PDA

View Full Version : Cam Akers

It_Could_Happen
12-02-2016, 10:39 PM
Just left DWS. Hate we aren't in the running because he's the best high school talent I've ever seen.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-02-2016, 10:46 PM
Wonder where he ends up? I have heard OM but surely he is smarter than that.

Cooterpoot
12-02-2016, 10:48 PM
He's headed to UM because mama wants him there. He will be wasted. Both literally and figuratively.

Todd4State
12-02-2016, 10:50 PM
He's headed to UM because mama wants him there. He will be wasted. Both literally and figuratively.

We'll see what Coach O has to say about that.

preachermatt83
12-02-2016, 10:54 PM
He's going to OM. Sad too. A HS coach told me the other day that Akers is the best high school recruit to come out of MS since Marcus Dupree.

It_Could_Happen
12-02-2016, 10:56 PM
I heard LSU tonight for what it's worth.

HoopsDawg
12-02-2016, 10:58 PM
I heard he loves coach O.

HaggardDawg
12-02-2016, 10:59 PM
How could someone with the prestige of Akers want to go somewhere that has all of the NCAA stuff going on and a rash of decommits lately? That's beyond dumb on his part. He may never play in a bowl game if he goes there.

Jarius
12-02-2016, 11:03 PM
If he goes to Ole Miss he won't be worth a shit because that tells me he isn't smart enough to be worth a shit. Anyone that has real options and decides to go to that school right not is a certifiable idiot.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-02-2016, 11:06 PM
Mama wants him there because she will benefit from it...probably already has. If those idiots are still up to all their shenanigans, paying recruits then they are worse than I thought.

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2016, 11:06 PM
I hope our coaches did everything in their power, because it's embarrassing to lose instate players like this. Like Marcus Dupree, It's embarrassing to the state of MS when the best players leave.

How can MSU ever become something more than what we are, if we can't get the best the state has to offer?

How can the state of MS be better if we can't keep the best and brightest?

I realize that some things aren't meant to be and maybe Akers just never had any interest in being a Bulldog, but like many other before him, losing Akers makes me want to throw up. The state of MS only produces so many transformative talents and we just missed the boat on yet another.

I'm not sure what MSU, the alumni, or coaches can do, but they've/ we've got to do better. We've got to identify and get on them earlier, we've got to promote ourselves in way that makes us desirable. I just want to throw up. The thought of Fitz/Key + Akers/Hill is SEC title caliber stuff that we will never see.

MSU has to step up. We just have too.

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2016, 11:07 PM
If he goes to Ole Miss he won't be worth a shit because that tells me he isn't smart enough to be worth a shit. Anyone that has real options and decides to go to that school right not is a certifiable idiot.

My instincts say your right, but I really hope your right

lamont
12-02-2016, 11:09 PM
Its OM unless Momma gets a BBD

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2016, 11:11 PM

Terribly sad. He'll never go to a bowl game.

The NCAA would have to have the utmost interest in this illogical decision.

lamont
12-02-2016, 11:17 PM
OM gives them the BBD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dy3MXumYiA

lastmajordog
12-02-2016, 11:22 PM
Why are the DOGS not in the running ?? What have I missed??

BeardoMSU
12-02-2016, 11:26 PM

Jesus....what happened recently to force this change with Akers? Or is the same answer it's always been?

lamont
12-02-2016, 11:28 PM

didnt miss anything. State was never in the picture.

Akers is good- we got Hill coming in- who is very good and wont hold his BBD over our heads

Ifyouonlyknew
12-02-2016, 11:29 PM
I've heard it's not OM but we'll see in a few weeks.

lamont
12-02-2016, 11:30 PM
Jesus....what happened recently to force this change with Akers? Or is the same answer it's always been?

this has been in place for awhile-its not new news. Good luck Orgeron with his BBD

lamont
12-02-2016, 11:31 PM
I've heard it's not OM but we'll see in a few weeks.

I hope not. His coaches think it is tho. We'll see

CadaverDawg
12-02-2016, 11:31 PM

We weren't even in the top 10. I know people will say "bull shit", but I think we pretty much bowed out of that sweepstakes early bc 1) We never win bidding wars, 2) Kylin Hill isn't far from Cam level and wouldn't require us getting in the mud and potentially ending up with neither. But that's just something I was told.

Commercecomet24
12-02-2016, 11:33 PM
Coach O might have a little to say about that. I heard lsu, but who knows with these kids. If he does go to unm hope he enjoys running behind no ol.

chef dixon
12-02-2016, 11:33 PM
Its not too crazy to say Hill is more ready to play the RB position consistently. Akers is going to need some molding into a position. Ole miss would be a catastrophic choice for him in my opinion.

