PDA

View Full Version : Any chance we Land Brandon Martin from Perk?

RougeDawg
12-05-2016, 09:53 AM
Was looking through target list and it had him warm on us but 0% prediction to sign with us. We need WR's but looks like we will lose another MGCCC one to Auburn.

Big4Dawg
12-05-2016, 09:56 AM
No. I don't think he even took an OV here.

Tripp McNeely
12-05-2016, 10:00 AM
No. I don't think he even took an OV here.

He was here last weekend on an OV...still don't think we sign him, but he was here.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-05-2016, 10:06 AM
He was here last weekend on an OV...still don't think we sign him, but he was here.

No he hasn't visited here yet. He's supposed to visit this upcoming weekend. I don't think we get him. Guidry is our #1 WR target but we wouldn't turn Martin.

RougeDawg
12-05-2016, 12:08 PM
It makes sense now that they have him as "warm" for us even though he's currently at 0% chance. Guess you never know, he may flip. Looks like a possession type guy that we need.

ETA: looks like he's announcing in 10 days FWIW.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-05-2016, 12:20 PM
It makes sense now that they have him as "warm" for us even though he's currently at 0% chance. Guess you never know, he may flip. Looks like a possession type guy that we need.

ETA: looks like he's announcing in 10 days FWIW.

I mean we should be listed as warm we're in his final 5 & have an OV set up for this weekend. I just don't think we get him. I don't see much difference between Martin & Jamal Couch.

HoopsDawg
12-05-2016, 12:28 PM
I mean we should be listed as warm we're in his final 5 & have an OV set up for this weekend. I just don't think we get him. I don't see much difference between Martin & Jamal Couch.

Fitz really needs another outside WR that can create separation. Gray is the only guy on our roster that has shown that he can. At this point, we are just putting our hopes on Todd and Guidry. Need to stay on McMath too.

Ari Gold
12-05-2016, 12:32 PM
Very small chance we land him. He would be a take, but honestly with Couch, Todd, Guidry, and Mitchell next year and Malik Heath already in the boat for 2018 not that big an issue...

HoopsDawg
12-05-2016, 12:38 PM
Very small chance we land him. He would be a take, but honestly with Couch, Todd, Guidry, and Mitchell next year and Malik Heath already in the boat for 2018 not that big an issue...

I think outside WR is very much a big issue. And you didn't list anyone that will solve the problem next year. Unless Todd emerges and really surprises me. Guidry is talented but very raw and won't be here for spring practice, this is assuming we sign him. The loss of Fred Ross is a big blow that can't be discounted.

I think we will split some TE"s out wide next year especially if we sign Pierce.

msstate7
12-05-2016, 12:40 PM
I think outside WR is very much a big issue. And you didn't list anyone that will solve the problem next year. Unless Todd emerges and really surprises me. Guidry is talented but very raw and won't be here for spring practice, this is assuming we sign him. The loss of Fred Ross is a big blow that can't be discounted.

I think we will split some TE"s out wide next year especially if we sign Pierce.

2-te sets is definitely the way to go

Ari Gold
12-05-2016, 12:43 PM

I agree that The loss of Ross will be huge.. Any time we lose an NFL calibure player it will hurt.
Todd will surprise everyone. If he had gotten here earlier than he did we prob would not have redshirted him. Told he is further along overall skill set than Bear was at this time.
Guidry has been always been higher on our board than Martin.

And I agree we have some talented TE and I can see us using one of them outside ..

CadaverDawg
12-05-2016, 01:15 PM
I agree that The loss of Ross will be huge.. Any time we lose an NFL calibure player it will hurt.
Todd will surprise everyone. If he had gotten here earlier than he did we prob would not have redshirted him. Told he is further along overall skill set than Bear was at this time.
Guidry has been always been higher on our board than Martin.

And I agree we have some talented TE and I can see us using one of them outside ..

How big is Todd?

Ari Gold
12-05-2016, 01:27 PM
How big is Todd?

He is prob 6'4 / 6'5 200 or so...he will get bigger ... Same goes for Mitchell bout the same size

Couch is by far the biggest . I bet he goes 225

HoopsDawg
12-05-2016, 02:57 PM
Told he is further along overall skill set than Bear was at this time.

Bold statement since Bear started as a true freshman.

CadaverDawg
12-05-2016, 04:26 PM
He is prob 6'4 / 6'5 200 or so...he will get bigger ... Same goes for Mitchell bout the same size

Couch is by far the biggest . I bet he goes 225

Nice. Didn't realize Todd was that big

Ari Gold
12-05-2016, 04:35 PM
Bold statement since Bear started as a true freshman.

Just what I was told... And yes and no.
The talent at WR then wasn't anything close to where it is now.
I think Robert Johnson , Jameion Lewis and Joe Morrow were our top 3 WR going into that year.
I may have missed one or 2.