PDA

View Full Version : I'll give credit to Yancy..

HoopsDawg
12-04-2016, 04:15 PM
his recruiting coverage is really, really good. No bs chats, bones, or biscuits. No, I'm on the road today or sick today. No Odd are threads. Every single day he posts tidbits at the top of his page and gives updates throughout the day every day. He gives updates throughout the weekend on visits. He has good sources within the program and his subscribers eat it up.

But he cracks me up with some of his stuff. Today he posts that sources tell him Ole Miss could flip 4 star corner Malcolm Askew "if needed." Askew is committed to AU and is the no. 1 corner in the state. Is he not needed by Ole Miss? And if his commitment to AU is shaky, T-buck needs to give him a call.

He said that Ole Miss has the best relationship with Gay, but the issue is transportation to and from starkville and his mom is concerned about the NCAA stuff.

HoopsDawg
12-04-2016, 04:26 PM
I'll also add, that he and Ben both feel very good about Akers despite the no show. There is one person in Cam's inner circle that doesn't think Ole Miss is the best place for his future but the main person in his inner circle, presumably his mom, wants him at Ole Miss. It appears the main competition is LSU, FSU, and Ohio State, but no one can identify OM's main threat and if there was no NCAA investigation Cam would already be in the boat. Their recruiting guys are great mouthpieces for Freeze and the program and Yancy and Ben will both be in Alabama tomorrow and all week for the MS/AL all star game.

RezDog7
12-04-2016, 04:27 PM
Fancy's gets his inside info from the men's bathroom stall.

HoopsDawg
12-04-2016, 04:29 PM
Fancy's gets his inside info from the men's bathroom stall.

Yeah, I was trying to stay away from the childish insults that we throw at Yancy and the Bears throw at Steve.

msstate7
12-04-2016, 04:35 PM
If Akers mom really is forcing him to om, she's making a terrible decision. Om has proven they can't develop players. Lsu has had 8 RBs drafted since '07 and has 2 more on the team now. Lsu knows how to develop RBs.

HoopsDawg
12-04-2016, 04:40 PM
If Akers mom really is forcing him to om, she's making a terrible decision. Om has proven they can't develop players. Lsu has had 8 RBs drafted since '07 and has 2 more on the team now. Lsu knows how to develop RBs.

It sounds like one person in his inner circle has common sense and that's what he is telling him. LSU, FSU, or Ohio State gives him the best chance to be a 3 and out guy. OM's offense is not a good fit for him, their O-line is not that good, plus you have the looming NCAA sanctions. Hopefully common sense will win the day b/c I hate to see a talented kid throw away his future just b/c Freeze is a good salesman.

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-04-2016, 04:44 PM
Couldn't Gay just ride with AJ in his new ride? Problem solved.

MedDawg
12-04-2016, 04:49 PM
He said that Ole Miss has the best relationship with Gay, but the issue is transportation to and from starkville and his mom is concerned about the NCAA stuff.

Transportation to Oxford is NEVER an issue. A new Escalade will make it easier, or there's always someone who would give her a ride. Hell, OM would provide her a limo and a driver to Oxford for games.

msstate7
12-04-2016, 04:57 PM
We really need for that 2nd NOA to be published.

HoopsDawg
12-04-2016, 04:57 PM
Transportation to Oxford is NEVER an issue. A new Escalade will make it easier, or there's always someone who would give her a ride. Hell, OM would provide her a limo and a driver to Oxford for games.

Normally, yes. But "the driver" has been outed and the NCAA is camped out. It's crimping their style for sure.

RezDog7
12-04-2016, 04:58 PM
Yeah, I was trying to stay away from the childish insults that we throw at Yancy and the Bears throw at Steve.

That douche acts childish everyday so I feel entitled to do the same.

BeastMan
12-04-2016, 05:13 PM
Yancy kills it with the sheer amount of content. Not all of it is good but he pumps it out. Yancy would never go out of town on an OV weekend.

Turfdawg67
12-04-2016, 06:38 PM
That douche acts childish everyday so I feel entitled to do the same.

Agreed! 17 that guy!!

Spiderman
12-04-2016, 07:00 PM
his recruiting coverage is really, really good. No bs chats, bones, or biscuits. No, I'm on the road today or sick today. No Odd are threads. Every single day he posts tidbits at the top of his page and gives updates throughout the day every day. He gives updates throughout the weekend on visits. He has good sources within the program and his subscribers eat it up.

