PDA

View Full Version : O-line future

Bo Darville
04-08-2013, 11:03 AM
I looked at our spring roster (classification based upon fall 2013). We will have 2 seniors, 2 juniors, and 1 sophomore starting. However, with the loss of Maiden, Lawson, Knox, and Redmond, we are thin in the younger classifications. We will have Holley, Siddoway, and Gabe Jackson leave after this year. Clausell, Muniz, Damien Robinson, Dillon Day, and Ben Beckwith will leave the next. We only have one sophomore on the roster (Justin Malone). We have three redshirt freshmen (Desper, Cole Carter, and Justin Senior). Hevesy better be coaching these young guys hard (including the incoming freshmen). If they don't pan out, we will be rebuilding the O-line again rather than reloading. We may also have to look at the JUCO route. I definitely think you will see a JUCO lineman or two signed in the next class since Malone is the only sophomore offensive lineman. We've got to keep the balance.

Coach34
04-08-2013, 11:12 AM
no doubt and a real concern. I hope we have pulled a couple of quality guys that will be redshirts this Fall in Thomas and Flowers.

We have got to do better with this group the next couple of classes

Dallas_Dawg
04-08-2013, 11:35 AM
Lawson and and Knox left the team?

mic
04-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Its the NUMBER 1 must this year in recruiting IMO.. have to sign 2 cant miss guys..

Bo Darville
04-08-2013, 11:38 AM
Lawson and and Knox left the team?

My understanding is that Lawson and Knox are now on medical scholarship. They don't count towards the 85 and are done. Maybe someone else can confirm or clarify.

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-08-2013, 11:45 AM
Our oline will be a huge issue after this year

Bo Darville
04-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Counting scholarship players with an actual chance to play (including Beckwith who can play, not sure if he is on scholarship).

SR - 3 (Holley, Jackson, Siddoway)
JR - 5 (Beckwith, Muniz, Day, Clausell, Robinson)
SO - 1 (Malone)
FR - 3 (Desper, Carter, Senior)
Signees - 3 (Flowers, Clayborn, Thomas)