PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys OL

State82
12-01-2016, 10:35 PM
Is playing like crap tonight. They have been horrid.

ShotgunDawg
12-01-2016, 10:37 PM
A penalty on virtually every positive play. Dak is stuck in 1 & 20 or 25 most every time. Brutal

RC3
12-01-2016, 10:41 PM
Yeah I got to give some credit to the blitz scheme. Has had everyone confused and def has the boys on their heels

DancingRabbit
12-01-2016, 10:43 PM
A couple of questionable calls have killed us. The hands to the face that negated an interception was something that probably gets called 1/10 of the times it happens. Hand slipped off the shoulder pad and caught the side of the helmet for a half second.

The clipping penalty that negated a big play was a phantom clip.

ShotgunDawg
12-01-2016, 10:45 PM
A couple of questionable calls have killed us. The hands to the face that negated an interception was something that probably gets called 1/10 of the times it happens. Hand slipped off the shoulder pad and caught the side of the helmet for a half second.

Agree. The game has been tightly called. None of the penalties have been egregious. Just tickie tack

Corn Bread
12-01-2016, 10:46 PM
Yeah I got to give some credit to the blitz scheme. Has had everyone confused and def has the boys on their heels

I usually do not watch pro football, but when I do it is because Dak Prescott is playing. Play football my friends. Also, the announcers just took a dump on Paidwell. Blew the route and reminded he was a number one pick. Where he play college ball bro?

maroonmania
12-01-2016, 10:48 PM
And again the officials kill a Cowboy drive after a first down with a marginal holding call. Looks like the zebras are intent on stopping the winning streak at 10.

Mjoelner34
12-01-2016, 10:50 PM

On the hands to the face penalty, the left side of Minnesota's OL had a double arm bar on a Dallas lineman right in front of Bradford. I was sure that was what was going to be called but nope. They call a slipped hand that grazed a neck for a second.

DudyDawg
12-01-2016, 10:51 PM
And again the officials kill a Cowboy drive after a first down with a marginal holding call. Looks like the zebras are intent on stopping the winning streak at 10.

The one on zeke?? Easy call, 100% a hold

DancingRabbit
12-01-2016, 10:58 PM
The one on zeke?? Easy call, 100% a hold

Yeah, can't argue that one.

maroonmania
12-01-2016, 11:29 PM
Not Dak's best game. Had a chance to ice the game on the 3rd and 1 and they have a fumbled snap.

Cooterpoot
12-01-2016, 11:35 PM
That fumble was on the center. Hit himself in the ass.
Terrible effort and game plan tonight. Looking ahead to Giants and 2 consecutive Thursday games.

DancingRabbit
12-01-2016, 11:37 PM
Not Dak's best game. Had a chance to ice the game on the 3rd and 1 and they have a fumbled snap.

A win is a win is a win.

Got to win some ugly.

klong-dog
12-02-2016, 12:35 AM
Wasn't pretty but Dak still made some big plays. His 4 scrambles were huge at crucial times in the game. 108.3 QB rating, not bad for an off game.

TaleofTwoDogs
12-02-2016, 01:34 AM
The 'Boys definitely left their A game back in Dallas. The more they struggled against the Viking D the more I kept thinking about the many ways State would have loss that game. We State fans carry a lot of baggage about losing on our back.

Dawgface
12-02-2016, 07:51 AM
Agree. The game has been tightly called. None of the penalties have been egregious. Just tickie tack

Agree. Got to call some of them, but let the guys play. That game was hard to watch. At least Dak and company got the win.

I seen it dawg
12-02-2016, 08:59 AM
The officiating crew slowed that game down too much. That will be the best defense they play all year. Vikings are damn stout. Got to play a complete game to beat Dallas though.

SaintDawg
12-02-2016, 09:27 AM
11-1 ain't easy, but a W is a W. That was their 3rd game in 12 days. Now they got a mini-bye to get ready for the Giants. If the Skins or the Bucs lose Sunday, Dallas clinches a playoff berth, and if they beat the G-men, I think they clinch the division.:confused: Or they may have to beat Philly again?

maroonmania
12-02-2016, 10:43 AM
That fumble was on the center. Hit himself in the ass.
Terrible effort and game plan tonight. Looking ahead to Giants and 2 consecutive Thursday games.

True, was just a shame that the Cowboys almost got pushed into OT in a game that they could have easily salted away with a 3rd and 1 conversion. In fact, on the play before I understand protecting yourself with a slide but that was ridiculous that Dak went into a slide before KNOWING he had the first down where a new set of downs locks the game up for you. Could have ended up costing the Cowboys the game. Luckily it didn't.

thf24
12-02-2016, 10:50 AM
True, was just a shame that the Cowboys almost got pushed into OT in a game that they could have easily salted away with a 3rd and 1 conversion. In fact, on the play before I understand protecting yourself with a slide but that was ridiculous that Dak went into a slide before KNOWING he had the first down where a new set of downs locks the game up for you. Could have ended up costing the Cowboys the game. Luckily it didn't.

I feel like the slide was more to ensure that he didn't get pushed out of bounds than to protect himself. Though still a poor decision since a first down would have iced the game regardless of whether or not the clock stopped.

NCDawg
12-02-2016, 11:26 AM
The Cowboys definitely got a break when the ref missed the facemask call on the MN QB when they were going for 2 to tie the game. Not sure they would have made it, but they would have probably been on the 2 or 3 yard line.

maroonmania
12-02-2016, 12:01 PM
The Cowboys definitely got a break when the ref missed the facemask call on the MN QB when they were going for 2 to tie the game. Not sure they would have made it, but they would have probably been on the 2 or 3 yard line.

Well the Viking were moved from the 3 to the 8 on the illegal procedure so I am assuming a hands to the face penalty on the QB would have been half the distance back to the 4 yard line.

DancingRabbit
12-02-2016, 02:31 PM

Earlier in the game Dak got hit in the facemask with no penalty so it all evens out.

https://twitter.com/CowboysNation/status/804545285355667456

trob115
12-02-2016, 05:26 PM

The Vikings left tackle also false started on that play and it wasn't called. Go back and look. He takes a good half second jump back before the ball is snapped.