PDA

View Full Version : BrunswickDawg - Nick Fitzgerald segment on local news tonight (12/5)

shrimp
12-05-2016, 04:46 PM
BrunswickDawg, not sure if you pick up local channels out of Savannah or JAX, but tonight at 11pm, WSAV (local Savannah NBC station) will air a story on Nick Fitzgerald.

I started tweeting at the WSAV sports director a few weeks ago, asking him if he was following what Fitz was doing this year at State. He said that he had been following and that he was working on something.

Over the weekend, the other WSAV newscasters were joking with him about driving over 1000 miles (round trip) to "Starksville" for a story on Fitz. Anyway, story is set to run tonight.

I would imagine it will be available online after tonight. I'm just happy that the local folks are starting to recognize the season he put together.

Jack Lambert
12-05-2016, 05:12 PM
Then you will see both GA and Tech fans ask WTF.

BrunswickDawg
12-05-2016, 05:19 PM
Cool. I'm in the Jacksonville TV market though, so I'll have to check it out online. Jacksonville TV - where they still cover Tim Tebow like he is in this years recruiting class....

BrunswickDawg
12-05-2016, 05:21 PM
Then you will see both GA and Tech fans ask WTF.
I was at a funeral yesterday with some of my UGA fans and they were on me about "that's why I wanted Mark Richt gone, he couldn't even find guys like Fitz right under his nose". Then I heard the same thing about Johnson and Tech from my uncle. I just shook my head and laughed.

BrunswickDawg
12-05-2016, 05:31 PM
WSAV already has the video up

http://wsav.com/2016/12/05/the-year-of-his-life-nick-fitzgerald/

Nice piece. FYI - the first highlight they show of Nick in HS is I believe against my Glynn Academy Red Terrors. He put on an absolute show that night.

Political Hack
12-05-2016, 07:53 PM
He'd be our best WR if he played WR.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
12-05-2016, 09:00 PM
Yeah he would....thanks for posting Brunswick