12-02-2016, 02:41 PM
Just announced his intention to transfer from the program

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2016, 02:42 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cyse8A3UcAA0QjM.jpg:large

More attrition

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2016, 02:56 PM
Sign of the 3/4 likely being here to stay. Getting rid of weakside DE that can't play in space.

Rumor is that there could be up to 12 guys leave the team.

How does that effect our scholarship situation?

CadaverDawg
12-02-2016, 02:58 PM
Damn, I thought he had promise.

This Sirmon shit better work, bc right now I'm getting nervous. Nothing I saw this year suggested the 3-4 could work. Nothing

Gutter Cobreh
12-02-2016, 03:00 PM
Did we not teach the kid how to use punctuation when writing statements? That was the only part of his statement that truly saddened me....

Irondawg
12-02-2016, 03:01 PM
Wonder what happened to him. he was supposed to be the next big diamond in the rough as the coaches raved about him after he signed.

Did he just not develop

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2016, 03:02 PM

This Sirmon shit better work, bc right now I'm getting nervous. Nothing I saw this year suggested the 3-4 could work. Nothing

Where will these extra scholarships go?

Are we going to play next season with 75 guys on the roster?

If so, we are a blueprint for how to handle probation

Really Clark?
12-02-2016, 03:02 PM
Wonder what happened to him. he was supposed to be the next big diamond in the rough as the coaches raved about him after he signed.

Did he just not develop

Don't think he fits the scheme as well now

thf24
12-02-2016, 03:03 PM
Not having a place in the 3-4 would make sense, but could it also be that he just didn't pan out? Remember when he committed he was thought to be a potential freak but about as raw as they can get.

Ari Gold
12-02-2016, 03:04 PM
With what we have coming in at the DL position , if AMullins couldn't find PT this year he wasn't going to find it or as much as he wants the next 2 years..
All the best to him..

And yeah there will be more coming..

CadaverDawg
12-02-2016, 03:06 PM
With what we have coming in at the DL position , if AMullins couldn't find PT this year he wasn't going to find it or as much as he wants the next 2 years..
All the best to him..

And yeah there will be more coming..

Why? Scheme? And will it be good attrition or a mixture of good & bad? Any idea what to expect or from what position group the next ones will come from?

Ari Gold
12-02-2016, 03:26 PM
Why? Scheme? And will it be good attrition or a mixture of good & bad? Any idea what to expect or from what position group the next ones will come from?

Sweat, Autry, Pope and maybe Rivers ... That's about as good as Anyone could ask for with juco DL incoming.
Along with Thomas, Spencer and Simmons... That's a strong group..

CadaverDawg
12-02-2016, 03:28 PM
Sweat, Autry, Pope and maybe Rivers ... That's about as good as Anyone could ask for with juco DL incoming.

As long as it's good attrition, I'm down

KB21
12-02-2016, 03:36 PM

I think this year, you saw the transition part, which is always difficult. Anytime you are changing schemes, it takes a while for it to get going. I would have liked to have seen improvement over the latter part of the season, so they have to drill down why that improvement didn't happen.

I see nothing inherently wrong with the scheme. This same scheme has been dominant at Wisconsin under Justin Wilcox.

Coursesuper
12-02-2016, 03:37 PM

And Kobe Jones.

NCDawg
12-02-2016, 03:41 PM
Sign of the 3/4 likely being here to stay. Getting rid of weakside DE that can't play in space.

Rumor is that there could be up to 12 guys leave the team.

How does that effect our scholarship situation?

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the sub OL left. Hevesy rarely substitutes anybody.

Jarius
12-02-2016, 03:43 PM
I think this year, you saw the transition part, which is always difficult. Anytime you are changing schemes, it takes a while for it to get going. I would have liked to have seen improvement over the latter part of the season, so they have to drill down why that improvement didn't happen.

I see nothing inherently wrong with the scheme. This same scheme has been dominant at Wisconsin under Justin Wilcox.

We've changed schemes almost every year on defense under Mullen. It's not the scheme that's the problem and it doesn't take a year to learn a scheme. We either don't have the talent on campus yet to make it work or Peter Sirmon is a really bad coach. I don't know which it is.

Sacrifice
12-02-2016, 03:44 PM
Any word on how Fletcher Adams is progressing? I thought this kid was gonna be a great player for us.

BeastMan
12-02-2016, 03:57 PM
A ton of physical upside that was worth the risk of taking. This is the name of the game. Make a difference or move on. I wish him the best. Very talented kid.

maroonmania
12-02-2016, 03:58 PM
I knew he was looking to get out of Starkville. Wait, wait, is this about the coach or the player?***

BeastMan
12-02-2016, 03:59 PM
Any word on how Fletcher Adams is progressing? I thought this kid was gonna be a great player for us.

Played some this year. We'll see how it goes going forward. I like that he's not a prototypical DT in size and gives us a different look, especially on 3rd down. It remains to be seen if he can be an every down player.

ShotgunDawg
12-02-2016, 04:30 PM
A ton of physical upside that was worth the risk of taking. This is the name of the game. Make a difference or move on. I wish him the best. Very talented kid.

Yup. This is how the top programs do it.

Gotta maximize every scholarship

Bothrops
12-02-2016, 05:14 PM
Fletcher Adams needs to be pushed harder. He got his elite rating in high school because of his motor and ability.

What I saw all season long was some uninspired ball on the defensive side. There's no excuse for it. Watch the Arkansas game again. It was like watching an alumni game, where you have a bunch of old dudes walking around and players intentionally brushing off tackles and falling beside them.

Johnson85
12-02-2016, 05:47 PM

Blueprint for how to self-impose probation? Or is this helping balance our classes out somehow?

TUSK
12-02-2016, 06:23 PM
Just announced his intention to transfer from the program

I didn't know Football coaches could transfer...*

Really Clark?
12-02-2016, 06:35 PM
I didn't know Football coaches could transfer...*

Isn't Kiffin about to be processed?***

Reason2succeed
12-02-2016, 07:27 PM
That's what happens when a bunch of young players solidify their starting jobs on the team for the next few years. As long as none of the transfers are starters we will be fine. It opens spots to recruit younger high end talent.

HSVDawg
12-02-2016, 08:27 PM

Don't see why not. We played this year with less than that.

HSVDawg
12-02-2016, 08:38 PM
Yup. This is how the top programs do it.

Gotta maximize every scholarship

To answer the scholarship question, we are now at 59 heading into the spring by my count (that includes T. Cleveland). So we already had a pretty large surplus and don't really need to process anyone immediately. I imagine we will sign around 30 in the 2017 class with some counting back to last year and probably 2 or 3 of those being sign and place. May lose one or two more, but it might be after the spring. If we lose 12 like someone suggested that would be ridiculous and flat out inexcuseable. We'd be right back in the same boat as this year with self-imposed probation.

SPMT
12-02-2016, 09:29 PM
Even the people hat run 3-4, don't really run 3-4. Alabama does not run 3-4 defense alone all that often. They "base" out of it, however, they will run nickel 50% of the time, with 4 down linemen and not always a 0 technique lineman.