Really Clark?
12-02-2016, 11:34 PM
We weren't even in the top 10. I know people will say "bull shit", but I think we pretty much bowed out of that sweepstakes early bc 1) We never win bidding wars, 2) Kylin Hill isn't far from Cam level and wouldn't require us getting in the mud and potentially ending up with neither. But that's just something I was told.

And Hill and Akers were not going to play together either. We made our choice and got an outstanding player who wants to be here.

Commercecomet24
12-02-2016, 11:37 PM
And Hill and Akers were not going to play together either. We made our choice and got an outstanding player who wants to be here.

Exactly! These 2 were never gonna play together and we are getting the one that's not being a merc and wants to be here!

Spiderman
12-02-2016, 11:39 PM
Mullen should have offered him as a QB.

Worth a shot

Commercecomet24
12-02-2016, 11:45 PM

Worth a shot

That might've worked. Just talked to a buddy who's kid plays with him and he said urban offered him as a qb, but I'm not sure if I believe that or not.

Really Clark?
12-02-2016, 11:48 PM
I've heard the QB deal for a few years. Will he be signing at UNM or LSU as a QB?

Cooterpoot
12-02-2016, 11:51 PM
5'10, 199....Is he going to lose speed when he has to add 15 lbs? He's not the biggest guy to be a RB. Great athlete. Great HS player. But, there are several ifs with him.

Activated Alpha
12-03-2016, 12:00 AM
I hope our coaches did everything in their power, because it's embarrassing to lose instate players like this. Like Marcus Dupree, It's embarrassing to the state of MS when the best players leave.

How can MSU ever become something more than what we are, if we can't get the best the state has to offer?

I realize that some things aren't meant to be and maybe Akers just never had any interest in being a Bulldog, but like many other before him, losing Akers makes me want to throw up. The state of MS only produces so many transformative talents and we just missed the boat on yet another.

I'm not sure what MSU, the alumni, or coaches can do, but they've/ we've got to do better. We've got to identify and get on them earlier, we've got to promote ourselves in way that makes us desirable. I just want to throw up. The thought of Fitz/Key + Akers/Hill is SEC title caliber stuff that we will never see.

Just from my perspective, go look around any retail store or convenience store that sells collegiate merchandise and tell me what you see? Our state schools are always battling with Alabama, Auburn, LSU, and Arkansas in stuff like that, but not once have i ever seen Ole miss or state merchandise be sold in those other states.

PassInterference
12-03-2016, 12:22 AM
Cam Akers is dumb as dirt if he goes to Ole Miss.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-03-2016, 12:37 AM
5'10, 199....Is he going to lose speed when he has to add 15 lbs? He's not the biggest guy to be a RB. Great athlete. Great HS player. But, there are several ifs with him.

He's already around 210-215lbs

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-03-2016, 12:48 AM
I don't want to insinuate anything but anyone of his caliber going to OM with what is getting ready to happen to them makes 0 sense. Not even looking at the missed bowl games, but if the penalties are crippling scholarship wise, he's going to be playing on a team that can't surround him with quality athletes to help showcase his talents. If they get him due to improper means and it puts the final nail in the coffin, then I'm all for it.

Todd4State
12-03-2016, 12:48 AM
Just from my perspective, go look around any retail store or convenience store that sells collegiate merchandise and tell me what you see? Our state schools are always battling with Alabama, Auburn, LSU, and Arkansas in stuff like that, but not once have i ever seen Ole miss or state merchandise be sold in those other states.

I have.

Todd4State
12-03-2016, 12:57 AM

I’m pretty sure the Cam Akers and Kylin Hill thing was made up message board fodder. I’ve seen them talking to each other on twitter- which I wouldn’t think you would do with someone you didn’t get along with. The real reason has to do with our relationship with Clinton’s coach- and knowing the details I honestly don’t totally fault him even though it hurts us. And I’m not putting the details out there on a message board although I think most know what I am talking about. I’ll just say that Dan needs to be more “aware” of certain things with regards to recruiting. Even though yes, I do agree that the person Dan brought in will help us out in recruiting in the long run even though it killed us with Akers.

Really Clark?
12-03-2016, 01:00 AM
I’m pretty sure the Cam Akers and Kylin Hill thing was made up message board fodder. I’ve seen them talking to each other on twitter- which I wouldn’t think you would do with someone you didn’t get along with. The real reason has to do with our relationship with Clinton’s coach- and knowing the details I honestly don’t totally fault him even though it hurts us. And I’m not putting the details out there on a message board although I think most know what I am talking about. I’ll just say that Dan needs to be more “aware” of certain things with regards to recruiting. Even though yes, I do agree that the person Dan brought in will help us out in recruiting in the long run even though it killed us with Akers.

