PDA

View Full Version : Who to pull for today?

drummerdawg
12-03-2016, 12:27 PM
Who should we be pulling for to make sure State gets to go bowling?

msstate7
12-03-2016, 12:31 PM
We're bowing... just got to determine the alley

Todd4State
12-03-2016, 12:36 PM
It depends on what opponent you want to see I guess. If ULL and South Alabama lose it opens up more bowl possibilities for us. It seems like the MSU coaches and AD are lobbying for Las Vegas. Most of the bowl experts think we are going to Dallas. Not sure what happens if anything of those two Sun Belt teams lose.

smootness
12-03-2016, 12:37 PM
Whoever you want. The Constitution grants us that right.

civildawg
12-03-2016, 12:41 PM
I hope the bowl destination leaks out after tonight's games

Todd4State
12-03-2016, 12:45 PM
I hope the bowl destination leaks out after tonight's games

It wouldn't surprise me if it did. And it likely will by this time tomorrow if I had to guess. I'm just not sure of the politics involved which sometimes cause things to change unexpectedly. There are some people on Genespage that still haven't eaten at an Outback Steakhouse since the 90's. Although the SEC went to bat for us to get is into the Liberty Bowl in 2013 so it goes both ways.

preachermatt83
12-03-2016, 01:23 PM
What happens if Navy loses? Looks like they bout to get blown out. Two of their best players are done. They not impressive at all.

Todd4State
12-03-2016, 01:26 PM
What happens if Navy loses? Looks like they bout to get blown out. Two of their best players are done. They not impressive at all.

It just means they won't be in the Cotton Bowl and that they will be in the Armed Forces Bowl in Dallas. It only affects us if we go to the same bowl. It means we won't play someone like USM in Dallas.

Dawgowar
12-03-2016, 01:37 PM

It means they can seed ALL the bowls tomorrow.

Political Hack
12-03-2016, 01:55 PM
I read somewhere that Navy needs to lose so the pecking order is clear for bowl selections. If that's delayed, it could cut into our bowl practices and prep time for whoever we're going to play. There's a possibility we play in 14 days, which sucks considering we are supposed to get 15 practices.