PDA

View Full Version : Has Rhule been mentioned for Oregon or Houston?

Tbonewannabe
12-03-2016, 03:18 PM
He has done a phenomenal job.

ShotgunDawg
12-03-2016, 03:19 PM
He has done a phenomenal job.

I think the ghost of Al Golden is hurting him.

The problem at mid major coaches is that they don't understand how you have to recruit in major conferences. At Temple, the players fall to you & you don't have to recruit at a high level to win. However, once you move to a power 5 job, you better be ready to look yourself in mirror & not be entirely happy with what you see. Many mid-major head coaches struggle with that.

At the mid-major level, you can generally build a program the "right way". At the power 5 level, it's extremely difficult due to shitty schools like Ole Miss, Tennessee, & Auburn that make recruiting a nightmare for everyone else.

msstate7
12-03-2016, 03:19 PM
If I'm Notre dame, i hire him ASAP

Really Clark?
12-03-2016, 03:23 PM
Golden and Addizo both are probably hurting him some. I think he would be very good at the right place or NFL, which some thinks he eventually ends up there.

Tbonewannabe
12-03-2016, 03:24 PM
I think the ghost of Al Golden is hurting him.

The problem at mid major schools is that they don't understand how you have to recruit in major conferences. At Temple, the players fall to you & you don't have to recruit at a high level to win. However, once you move to a power 5 job, you better be ready to look yourself in mirror & not be entirely happy with what you see. Many mid-major head coaches struggle with that.

At the mid-major level, you can generally build a program the "right way". At the power 5 level, it's extremely difficult due to shitty schools like Ole Miss, Tennessee, & Auburn that make recruiting a nightmare for everyone else.

He spent a lot of time at Penn State so he has at least coached at a big boy school.

Really Clark?
12-03-2016, 03:27 PM
He spent a lot of time at Penn State so he has at least coached at a big boy school.

Golden and Addizo both did as well. In fact Golden played and coached at Penn St. Rhule just played their and only spent a small time coaching a bigger programs

Goldendawg
12-03-2016, 05:09 PM
I wouldn't say being a coach at Penn State in the recent years as being a good thing on a resume.