Well I didn't say anything about their relationship with each other. But they were not going to sign with the same team. That wasn't really just message board rumors. The other you mention is valid but even with Hughes on him we were outside looking in.

Todd4State
12-03-2016, 01:05 AM
Well I didn't say anything about their relationship with each other. But they were not going to sign with the same team. That wasn't really just message board rumors. The other you mention is valid but even with Hughes on him we were outside looking in.

If he played at any other school other than one in Lafayette or Panola County I would like our chances. Let me put it that way.

I_Spy
12-03-2016, 01:30 AM
Cam Akers is awesome no matter where he goes and represents our state anyway. (Just don't let him be a Reb) bc that's not really our state. Remember when you travelled and saw nothing but cotton fields, that's gone everybody.

Kylin is easy to like because he already represents our university. Openly Proudly

I like them both.

msstate7
12-03-2016, 01:43 AM
Treadwell, tunsil, and nkemdiche were the #1 recruits at their positions in '13. Those players weren't developed at all at om... they only improved as their careers progressed bc their bodies physically got stronger. Treadwell and RN's careers are in jeopardy before they even played much. Now cam will need to learn a new position in college. Good luck with that.

msstate7
12-03-2016, 02:31 AM
While everyone seems to melting over the one we aren't gonna get, how about OUR guy, Thompson? According to Paul jones, Thompson's team took down #1 destrehan 50-14. Thompson had 4 1st half rushing td's to help lead Landry walker to the state championship

bulldog2488
12-03-2016, 02:32 AM
That might've worked. Just talked to a buddy who's kid plays with him and he said urban offered him as a qb, but I'm not sure if I believe that or not.

That's true about Urban offering him as a QB

preachermatt83
12-03-2016, 04:36 AM
While everyone seems to melting over the one we aren't gonna get, how about OUR guy, Thompson? According to Paul jones, Thompson's team took down #1 destrehan 50-14. Thompson had 4 1st half rushing td's to help lead Landry walker to the state championship

Dan Mullen will turn this kid into one of the best QBs in the country. Watch. He has every single thing Dan looks for in a QB and is WAYYYYYY ahead of everyone we have ever recruited at this point at the QB position.

KB21
12-03-2016, 08:51 AM
Dan Mullen will turn this kid into one of the best QBs in the country. Watch. He has every single thing Dan looks for in a QB and is WAYYYYYY ahead of everyone we have ever recruited at this point at the QB position.

Dak Prescott.......Nick Fitzgerald.......Keytaon Thompson.............that's going to be a beautiful string of successive quarterbacks.

Honestly, if you are a dual threat quarterback, why would you consider playing for anyone other than Dan Mullen in the SEC?

HSVDawg
12-03-2016, 09:30 AM

Gonna be interesting to see if you posting "Momma gets a BBD" leads to any robo ads at the top of the page.

msbulldog
12-03-2016, 11:36 AM
I like Hill, he's built like A. Williams, he wants to be at MSU, he's Golden Triangle. If Akers goes to Mississippi, he's wasting his career, NCAA sanctions coming, we don't need him. His attitude is going to be terrible, after this hype that is surrounding his recruitment. We are loaded at RB.

Call me stupid, but someone please tell me what the acronym BBD stands for.

msstate7
12-03-2016, 11:39 AM
I want Akers at lsu. Lsu always has an elite rb, so who cares? I want Clyde and Akers can help us there by going to lsu

Really Clark?
12-03-2016, 11:39 AM
I like Hill, he's built like A. Williams, he wants to be at MSU, he's Golden Triangle. If Akers goes to Mississippi, he's wasting his career, NCAA sanctions coming, we don't need him. His attitude is going to be terrible, after this hype that is surrounding his recruitment. We are loaded at RB.

Call me stupid, but someone please tell me what the acronym BBD stands for.

Bigger Better Deal

the59dawg
12-03-2016, 12:34 PM

Hill and Williams won't be bad either.

Coursesuper
12-03-2016, 12:57 PM
17 that guy, he hasn't given us the time of day have fun at UNM watching MSU going to bowl games while he sits at home getting payed by Nutt and crew. He will be back on the block soon enough just be sure not to get booed on senior day.

Beaver
12-03-2016, 01:15 PM
I want Akers at lsu. Lsu always has an elite rb, so who cares? I want Clyde and Akers can help us there by going to lsu

True, but even with Akers OM is gonna struggle to win games. Since he's not coming to MSU I'd rather have him go out of the SEC West so we don't have to face him. If he stays in the West, then he'll be least effective at OM.

preachermatt83
12-03-2016, 01:18 PM
I like Hill as a RB in our scheme better than cam.

War Machine Dawg
12-03-2016, 01:24 PM

Worth a shot

Y'all realize Clinton has a tradition of putting their best SR athlete at QB, right? Pretty sure Cam played RB every year before this one.