But he cracks me up with some of his stuff. Today he posts that sources tell him Ole Miss could flip 4 star corner Malcolm Askew "if needed." Askew is committed to AU and is the no. 1 corner in the state. Is he not needed by Ole Miss? And if his commitment to AU is shaky, T-buck needs to give him a call.

That's because Yancy and chuck basically sit in on staff recruiting meetings.

maroonmania
12-04-2016, 07:01 PM
If Cam goes to UNM it will be interesting to see who his new HC will be.

HoopsDawg
12-04-2016, 09:10 PM
. Yancy would never go out of town on an OV weekend.

Exactly!! They had one recruit in town this weekend and he pumped out info all weekend.

SDDawg
12-04-2016, 09:19 PM
Yancy is garbage and so is this thread.

Jarius
12-05-2016, 12:58 AM
Yancy is full Of shit. He literally told his subscribers that he lies to them to "throw off the competition". He has a lot of Info and most of it is incorrect garbage that the staff wants put out there. That's why their subscribers are getting mad at them about the investigation. The OM staff tells them what to say and they are the mouthpiece. I'd rather not get any information at all than to get lied to. To say that Yancy's recruiting coverage is good is absolutely laughable. You're either a troll or you have no clue what you are talking about. I have a buddy that used to have a subscription and he sent me the shit Yancy posted in years past. The majority of their fanbase doesn't even like him.

sandwolf
12-05-2016, 05:37 AM
To say that Yancy's recruiting coverage is good is absolutely laughable. You're either a troll or you have no clue what you are talking about.

This. He may do a good job of telling his subscribers what they want to hear, but if the goal is to provide good, accurate information then his recruiting coverage is dog shit. When Nutt was there and during the early part of Freeze's tenure he had some really good sources that were feeding him accurate information, but over the past few years his track record has been awful. And the reason that he is constantly posting 'tidbits' and updates throughout the day is because he posts every single bullshit rumor he hears with absolutely no regard for whether or not it has any legs.

I still can't believe that this is a serious post. None of my OM friends would even describe Yancy's recruiting coverage as "really, really good."

HoopsDawg
12-07-2016, 02:27 PM
But he cracks me up with some of his stuff. Today he posts that sources tell him Ole Miss could flip 4 star corner Malcolm Askew "if needed." Askew is committed to AU and is the no. 1 corner in the state. Is he not needed by Ole Miss?

Article came out today, Askew said that Ole Miss is doing everything they can to flip him. Nix told him he's the no. 1 DB on their board. LOL, that's just funny to me after what Yancy said a couple of days ago. Any time a recruit commits to MSU, he says that OM didn't have room.

BiscuitEater
12-07-2016, 09:43 PM
I'll give credit to Yancy..

That ANYBODY can trust Yance. Really .. Best laugh of the day!

Here is one of his posts from the Malik recruitment .. commenting on EliteDawgs post ..

GroveReb84
100 MONTHSPremium Member
Ole Miss Legend
20737 posts this site

Re: Malik Newman/ Courtney Cronin Question???
3:07 PM

Truereb13 wrote: Not that ED has much credibility, but one of their users seems to be well connected to all the sports programs. "ifyouonlyknew" called the Leo Lewis flip a few days before and he seems to give out first hand info on their sports. He posted yesterday that he felt certain Newman would be a dog in the end.

People need to pay attention to this stuff. Either their boosters actively post on message boards, or they have very loose lips, but either way, when their message boards get the level of quiet confidence about them, 9 times out of 10, it's because they know they've made the necessary accommodations to land the signature.

I will be shocked if Malik isn't at State next year.

Yancyporter
129 MONTHS
Premium Member
Ole Miss Legend
38960 posts this site

Re: Malik Newman/ Courtney Cronin Question???
3:16 PM

We will have to agree to disagree. I rarely see them predict a want of theirs is not coming and if OM is recruiting them 100 out of 100 they are going to State.
To me they have less recruiting credibility or objective analysis of their teams (outside of baseball) than any message board I have combed through.

yjnkdawg
12-07-2016, 10:57 PM
This. He may do a good job of telling his subscribers what they want to hear, but if the goal is to provide good, accurate information then his recruiting coverage is dog shit. When Nutt was there and during the early part of Freeze's tenure he had some really good sources that were feeding him accurate information, but over the past few years his track record has been awful. And the reason that he is constantly posting 'tidbits' and updates throughout the day is because he posts every single bullshit rumor he hears with absolutely no regard for whether or not it has any legs.

I still can't believe that this is a serious post. None of my OM friends would even describe Yancy's recruiting coverage as "really, really good."

I think those good sources got po'd with him and left him in the dark, as for as any info from them.