PDA

View Full Version : Calling all tailgate connoisseurs.

GreaterCowbell
09-04-2013, 07:51 PM
You bastards tired of bitching about the bulldogs yet. Well let's move on to something we can all agree on, good eats.

My current fav (and getting rave reviews) is Grilled Flank steak in a brown sugar-soy sauce marinated. Pack the flank steak down with copious amounts of brown sugar, drown it with Soy and let it marinate for 48 hrs. Grill it up, let it rest for 5 min. (to keep the juices in) then thin slice it across the grain. Easy & guaranteed to be the hit of the tail gate.

This weekend instead of salsa, we are going with Redneck Caviar. http://www.baumhowers.com/redneckcaviar.pdf with some pickled okra thrown in for good measure.

One of my old standbys is Buffalo Chicken Dip. Mix caned chicken with cream cheese and texas pete in a med-low heat skillet. Pour hot mixture into a serving dish, top with shredded mild cheddar and wait till melted. Top with Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing and serve with any type of cracker (chicken-in-a-biscuit is the way to go)

What are some your elite tailgate recipes?

Barking 13
09-04-2013, 08:25 PM
easy red beans and rice, but the folks I'm sitting next to sometimes don't appreciate it...:D

a few cans (4-6) Blue Runner cream red beans, Conecuh sausage (Country Pleasin' or Bryan) sliced up, put in a crock pot overnight on low... cook up a bowl of rice, some garlic bread, ready to throw down...

chainedup_Dawg
09-04-2013, 08:52 PM
My go to is deer tenderloin wrapped in thick bacon stuffed with cream cheese and slightly glazed with molasses cooked over low heat with hickory chips.

Political Hack
09-04-2013, 08:59 PM
jalape?o shells as your canoe stuffed with shrimp and cream cheese, wrapped in bacon. Remove the seeds or everyone will cry. All prep work can be done at home and then just throw them on the grill.

Coach34
09-04-2013, 09:23 PM
My go to is deer tenderloin wrapped in thick bacon stuffed with cream cheese and slightly glazed with molasses cooked over low heat with hickory chips.

excellent

Coach34
09-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Pettys BBQ

GreaterCowbell
09-04-2013, 09:40 PM
jalape?o shells as your canoe stuffed with shrimp and cream cheese, wrapped in bacon. Remove the seeds or everyone will cry. All prep work can be done at home and then just throw them on the grill.

I'll spot you $100 in Vcash for a couple of those. Looks like you could use it.

Political Hack
09-04-2013, 09:43 PM
the sad thing is I've only made one bet... and we lost to UCLA. Natty and all
my VCash blown in Omaha.

chainedup_Dawg
09-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Had these before and they are glorious..also can use cream cheese to stuff the jalepenos with a strip of beef then wrap in bacon and throw on the grill. Several things you can do with that

Vandownbytheriver
09-05-2013, 08:45 AM
Another easy dip is crack dip. Get a can of shoe peg corn, 8 oz cream cheese, half a stick of butter, and hot Rotel. Melt all that stuff in the microwave and eat it with Scoops. Shit is just like crack. Once you start you have to finish it all.

CJDAWG85
09-05-2013, 08:48 AM
Buffalo dip
Pizza dip
Chik Fil A nugget platter

hailmari
09-05-2013, 09:21 AM
I usually keep it simple and cheap since I seem to be one of the few who puts effort into our tailgate.

Hotdogs and chips!

BHildreth3
09-05-2013, 09:29 AM
Boys - I've perfected grilled chicken. Very simple...

1) Load up Tony's seasoning on each side
2) Soak your chicken in this gamechanger - http://www.briannassaladdressing.com/product/real-french-vinaigrette/
3) Heat your ****ing grill up to AT LEAST 400 degrees
4) Cook 5 minutes on one side - pour the leftover juice on top (there's a good bit of oil in this which creates a fire that chars the edges)
5) Flip over - cook 2 minutes - pour again
6 Cook 5 minutes

D-****ing-licious
http://www.briannassaladdressing.com/product/real-french-vinaigrette/