PDA

View Full Version : Hey Mullen...

I seen it dawg
12-05-2016, 06:20 PM
Make sure you are working your ass off on telling recruits you aren't going to Oregon so they at least know from you the reports are bullshit. I know you don't like doing it and you shouldn't have to but better yet come out publicly and say it. Tough shit but just something you need to do for the 4+ million we put in your bank account.

If you are going to Oregon then get the **** out. Now.

smootness
12-05-2016, 06:26 PM
I bet he's scared now.

Liverpooldawg
12-05-2016, 06:44 PM
OOOO, THAT will show him.*********

Covercorner2
12-05-2016, 06:45 PM
Make sure you are working your ass off on telling recruits you aren't going to Oregon so they at least know from you the reports are bullshit. I know you don't like doing it and you shouldn't have to but better yet come out publicly and say it. Tough shit but just something you need to do for the 4+ million we put in your bank account.

If you are going to Oregon then get the **** out. Now.

Is this related to CJ Avery?

Political Hack
12-05-2016, 06:54 PM
Lol. He's not going anywhere. His $4.5 million per year isn't going to be raised by anyone. Oregon has the money, but they're already paying their coach $9 million to go away. You think they want to pay $18 over the next 2 years for Mullen? That's the kind of money moving right now. They didn't fire their coach and cost themselves $9 million and pay Dan another $9 million over the next two years to hire a 5-7 coach from Mississippi State. That's not the sticker shock Mr. Nike is going for.

They're going to try to shock the college football world and the longer this lingers, the more it looks like it's an NFL guy. And common sense will take you to the landing spot. Worked in Louisville and it will work at Orgeon. My money's on the retread.

It is easier to Mullen to act like a superior bad ass over Hugh Freeze though when his name is getting thrown around for Oregon. Fortunately, he can tell recruits face to face don't worry about it. Get to work Mullen!

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
12-05-2016, 07:34 PM
I bet he's scared now.

He better be**

Todd4State
12-05-2016, 07:37 PM
Lol. He's not going anywhere. His $4.5 million per year isn't going to be raised by anyone. Oregon has the money, but they're already paying their coach $9 million to go away. You think they want to pay $18 over the next 2 years for Mullen? That's the kind of money moving right now. They didn't fire their coach and cost themselves $9 million and pay Dan another $9 million over the next two years to hire a 5-7 coach from Mississippi State. That's not the sticker shock Mr. Nike is going for.

They're going to try to shock the college football world and the longer this lingers, the more it looks like it's an NFL guy. And common sense will take you to the landing spot. Worked in Louisville and it will work at Orgeon. My money's on the retread.

It is easier to Mullen to act like a superior bad ass over Hugh Freeze though when his name is getting thrown around for Oregon. Fortunately, he can tell recruits face to face don't worry about it. Get to work Mullen!

Welcome back to Eugene Chip Kelly!

Liverpooldawg
12-05-2016, 07:41 PM
He better be**

Why? He ain't leaving but if this DID turn out to be true, you can bet he will be making more than he is now. That wouldn't scare me.

TUSK
12-05-2016, 08:00 PM
Why would Mullen leave?

It seems to me this would be a advantageous time to be a 44 year old, $4.5MM coach at MSU, especially given the following:

1) Oxford is about to be bombed back into the Stone Age (coach is in trouble),
2) LSU is in transition with no discernible positive change on the horizon (coach is likely short term),
3) TAMU is still floppin' around like a carp on the riverbank (coach is in trouble),
4) Auburn is certainly in "flux" (coach is in trouble),
5) Arkie has plateaued (coach may have coronary any minute),
6) Bammer - MDL prolly has less than 5-6 years left.
7) Five "should be automatic wins" with KY + OOC games.

Bucky Dog
12-05-2016, 08:15 PM
Why would Mullen leave?

It seems to me this would be a advantageous time to be a 44 year old, $4.5MM coach at MSU, especially given the following:

2) LSU is in transition with no discernible positive change on the horizon (coach is likely short term),
3) TAMU is still floppin' around like a carp on the riverbank (coach is in trouble),

I knew I liked you, Tusk! The next round is on me.

Cooterpoot
12-05-2016, 08:19 PM
Jesus...State fan base is full of puzzies.

Todd4State
12-05-2016, 08:21 PM
Why would Mullen leave?

And you forgot he has a legit star QB and a solid SEC RB for the next two years. I agree with you- if I was going to leave, it wouldn't be after I went 5-7 bowl game pending. It would be after I won 8-10 two years in a row. Unless someone just wanted to throw a ton of money at me. I personally don't think he will leave for Oregon myself. But he still needs to make a statement saying as much.

Cooterpoot
12-05-2016, 08:27 PM
A statement like Saban did before leaving LSU or before leaving the dolphins? That kind of statement.
?

archdog
12-05-2016, 08:36 PM

They have to pay someone that kind of coin. 18 million over 2 is what happens when you overpay, fire, and then hire quality.

Todd4State
12-05-2016, 08:41 PM
A statement like Saban did before leaving LSU or before leaving the dolphins? That kind of statement.
?

Like the one Cohen told our recruits? YES! No statement is as bad as coming out and just saying that you are gone.

Liverpooldawg
12-05-2016, 08:57 PM
Like the one Cohen told our recruits? YES! No statement is as bad as coming out and just saying that you are gone.

So what is Mullen telling recruits Todd? A public "pine box" statement is useless and meaningless.

I seen it dawg
12-05-2016, 09:03 PM
There are easy ways to do it besides having a press conference and saying a sentence. Some of you are obtuse as ****.