PDA

View Full Version : Toxic Art Briles

Really Clark?
12-03-2016, 02:13 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cyxfvk_UQAA6kAl?format=jpg&name=large

He is not coaching in D1 anytime soon

starkvegasdawg
12-03-2016, 02:46 PM
Hope he saved and invested well. He won't be getting a job as a Walmart greeter any time soon.

Original48
12-03-2016, 02:57 PM
Wow. I wonder what prompted a public statement like that? It's almost like the Houston VP wanted to publicly humiliate Briles.

Liverpooldawg
12-03-2016, 03:00 PM
Wow. I wonder what prompted a public statement like that? It's almost like the Houston VP wanted to publicly humiliate Briles.

I imagine a small but vocal group of boosters was lobbying for him. He is done coaching NCAA football, possibly forever.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-03-2016, 03:04 PM
There have been reports that they were interviewing Briles, Miles, & Kiffin & that they were their final 3 choices. They wanted to make it clear he wasn't a candidate to avoid the negative (rightfully so) press.

Really Clark?
12-03-2016, 03:06 PM
I imagine a small but vocal group of boosters was lobbying for him. He is done coaching NCAA football, possibly forever.

It was. Supposedly one board member was promoting it. The Houston leadership voted unanimously not to interview him as well. They had to nip it quickly.

blacklistedbully
12-03-2016, 05:02 PM
Hope he saved and invested well. He won't be getting a job as a Walmart greeter any time soon.

Matter of time before he lands at Ole Miss, where he will be cleansed of his sins in a baptism unto the gods of OM football. They will tell us how they looked into his heart and saw that he had turned to God, and there will be photo-ops and videos of him helping battered women, and feeding staving children in Africa, etc.

RocketDawg
12-03-2016, 05:31 PM
Matter of time before he lands at Ole Miss, where he will be cleansed of his sins in a baptism unto the gods of OM football. They will tell us how they looked into his heart and saw that he had turned to God, and there will be photo-ops and videos of him helping battered women, and feeding staving children in Africa, etc.

You're right ... he would be the perfect Freeze replacement. Problem is ... he's a good coach.

War Machine Dawg
12-03-2016, 09:27 PM

As he should be. Covering up multiple rapes, recruiting more rapists, then covering up for THEIR rapes of players should put him jail. It should be non-negotiable that he never coaches at any level of football aGAIN. Some things are more important than sports.

KB21
12-03-2016, 09:37 PM
The thing with Art Briles that got brushed aside was when he recruited the transfer player who was kicked out of Boise State, and Chris Petersen gave him a detailed history of that player's history. Art took him anyway. That was the first red flag, IMO.

HSVDawg
12-03-2016, 10:48 PM
The thing with Art Briles that got brushed aside was when he recruited the transfer player who was kicked out of Boise State, and Chris Petersen gave him a detailed history of that player's history. Art took him anyway. That was the first red flag, IMO.

I don't think that got brushed aside. Wasn't that included in the investigation report?

KB21
12-04-2016, 08:42 AM
What I'm saying is that when it happened, many people just brushed it aside. Turns out, it was just the tip of the iceberg.

coastdoglover
12-04-2016, 10:34 AM
What I'm saying is that when it happened, many people just brushed it aside. Turns out, it was just the tip of the iceberg.

Not much different than Freeze with Stringfellow, Kelly, and several others. All they care about is winning and the Network could care less.