PDA

View Full Version : Just back from the Hump.........

Liverpooldawg
12-02-2016, 12:42 AM
I'm not going to comment on individuals much, mostly just some general impressions. First of all, this team is going to take some lumps. Right now we don't have much of an inside presence. Till that gets better some teams are going to abuse us in the paint on the defensive end. It's also going to result in us taking way too many threes. It is what it is. When they fall we will beat some people. When they don't we will struggle. We are really raw everywhere except Q really. If he can stay healthy we at least have a shot at most games we play if the 3s fall. The upside is I saw a LOT of potential, both inside and out. There is a lot of talent there. I think the only real missing piece is a true bruiser down low. There are a couple of guys that will eventually be able to sort of fill that roll but getting a real post guy would really help. Even without that this team will get better. They will win a bunch of games before they are done. In the meantime patience will be required. Hang on guys, better days are ahead.

tcdog70
12-02-2016, 09:57 AM
it will easier to hang on with Q playing.I thought Peters and Wright played great. Ready didn't look to good. He got whipped on defense and was loose with the ball. He needs to just make the simple pass when it is there.

KentuckyDawg13
12-02-2016, 10:00 AM
When have we ever had such a strong 1st half performance this time of the year against a tourney team?

With Q back, this team can do some serious damage. They may still be a tourney team after all. We will see how they progress, especially xmas break.

stalkingpoon
12-02-2016, 10:26 AM
From what I saw I was impressed with Peters on defense. With experience he's gonna be tough. He had a drive and dish out for a wide open three that was fantastic. Wright is still my favorite freshman out of the bunch and I'm excited that he seems to be picking it up now.

messageboardsuperhero
12-02-2016, 10:27 AM
When have we ever had such a strong 1st half performance this time of the year against a tourney team?

With Q back, this team can do some serious damage. They may still be a tourney team after all. We will see how they progress, especially xmas break.

This ain't a tournament team and neither was Oregon State last night. They made it last year- but lost by far their best player off that team and were missing their best player last night. I'm excited about this team and thrill for the future, but we are not making the NCAA tournament this year. NIT would be a good season.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-02-2016, 11:12 AM
We played really well but Oregon State is not a tourney team right now. They lost Payton last year and were without Tinkle who was averaging 20 pts a game.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-02-2016, 11:13 AM
We played really well but Oregon State is not a tourney team right now. They lost Payton last year and were without Tinkle who was averaging 20 pts a game.

Sorry messageboardsuperhero I just realized I echoed your post without realizing it. I guess I should read before I post. ha

CadaverDawg
12-02-2016, 11:21 AM
IJ Ready trying to split two defenders with a low dribble when he has guys open on either side of him, really grinds on my nerves. Turns it over every time he does it, when he has a simple pass that could avoid it. He's a ball hog.

Then again, just when you want him to disappear he hits a long jumper with the shot clock running down in a big spot, so you just throw your hands up and take the good with the bad.

Lamar Peters is so freaking quick. When he learns to get a little better control to go with his quickness, he will be lethal. Same for Kegler's attacking...he has a quick first step and I love his desire to attack the basket. Once he gets a little more controlled to where he doesn't travel when he starts to drive, he will be a force. Then knowing once those guys beat their man, they can kick out to a sharp shooter like Carter...wow. The future is so bright.

thf24
12-02-2016, 11:55 AM
IJ Ready trying to split two defenders with a low dribble when he has guys open on either side of him, really grinds on my nerves. Turns it over every time he does it, when he has a simple pass that could avoid it. He's a ball hog.

I think Ready's ball-hogging tendencies are due to him wanting or feeling the need to take over games as the lone senior, when he's just not that guy on this team. He does bring positives to the table and I'm glad we've got his experience in this transitionish year, but we're in for a vast upgrade at the point next year when he moves along and Nick comes in to join Peters.

Liverpooldawg
12-02-2016, 12:07 PM

They might have been a tourney team last year. They aren't this year.

Liverpooldawg
12-02-2016, 12:10 PM
I agree with y'all on Peters. He is gonna be a player, if he can stay awake. ;)