PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like We Had a Big Recruiting Weekend

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2016, 01:28 PM
Ravian Pierce - looks to be back in

Landrews - Called Minnesota coaches this morning and said he's flipping back to MSU

Avery - Has been telling players all weekend that he's coming to MSU. Not sure if he committed

msstate7
12-04-2016, 01:30 PM
That would be a huge weekend

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2016, 01:35 PM
Another nice thing about early enrollees is that it allows the coaches to clean up the green and not have to focus on 30 guys in January. Allows them to focus their efforts on lesser guys instead of baby sitting schools like OM and Auburn coming in and offering mountains of cash

trob115
12-04-2016, 01:41 PM
Who is landrews?

CadaverDawg
12-04-2016, 02:12 PM
Who is landrews?

http://247sports.com/player/jaquarius-landrews-77405

bulldog2488
12-04-2016, 04:01 PM
Y'all hearing if any of these guys are going to announce today?

Dawgsfanalongtime77
12-04-2016, 06:14 PM

https://twitter.com/lyonsyellin/status/805487066457014274

Todd4State
12-04-2016, 06:33 PM

Probably going to be the 14th of December. There is some kind of announcement party thing on NFHS network.

RocketDawg
12-04-2016, 06:37 PM
https://twitter.com/lyonsyellin/status/805487066457014274

That would hurt a LOT ... but from what I've seen, he's committed to being a Dog. Dak may have something to do with that.

BeastMan
12-04-2016, 06:38 PM
That would hurt a LOT ... but from what I've seen, he's committed to being a Dog. Dak may have something to do with that.

LSU ain't dropping Narcisse so that won't happen

BeastMan
12-04-2016, 06:39 PM
Y'all need to start listening to I Seen It

chef dixon
12-04-2016, 06:40 PM
Key will beat LSU as our QB

Vandelay Industries
12-04-2016, 06:48 PM
LSU doesn't have an OC. How is Key going to sign with a school where he doesn't know who will be calling plays?

Bothrops
12-04-2016, 06:53 PM
Key is signing with MSU, not LSU.

Commercecomet24
12-04-2016, 07:03 PM
Y'all think about this. Dak the greatest to ever wear the maroon and white now a big success in the NFL. Fitz is gonna more than likely break all daks records and now we got a kid coming in, KT, that maybe better than both of them. It's crazy but in the old days I just wished for a qb that could complete 50% of his passes and not screw up. My how times have changed!

CadaverDawg
12-04-2016, 07:54 PM
Y'all think about this. Dak the greatest to ever wear the maroon and white now a big success in the NFL. Fitz is gonna more than likely break all daks records and now we got a kid coming in, KT, that maybe better than both of them. It's crazy but in the old days I just wished for a qb that could complete 50% of his passes and not screw up. My how times have changed!

I know exactly what you mean. We're suddenly light years away from hoping Henig survived games at QB

Todd4State
12-04-2016, 07:57 PM
I know exactly what you mean. We're suddenly light years away from hoping Henig survived games at QB

How many times did he break his collarbone? I felt bad for him. He had a strong arm- not that accurate but he could get some RPM's on a football.

Harrydawg
12-04-2016, 08:04 PM
And now with a truely prolific offense, our D was as pitiful (at times) as I have seen in the past 20 years....

But that should be relatively easy to correct

lamont
12-04-2016, 08:50 PM
I hope you are not implying that KT would be open to taking an offer of cash....that would be a very disparaging remark if that is your thought.

Every recruit in the nation is not above taking some cold hard cash.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-04-2016, 08:55 PM

That is totally false. Not accurate.

lamont
12-04-2016, 09:03 PM
That is totally false. Not accurate.

lol- totally false? You havent dealt with HS kids and their families. Its 100% true. Every kid and family will accept that green.

Not every family will let it decide their choice- but they all accept it

somebodyshotmypaw
12-04-2016, 09:09 PM
lol- totally false? You havent dealt with HS kids and their families. Its 100% true. Every kid and family will accept that green.

Every family? Every one? Not everyone can be bought. Not 100%. I have a cousin in Texas being recruited. He would not accept money.

Remember that 100% is a strong statement.

Intramural All-American
12-04-2016, 09:13 PM

Geez you're an idiot. Either that or you just have a completely sad view of humanity. Probably a little of both.

Treemydawg
12-04-2016, 09:15 PM
What are y'all thoughts on our o-line recruits as far as their upside? I have watched all of their highlight videos and I am really impressed with Paul Gainer, cat plays with a mean streak. That's something our line has been missing the last couple of years. He flat out wants to punish the man across from him. I can't wait to watch him in maroon and white.

HoopsDawg
12-04-2016, 09:16 PM
Geez you're an idiot. Either that or you just have a completely sad view of humanity. Probably a little of both.

If he changed the word every to most, he would be right. It's not breaking the law, it's breaking the rules. And as Ricky Roe's dad said in the Blue Chips, "they ain't my rules".

Thick
12-04-2016, 09:19 PM
There's an overwhelmingly huge percentage of recruits and their fams that take money or some form of payment. That is 100% accurate. Those of you that don't believe that are probably intramural all americans.

Intramural All-American
12-04-2016, 09:21 PM
If he changed the word every to most, he would be right. It's not breaking the law, it's breaking the rules. And as Ricky Roe's dad said in the Blue Chips, "they ain't my rules".

