PDA

View Full Version : Bowl game

GTHOM
12-02-2016, 12:28 PM
So is it Las Vegas or Dallas we are going to? Anybody heard anything?

starkvegasdawg
12-02-2016, 12:44 PM
The earliest anything can be officially announced will be Sunday.

Okrastar1
12-02-2016, 12:53 PM
We need to hurry up I wanna make some travel arrangements to Vegas!!!

yjnkdawg
12-02-2016, 01:02 PM
So is it Las Vegas or Dallas we are going to? Anybody heard anything?

It is all dependent on how the games play out Saturday. It could be one of those two, or possibly two more. The Cactus or Saint Petersburg.

Liverpooldawg
12-02-2016, 01:35 PM
If NAVY wins we may not find out till next weekend.

oldjoedawg
12-02-2016, 01:37 PM

I believe that I am correct in saying that if Western Mich. wins tonight over Ohio then the bowls can be set on Sunday.......At least that is what I read in my morning paper.

Todd4State
12-02-2016, 01:39 PM

More like of Ohio wins tonight we might not find out next week.

Quaoarsking
12-02-2016, 02:05 PM
Remember that ESPN can move teams around in the bowls they own (about half of them) to create more interesting matchups.

The CUSA champion used to go to the Liberty Bowl but one year Southern Miss won CUSA and went to the Hawaii Bowl instead. Then ESPN sent runner up Houston to play in some bowl against Penn State (ignoring tieins) and put Big East team Cincinnati in that Liberty Bowl slot to play Vanderbilt.

Supposedly they're going to find a good bowl to put Western Michigan in if they don't get the Cotton, which would mean remapping a lot of bowls outside of tie-ins. Possibly sending to Vegas to play Boise state, which would open up some different bowl to us.

Jack Lambert
12-02-2016, 02:10 PM
We do know what bowls will be available. I wonder if Cohen has been in contact with N.Texas as to which bowl they are going to chose?

blacklistedbully
12-02-2016, 05:16 PM
We do know what bowls will be available. I wonder if Cohen has been in contact with N.Texas as to which bowl they are going to chose?

Actually, we have to see what happens with S. Bama and ULL. If either of those teams lose, it opens up another bowl. If both lose, it opens up two more bowls.

Quaoarsking
12-03-2016, 04:28 PM
South Alabama wins to get bowl eligible. ULL leading ULM by 21.

Looking like it's just us and North Texas at 5-7. Meaning most likely* one of us gets Armed Forces vs. Navy and one of us gets Las Vegas vs. a MWC team.

* - Remember that ESPN can move teams around and ignore tie-ins if they get everyone to agree. A few people have speculated that they'll send the Sun Belt Champion (Appalachian State) to Las Vegas to have a champion vs. champion game there, and send either us or North Texas to a bowl that has a Sun Belt tie-in.

Tbonewannabe
12-03-2016, 04:33 PM
Remember that ESPN can move teams around in the bowls they own (about half of them) to create more interesting matchups.

The CUSA champion used to go to the Liberty Bowl but one year Southern Miss won CUSA and went to the Hawaii Bowl instead. Then ESPN sent runner up Houston to play in some bowl against Penn State (ignoring tieins) and put Big East team Cincinnati in that Liberty Bowl slot to play Vanderbilt.

Supposedly they're going to find a good bowl to put Western Michigan in if they don't get the Cotton, which would mean remapping a lot of bowls outside of tie-ins. Possibly sending to Vegas to play Boise state, which would open up some different bowl to us.

Fedora chose Hawaii over the Liberty. There was a big uproar over it because it basically gave him a Hawaiian vacation right before dumping them for UNC and player's parents weren't able to see their kids play.

Quaoarsking
12-03-2016, 05:57 PM
UL Lafayette wins.

That means we and North Texas are the only 5-7 teams getting in.

HSVDawg
12-03-2016, 06:10 PM
South Alabama wins to get bowl eligible. ULL leading ULM by 21.

Looking like it's just us and North Texas at 5-7. Meaning most likely* one of us gets Armed Forces vs. Navy and one of us gets Las Vegas vs. a MWC team.

* - Remember that ESPN can move teams around and ignore tie-ins if they get everyone to agree. A few people have speculated that they'll send the Sun Belt Champion (Appalachian State) to Las Vegas to have a champion vs. champion game there, and send either us or North Texas to a bowl that has a Sun Belt tie-in.

Its hard to imagine North Texas not choosing the Armed Forces Bowl if the teams really do get to choose their game. And they get to choose before us. They will definitely tell ESPN to F off if they think otherwise. Las Vegas is a longer travel distance for a team with smaller budget and smaller fanbase than MSU. Combine that with MSU officials seemingly favoring the Vegas Bowl, I think you might be able to etch it in stone at this point.

ILOATHEBears
12-03-2016, 06:29 PM
Its hard to imagine North Texas not choosing the Armed Forces Bowl if the teams really do get to choose their game. And they get to choose before us. They will definitely tell ESPN to F off if they think otherwise. Las Vegas is a longer travel distance for a team with smaller budget and smaller fanbase than MSU. Combine that with MSU officials seemingly favoring the Vegas Bowl, I think you might be able to etch it in stone at this point.

I want a rematch with south Alabama****

lamont
12-03-2016, 06:33 PM
Jerry Jones actually backdooring work trying to get us into the Heart of Dallas game on the 27th...the night after Dakota plays there on the 26th.

civildawg
12-03-2016, 06:35 PM
Jerry Jones actually backdooring work trying to get us into the Heart of Dallas game on the 27th...the night after Dakota plays there on the 26th.

Please let this happen

Quaoarsking
12-03-2016, 06:51 PM

To play Army? Although we'd probably win, not really interested in playing a triple option team.

mstatefan91
12-03-2016, 07:01 PM
We want Bama!!!!!!**************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *****************

Will be interesting to see where we wind up. If Dallas, might make the trip.

Okrastar1
12-03-2016, 07:06 PM
I want Vegas! Make it happen Cohen!

basedog
12-03-2016, 07:24 PM
StarkVegas goes Vegas! Book it Dano!

mcain31
12-03-2016, 07:26 PM

That would be great

Drugdog
12-03-2016, 08:00 PM
Dallas would be my choice

BulldogBear
12-03-2016, 09:18 PM
Dallas would be my choice

Same here. Already planning to go that game, even before it was a possibility for us!

msstate7
12-03-2016, 10:05 PM
If we get the MW champion in Las Vegas, we're gonna go out in style. Fitz and aeris will destroy either of these teams

Commercecomet24
12-03-2016, 10:09 PM
If we get the MW champion in Las Vegas, we're gonna go out in style. Fitz and aeris will destroy either of these teams

Yeah their defenses are not good at all. Our D looks like 85 Bears compared to these 2

CarolinaDawgs
12-03-2016, 11:02 PM
These offenses should be ashamed. The worst play calling on both sides.

Yeah their defenses are not good at all. Our D looks like 85 Bears compared to these 2

ScoobaDawg
12-03-2016, 11:24 PM

I don't believe this. Jerry don't give a damn about MSU fans coming to that game. It's gonna be PACKED whether we are in town or not... The Cowboys are on Fire.

Commercecomet24
12-03-2016, 11:35 PM
These offenses should be ashamed. The worst play calling on both sides.

Agreed.

EngDawg
12-04-2016, 12:53 AM
Someone on the other board saying St. Pete. Saying ESPN reporting, but provided no link.