PDA

View Full Version : This NCAA stuff is killing OM recruiting

preachermatt83
12-04-2016, 11:20 PM
We already have 6 commits for 2018 including two 4 stars... OM on the other haNd, NADA. I hope they drag this out another 3 years. It's killing them and the sanctions ha d not even been handed out yet. I.Love.It!!

klong-dog
12-04-2016, 11:25 PM
Yeah if you think about it, the slow play of this thing is hurting them in recruiting, thus making it already seem like they're on probation. Maybe it will drag out another 4 + years.

messageboardsuperhero
12-04-2016, 11:46 PM
It should have been hurting them just as bad for the past couple of years too... but the local media's failure to report on the story has saved their last 2-3 recruiting classes. UM is very fortunate to have the talent they do right now- because if it had been us under a four year investigation, the only organization who would have more folks camped out in Starkville than the NCAA would be the Clarion Ledger.

Big4Dawg
12-05-2016, 12:08 AM
6? I see 4. Who are other 2.

preachermatt83
12-05-2016, 12:46 AM
6? I see 4. Who are other 2.

U are correct. I don't know where I got 6 in my mind. Point remains, 4 with two being 4 stars. While OM is being blanked.

maroonmania
12-05-2016, 10:00 AM
It should have been hurting them just as bad for the past couple of years too... but the local media's failure to report on the story has saved their last 2-3 recruiting classes. UM is very fortunate to have the talent they do right now- because if it had been us under a four year investigation, the only organization who would have more folks camped out in Starkville than the NCAA would be the Clarion Ledger.

Always good to have the powerbrokers at the state's largest newspaper (and many other newspapers in the state) looking out for your best interest. I think a lot of reporters who aren't Bear homers know if they try to write something on this they will get "Blevined" so to speak.

fader2103
12-05-2016, 10:04 AM
I just kinda skimmed through 2018. Is next year a bad year for MS recruits??

Ifyouonlyknew
12-05-2016, 10:08 AM
I just kinda skimmed through 2018. Is next year a bad year for MS recruits??

Similar to this year. 2019 is the next big instate talent boom.

starkvegasdawg
12-05-2016, 10:21 AM
Similar to this year. 2019 is the next big instate talent boom.

Hopefully by then TSUN is down to only being able to offer about 5 scholarships.

spiritual_machine2005
12-05-2016, 10:31 AM
Any update on their Barney situation? DJ at OM247 seems to think he get reinstated soon.

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2016, 10:36 AM
Any update on their Barney situation? DJ at OM247 seems to think he get reinstated soon.

I wouldn't hold your breath.

What else are they going to say?

They've refused to admit they've cheated. If they said Barney was done or nothing is known, it would be a semi admission of guilt. By saying he's close to being reinstated, they are offering hope to fans and recruits.

See this for what it is.

Liverpooldawg
12-05-2016, 10:39 AM

Since when has ANYTHING any of their mouthpieces at the Spirit, 24/7, the CL, the DJ, or wherever have said about this stuff turned out to be right?

spiritual_machine2005
12-05-2016, 11:13 AM
Never. Just curious as to what if any updates yall had.

LC Dawg
12-05-2016, 12:00 PM
Ole Miss is pretty much toast but if they don't get Akers it will be official. I'm sure they are going all in on him in the hope that if he enrolls early it will help with some other guys they are after in February.
Their only hope is to get sign a good class this year and hope that they have enough talent to somewhat withstand the scholarship losses that are coming. I'm not saying this is a good plan I'm just saying this about the only plan they can have at this point.
My guess is that if the NCAA is paying any kind of attention to Akers's recruitment that it will be the final nail in Ole Miss's coffin.

fishwater99
12-05-2016, 12:08 PM
I expect the bears to come out during the next dead period...

maroonmania
12-05-2016, 01:56 PM

If the past is any indicator they do some of their best recruiting when we are off at a bowl game and they are sitting at home just able to focus on recruiting.

RougeDawg
12-05-2016, 02:03 PM

They better hope their targets can understand Morse code, because their burner phones already have Bucky and the rest of staff receiving show causes.

1bigdawg
12-05-2016, 02:19 PM
If the past is any indicator they do some of their best recruiting when we are off at a bowl game and they are sitting at home just able to focus on recruiting.

To add: During the "Dead Period."

Political Hack
12-05-2016, 02:22 PM
To add: During the "Dead Period."

To be clear its just a dead period for their coaches. Their real recruiters are still in contact.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-05-2016, 02:25 PM
Oh havent you heard? According to OM fan on Twitter, burner phones are common among programs and it is a minor thing...