HoopsDawg
12-03-2016, 01:24 PM
True, but even with Akers OM is gonna struggle to win games. Since he's not coming to MSU I'd rather have him go out of the SEC West so we don't have to face him. If he stays in the West, then he'll be least effective at OM.

Akers hasn't even made it to Oxford yet for his official visit. I don't know why state people think he is going there. And even if he does, who cares. We need to focus on finding O-linemen, DB's and a playmaker at WR. KT needs to be calling McMath every day.

RC3
12-03-2016, 01:28 PM
Why did he not make it to Oxford as planned?

parabrave
12-03-2016, 01:30 PM
Bigger Better Deal

Was Barry Switzer at the game last night?***

msstate7
12-03-2016, 01:33 PM

Negotiations hit a snag.

HoopsDawg
12-03-2016, 01:35 PM

He wanted to celebrate state title with his teammates.

RC3
12-03-2016, 01:37 PM
He wanted to celebrate state title with his teammates.

Good for him

Ifyouonlyknew
12-03-2016, 02:11 PM
Y'all realize Clinton has a tradition of putting their best SR athlete at QB, right? Pretty sure Cam played RB every year before this one.

Cam has started at QB every game since game 1 9th grade.

SailingDawg
12-03-2016, 02:42 PM

This is the defining factor: intelligence. We push football players through public education then they flop in college, no pro ability whatsoever. Is that the problem of UM's three first-rounders? Doesn't seem so with Kimchee, just lazy.

I taught a RB/DB who is now in junior college. Girls did all his work in class. Also taught a very talented QB but he was/is dumb as a rock so he didn't even make it in JC.

If Akers doesn't go to Ohio State it's because he isn't smart enough in the classroom.

Bubb Rubb
12-03-2016, 02:48 PM

This has nothing to do with why we weren't in the running for Cam Akers.

bulldog2488
12-03-2016, 02:51 PM
Cam has started at QB every game since game 1 9th grade.

Yep. And honestly he has done pretty well passing the ball the last two years. He is going to be a stud QB for somebody. Hopefully not OM

bulldog2488
12-03-2016, 03:00 PM
Did Akers make the OM official this weekend?

SailingDawg
12-03-2016, 03:05 PM
Perhaps Mullen knows Akers isn't coachable and/or won't fit into our scheme?

Then there's the money factor. Momma knows UM will pay.

bluelightstar
12-03-2016, 03:09 PM
Crazy thought here: sometimes kids just don't want to go to a certain school

bulldog2488
12-03-2016, 03:15 PM
Crazy thought here: sometimes kids just don't want to go to a certain school

Yep. I know a lot of people have claimed the whole deal with Boswell being married to Peterson's ex-wife, but I think you hit the nail on the head. He has just never returned much interest in us. I will say that he told me a couple of years ago that LSU has always been his favorite. Of course a lot can change in two years, but it sounds like he is leaning more toward LSU right now. Its also that time of the year where crazy stuff happens in recruiting.

defiantdog
12-03-2016, 03:43 PM
Akers is going to be good at the next level, but he'll need developing if he moves to RB. We need to move discussions to players like Avery. We need he him more than a player like Akers.

preachermatt83
12-03-2016, 03:49 PM
Yep. I know a lot of people have claimed the whole deal with Peterson being married to Boswell's ex-wife, but I think you hit the nail on the head. He has just never returned much interest in us. I will say that he told me a couple of years ago that LSU has always been his favorite. Of course a lot can change in two years, but it sounds like he is leaning more toward LSU right now. Its also that time of the year where crazy stuff happens in recruiting.

Lol.. U have that backwards.

bulldog2488
12-03-2016, 03:51 PM
Lol.. U have that backwards.

Have what backwards?

preachermatt83
12-03-2016, 03:59 PM
Have what backwards?

On who is married to who

bulldog2488
12-03-2016, 04:06 PM
On who is married to who

Oops! I just now realized I typed that backwards. Fixed it.

preachermatt83
12-03-2016, 04:12 PM
Oops! I just now realized I typed that backwards. Fixed it.

10/4

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
12-04-2016, 01:55 AM
Remember when you travelled and saw nothing but cotton fields, that's gone everybody.

Word is, cotton's going to make a come back in a big way in the Delta next year. And I'll be glad to see it.

I_Spy
12-04-2016, 05:29 AM
Word is, cotton's going to make a come back in a big way in the Delta next year. And I'll be glad to see it.

I used to hate it. All through my youth. All road trips were boring to me until my grandparents finally took me to Disney. Then I found out ..the world was more modern than MS. Life changing

Truly, Mickey Mouse changed my life. My expectations even.

msbulldog
12-04-2016, 07:31 AM
Bigger Better Deal

Thank you!