PDA

View Full Version : Kane Wommack

oldwave
12-03-2016, 09:15 AM
Hearing that UNM will hire Kane Womack as D.C.
Former Coach there and current DC at South Alabama.

maroonmania
12-03-2016, 09:20 AM
Wish we had hired a sitting DC at a non P5 school. Would have much rather had someone that has proved themselves as a DC at a lower level than experiment with a PAC 12 LB coach trying to learn to become a DC.

Saltydog
12-03-2016, 09:22 AM
Strong........Their fans kept saying that Freeze had "an open check book" for this hire......Sounds like the checking account may not have had as much money as thought........

Really Clark?
12-03-2016, 09:22 AM
He has been brought up several times by them as a possibility. Dave's son, has been at UNM before, very young and this tells you about how far off their delusions were with all the other big names and the $1 MIL they can spend supposedly. Looming probation is effecting every part of that program now

Coldsleeve Jr.
12-03-2016, 09:43 AM
deleted

Spiderman
12-03-2016, 09:43 AM
Hearing that UNM will hire Kane Womack as D.C.
Former Coach there and current DC at South Alabama.

Not surprising, and a good fit for them if it happens.

I thought after Allen they would make a big push for McGriff. He knows how things work there for sure

HSVDawg
12-03-2016, 09:46 AM
Pretty underwhelming hire on paper, but probably the best they could have hoped for given the circumstances. Their D definitely gave us some problems this year.

msstate7
12-03-2016, 09:48 AM
This could be a risky move for Kane. Freeze could be fired before game 1 next season, om has no LBs on campus at all, and even if freeze is there, he'll go fast as possible and put immense pressure on a defense that lacks talent except at dline. Not to mention, freeze's staff will most likely have a stigma going forward

Really Clark?
12-03-2016, 10:00 AM
This could be a risky move for Kane. Freeze could be fired before game 1 next season, om has no LBs on campus at all, and even if freeze is there, he'll go fast as possible and put immense pressure on a defense that lacks talent except at dline. Not to mention, freeze's staff will most likely have a stigma going forward

He is young enough that he can overcome it if he is good enough to stick as a DC. And if he puts an avg defense out there during the middle of this mess he will get hired elsewhere. The stink from the probation won't stick to him

Todd4State
12-03-2016, 10:07 AM
Pretty underwhelming hire on paper, but probably the best they could have hoped for given the circumstances. Their D definitely gave us some problems this year.

By gave us problems you mean with Damien Williams and Brandon Holloway. Or in other words with two hands tied behind our back.

Todd4State
12-03-2016, 10:08 AM
Not surprising, and a good fit for them if it happens.

I thought after Allen they would make a big push for McGriff. He knows how things work there for sure

This is who I figured they would get. McGriff left there for a reason.

Really Clark?
12-03-2016, 10:14 AM

We ran for 239 yards and Dam Williams had 93 yards against them. I'm not too scared with Fitz and Williams going against his defens

SDDawg
12-03-2016, 10:19 AM
Kane Wommack is garbage. F*ck that guy. Hope he fails miserably.

Spiderman
12-03-2016, 10:23 AM
Kane Wommack is garbage. F*ck that guy. Hope he fails miserably.

Sounds personal

Really Clark?
12-03-2016, 10:24 AM
They were 8th in their conference only games in scoring defense and 7th in total defense. That looks incredibly like what his dad normally does at his peak without Allen.

messageboardsuperhero
12-03-2016, 10:27 AM

Their D gave Damien Williams problems- Fitz played a whopping six snaps and they were the first meaningful ones of his career.

Not saying he will or won't be good, but you can't base that assumption off of one game where our starting QB didn't even play.

BeastMan
12-03-2016, 10:33 AM
That's Dave's son right?

HSVDawg
12-03-2016, 10:36 AM
We ran for 239 yards and Dam Williams had 93 yards against them. I'm not too scared with Fitz and Williams going against his defens

Oh I'm not scared of them by any means. I'm just saying the dude isn't the worst hire they could have made. They did give us some problems as we did next to nothing in that game offensively from about mid 2nd quarter until the last drive of the game. They particularly gave our OL some problems up front as we didn't create very many running lanes for the RB's.

