PDA

View Full Version : Question for the older Dawgs:

War Machine Dawg
09-04-2013, 03:34 PM
Since the JWS & SEC Conference Expansion Era in 1992, I remember the following MSU Offensive Coordinators: Watson Brown, Bruce Arians, Lynn Amedee, Sparky Woods, Morris Watts, McCorvey/Croom, and currently Les. Is this list accurate or am I missing someone? If I am, who was it? What type of offense did he run? And how productive was it? Thanks for the help!

Todd4State
09-04-2013, 04:46 PM
I think you got it. Except for Rockey Felker for the Kentucky game in 2007 per urban legend.**

War Machine Dawg
09-04-2013, 07:41 PM
Haha, no doubt, Todd. Btw, what years were Amedee, Sparky & Watts at State? My memory seems to be 97-99 for Amedee, 2000-01 for Sparky & 02-03 for Watts.

The Croom Diaries
09-04-2013, 07:46 PM
I may not be old, WMD, but I know everything. Go with my dates, I looked them up.

War Machine Dawg
09-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Nevermind, Wiki answered the question for me. Apparently Amedee took over in '95/'96 & Sparky was '99-'02. Watts for one year in '03.

Todd4State
09-04-2013, 07:56 PM
One thing that is kind of interesting is when we hired Amedee, one of the other candidates was Gary Kubiak who had played QB under Jackie and of course is now the head coach of the Texans. I really wanted us to hire Kubiak and Joe Lee Dunn. I got half of my wish at least. Kubiak was kind of an up and comer at that time- he was the QB coach for the San Francisco 49ers under Mike Shanahan. That offense set a bunch of NFL records, but then again- Steve Young, Jerry Rice.... you're probably going to be pretty good running Les's offense with those two.

War Machine Dawg
09-04-2013, 09:49 PM
One thing that is kind of interesting is when we hired Amedee, one of the other candidates was Gary Kubiak who had played QB under Jackie and of course is now the head coach of the Texans. I really wanted us to hire Kubiak and Joe Lee Dunn. I got half of my wish at least. Kubiak was kind of an up and comer at that time- he was the QB coach for the San Francisco 49ers under Mike Shanahan. That offense set a bunch of NFL records, but then again- Steve Young, Jerry Rice.... you're probably going to be pretty good running Les's offense with those two.

Damn, I don't remember that, Todd. Product of being 12, I guess. It would have been totally badass to have Kubiak & JLD, though.

Dawg61
09-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Thing I don't get about Mullen is he demands a certain type of DC but that doesn't apply for him with his OC. Makes no sense.

War Machine Dawg
09-04-2013, 10:16 PM
Thing I don't get about Mullen is he demands a certain type of DC but that doesn't apply for him with his OC. Makes no sense.

You really struggle to get that? It's because regardless of the OC, Mullen is in charge of the offense. Period. It's just that simple.

Jack Lambert
09-05-2013, 08:13 AM
Between my brother and I we know everything. That one my brother knows.

fishwater99
09-05-2013, 09:04 AM
You really struggle to get that? It's because regardless of the OC, Mullen is in charge of the offense. Period. It's just that simple.

Kind of like Stansbury was with his Motion Offense...