And I would agree with that. But to say 100% would is ignorant.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-04-2016, 09:24 PM
There's an overwhelmingly huge percentage of recruits and their fams that take money or some form of payment.

I believe you. But there is a difference between an overwhelmingly huge percentage and 100%.

Intramural All-American
12-04-2016, 09:25 PM
There's an overwhelmingly huge percentage of recruits and their fams that take money or some form of payment. That is 100% accurate. Those of you that don't believe that are probably intramural all americans.

You do realize that I know recruiting is dirty, right? I'm not naive. The demographics of college football yield a lot of families that are unwealthy, so it is obvious that money is a game changer for many. My whole point was saying 100% would not accept. 90%? Probably

Thick
12-04-2016, 09:35 PM
What's the difference between 90% or 100%? That's still a very, very large number, and EVERY school is involved including Saban's Bama. Your comments toward RP were kind of over the top after you just said 90% (idiot & sad view of humanity). Don't you think?

defiantdog
12-04-2016, 09:43 PM
They all take some form of payment when given

Intramural All-American
12-04-2016, 10:04 PM
What's the difference between 90% or 100%? That's still a very, very large number, and EVERY school is involved including Saban's Bama. Your comments toward RP were kind of over the top after you just said 90% (idiot & sad view of humanity). Don't you think?

Is 90%= every single one? No. You are arguing something different, and I don't disagree with what you are saying.

To your second point, taking money is cheating. It is against the rules. Most people still do it. That is understood by everyone on this board. However, to not only assume that every single recruit would cheat, but to also try to force other people to accept that fact points to a sense of poor morality standards for humanity that every single person will cheat if given the opportunity. It's just absolutely not true, and it's a sad view to have that little faith in people in general. It sucks that college recruiting is at the point that cheating is accepted, and honestly necessary to stay relevant, but that is where we are. However, I know for one, that I would not accept money, and my family wouldn't either. I highly doubt Tebow took money. I know Wendell Lewis didn't go to Auburn because his grandmother found out they were trying to pay for his commitment. But it is what it is.

lamont
12-04-2016, 10:20 PM

I deal with kids and their families every day. 100%

ScoobaDawg
12-04-2016, 10:26 PM
wtf. Why would anyone ever talk about any of our recruits taking money. This shit doesn't need to be talked about anywhere in anyway.

lamont
12-04-2016, 10:57 PM
Nobody is saying our recruits are taking anything. But every recruit in the country will take some kind of benefit.

Really Clark?
12-04-2016, 11:02 PM
Nobody is saying our recruits are taking anything. But every recruit in the country will take some kind of benefit.

Did you proof read what you just wrote by unlocking this thread?

ScoobaDawg
12-04-2016, 11:06 PM

I bet every kid and family wants free tacos where you are... just comes with where you are.

mstatefan91
12-04-2016, 11:11 PM
"I'm not saying that every kid is going to take money, but every kid is gonna take benefits *wink wink*..."

Seriously, this thread is beyond stupid.

Beaver
12-05-2016, 01:15 AM

Most? Yeah, but not 100%. Remember, there are still plenty of families that are very well off already and don't need any extra benefits. These families don't care about extra cash, they care about their sons/daughters making them look good.

Brad Stevens
12-05-2016, 08:22 AM

Glad you started a message board. But my goodness, man. Stop acting like you're some god. You don't know the dealings of every recruit and his family. You may be a longtime State fan, but you're arrogant and insufferable. Please just stop.

defiantdog
12-05-2016, 08:52 AM
I bet every kid and family wants free tacos where you are... just comes with where you are.
I like tacos

maroonmania
12-05-2016, 09:36 AM

If I find out Tim Tebow and family took extra benefits then I will have lost all hope in the virtue of mankind.

defiantdog
12-05-2016, 09:42 AM
If I find out Tim Tebow and family took extra benefits then I will have lost all hope in the virtue of mankind.
I doubt Tebow and family were offered exclusive benefits

starkvegasdawg
12-05-2016, 09:52 AM
I like tacos

Especially the bald ones.

Red Sox Dawg
12-05-2016, 10:08 AM
Especially the bald ones.

I like mine dressed.

fader2103
12-05-2016, 10:14 AM
I like mine dressed.

You probably like it with a little guacamole too. HA I kid

BeardoMSU
12-05-2016, 10:18 AM
You probably like it with a little guacamole too. HA I kid

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/puking_brian.gif

Liverpooldawg
12-05-2016, 10:28 AM

Posting this doesn't help anything at all and very well my hurt. Why post it?

lamont
12-05-2016, 11:01 AM
Hurt how?

People are people. That's why you see Dr's with talented kids get checks to buy BMW's or houses to live in located in Madison. Or people are promised flights to games if their son signs. Might be a hunting trip that seals a deal. There are all kinds of things that schools will provide and every family will accept.

Are people offered in every case? No
Does every recruit have their hand out? No

That doesn't change the fact that inducements happen all over and just aren't turned down

Jack Lambert
12-05-2016, 11:18 AM
Hurt how?

People are people. That's why you see Dr's with talented kids get checks to buy BMW's or houses to live in located in Madison. Or people are promised flights to games if their son signs. Might be a hunting trip that seals a deal. There are all kinds of things that schools will provide and every family will accept.

Are people offered in every case? No
Does every recruit have their hand out? No

That doesn't change the fact that inducements happen all over and just aren't turned down

If true every school in the country would be on probation.