he should for the ones that gain traction with the media.

Since it chaps your ass so much I am now totally in favor of Mullen remaining completely mum on any and all rumors of him leaving. Keep it up Dan!!

Commercecomet24
12-06-2016, 04:50 PM

Y'all need to listen to Hack. He's got it!

blacklistedbully
12-06-2016, 05:58 PM
Since it chaps your ass so much I am now totally in favor of Mullen remaining completely mum on any and all rumors of him leaving. Keep it up Dan!!

I see I continue to live rent-free in your mind. And it's one screwed up messy place.

Dawg61
12-06-2016, 06:02 PM
I see I continue to live rent-free in your mind. And it's one screwed up messy place.

Whatever gets you through the day bud

blacklistedbully
12-06-2016, 07:47 PM
Whatever gets you through the day bud

RF