Really Clark?
12-03-2016, 10:38 AM
Oh I'm not scared of them by any means. I'm just saying the dude isn't the worst hire they could have made. They did give us some problems as we did next to nothing in that game offensively from about mid 2nd quarter until the last drive of the game. They particularly gave our OL some problems up front as we didn't create very many running lanes for the RB's.

I agree. I think our lack of execution on the line was more us than them but they did what they had to do.

BeastMan
12-03-2016, 10:47 AM
What a terrible situation for a young guy. His defense will be awful next year and the NCAA stuff will make it hard to recruit out of. As a pragmatic state fan, I hope he fails miserably but I'd hate for this stop to ruin his whole career. Heard he's a good dude. USM guy

https://www.google.com/amp/www.al.com/articles/18178767/kane_wommack_brings_youth_ener.amp?client=safari

CadaverDawg
12-03-2016, 10:49 AM
Sunbelt coach will now have a Sunbelt DC to go with their soon to be Sunbelt talent.

Red Sox Dawg
12-03-2016, 10:55 AM
Sunbelt coach will now have a Sunbelt DC to go with their soon to be Sunbelt talent.

That's an insult to the Sunbelt Conference and its members.

HSVDawg
12-03-2016, 10:59 AM
By gave us problems you mean with Damien Williams and Brandon Holloway. Or in other words with two hands tied behind our back.

Well, don't forget their entire starting DL was out for that game. We should have been able to put up 500 yards with Wyatt Roberts running the show. Still makes me mad thinking about that game...

CadaverDawg
12-03-2016, 10:59 AM
That's an insult to the Sunbelt Conference and its members.

+1

1bigdawg
12-03-2016, 11:03 AM
[QUOTE=BeastMan;663661]As a pragmatic state fan, I hope he fails miserably but I'd hate for this stop to ruin his whole career. Heard he's a good dude. USM guyQUOTE]

I wish anyone associated with UNM and Freeze, nothing but the worst. If he takes the job, it will be fine with me if it ruins his whole career.

BeastMan
12-03-2016, 11:24 AM
He's a USM guy who I've heard is a good dude. I'm sure USA to OM is a significant pay raise.

msstate7
12-03-2016, 11:26 AM
He's a USM guy who I've heard is a good dude. I'm sure USA to OM is a significant pay raise.

Sometimes immediate money isn't worth it long term

Sincerely,
Cj Johnson**

preachermatt83
12-03-2016, 11:33 AM
Please let this be true

ScottH
12-03-2016, 11:37 AM
A serious question....

K. Wommack

Or

Sirmon

msstate7
12-03-2016, 11:40 AM
A serious question....

K. Wommack

Or

Sirmon

Hard to know. Sirmon was running his defense without the correct personnel. I'm not near as down on Sirmon as others

Todd4State
12-03-2016, 11:44 AM
A serious question....

K. Wommack

Or

Sirmon

Push. Maybe Sirmon because at least he can recruit.

Todd4State
12-03-2016, 11:46 AM
Well, don't forget their entire starting DL was out for that game. We should have been able to put up 500 yards with Wyatt Roberts running the show. Still makes me mad thinking about that game...

To me that just illustrates how bad running Holloway up the middle was. Especially in light of how our o-line performed late in the season.

BeastMan
12-03-2016, 11:52 AM
Sometimes immediate money isn't worth it long term

Very true

dawgoneyall
12-03-2016, 12:04 PM
Their D gave Damien Williams problems- Fitz played a whopping six snaps and they were the first meaningful ones of his career.

Not saying he will or won't be good, but you can't base that assumption off of one game where our starting QB didn't even play.

With two dropped passes for first downs.
I still would like Dan to explain the Holloway-Williams BS......then the 1/2 season of Holloway up the middle BS.