fader2103
12-01-2016, 06:36 PM
Killed today.

Didn't Croom almost get him?

Spiderman
12-01-2016, 06:45 PM
Killed today.

Didn't Croom almost get him?

Damn... no Coach O at Ole Miss. What happened?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-01-2016, 06:48 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-rb-joe-mcknight-shot-dead-new-orleans-article-1.2895010

Former Jets running back and returner Joe McKnight was reportedly shot and killed in a New Orleans suburb on Thursday afternoon. He was 28.

The shooting, which was reported at 3 p.m., occurred after an argument at an intersection in Terrytown, La., the Jefferson Parish Sherriff?s Office told The Times-Picayune.

A witness told the newspaper she observed one man yelling at another at the intersection. One man, McKnight, was ?trying to apologize," as the man yelling then shot him multiple times.

The shooter then ?stood over? the victim and said ?I told you don?t f--k with me? before firing another shot, according to the witness.

Damn, that cold blooded.

STATEBALLIN
12-01-2016, 07:10 PM
I 17'n HATE New Orleans. That is the nastiest, worst place in the world. I don't understand why people like to go there.

Spiderman
12-01-2016, 07:35 PM
I 17'n HATE New Orleans. That is the nastiest, worst place in the world. I don't understand why people like to go there.

Agree.

If I HAVE to, I drive straight to the Quarter, check in hotel, and try not to leave Bourbon unless with a driver to a restaurant and right back in car to hotel.

Thank God for reciprocal concealed carry laws. Usually have a .380 on the ankle and a .45 on the hip or shoulder holster. Along with a hideaway fixed blade on the other ankle.

They may get me, but I'm gonna have a fighting chance.

lastmajordog
12-01-2016, 07:54 PM

BayouDawg
12-01-2016, 08:11 PM
Yea I remember watching him choose USC over OM. I was at my friends house who is a die hard rebel and he knew for sure he was choosing OM. It was hilarious.

fader2103
12-01-2016, 08:17 PM
Ok sorry guys I just remembered the name in recruiting. I thought it was us. Oh well

JoseBrown
12-01-2016, 08:20 PM
Agree.

If I HAVE to, I drive straight to the Quarter, check in hotel, and try not to leave Bourbon unless with a driver to a restaurant and right back in car to hotel.

Thank God for reciprocal concealed carry laws. Usually have a .380 on the ankle and a .45 on the hip or shoulder holster. Along with a hideaway fixed blade on the other ankle.

Dam Spidey, that's my roll. Nice to meet you...

Mjoelner34
12-01-2016, 08:26 PM

Me too. When I moved to San Diego for a couple of years, every co-worker constantly picked my brain about New Orleans. They all wanted to go there. I told them just to go down to TJ. Same thing just a different language. Just a few days ago saw a San Diego friend on FB having to let everybody out there know they were safe and about to board the cruise ship because a shooting happened not far from their hotel in the French Quarter.

Turfdawg67
12-01-2016, 09:44 PM
Agree.

Geez... nice world we live in.

Spiderman
12-01-2016, 10:22 PM
Geez... nice world we live in.

I encourage you to get the concealed carry permit, even if you are liberal, abhor guns or whatever. That way, if we are at the same place and something happens and I run out of ammo, you can slide me your gun.

PassInterference
12-01-2016, 10:28 PM
Agree.

Illegal in MS to carry in a bar, even with an enhanced permit.

Spiderman
12-01-2016, 10:30 PM
Illegal in MS to carry in a bar, even with an enhanced permit.

Nope, it's not

Concealed carry with “enhanced” permit: Those who undergo eight hours of certified training can receive an endorsement on their concealed carry permit that allows them to carry in most places otherwise restricted. But an enhanced permit holder still cannot carry in:

An area declared a place of nuisance.
A police, sheriff or Highway Patrol station.
A detention facility, prison or jail.
Any place where carrying a firearm is prohibited by federal law (such as a federal courthouse or post office).
A private business or property that properly posts (see below) notice that firearms are banned. An enhanced permit holder could face trespassing charges, but not a violation of concealed carry law.
A courtroom while court is in session.
While one section of state law says an enhanced permit holder can carry on school, community college or university property, another says it’s illegal. An AG’s opinion from 2012 says campus carry is allowed for enhanced permit holders.
State law says someone not attending or working for a school can possess a firearm in their vehicle, but federal law would require a state-issued permit for it. Mississippi's IHL recently adopted a policy expressly permitting enhanced permit holders to carry on campus, subject to some exceptions still being worked out.

BigEasyDawg
12-02-2016, 12:12 AM
Terrible news.

Unfortunately, this city is filled with people who have no regard for life or the well being of anyone else. I love this city and it has some of the best culture and food in the world, but it definitely has some of the most heartless people in the world. If it wasn't for seminary, it would be hard to stay here.

RougeDawg
12-02-2016, 12:31 AM
Ummm... yes this was a tragic event today but not unordinary in today's society.

There are idiots and crazies all over the place. You can't prevent them but you can remove yourself from situations. Never assume anyone is rational in a heated moment and either remove yourself from the situation or seek the safest place.

I live in Nola, Tulane area, close to some sketchy areas. Yes there are some issues, but the police have actually stepped it up these last 6 months. Hiring more officers and more citizens are installing security cameras. All have helped curtail these events in areas that had seen an uptick the last 4 years.

I have a CCL, and routinely have it on me while driving and in the yard. Not because of the city or neighborhood, but because no one can predict or prevent hate/crazy.

This was an outlier event in Nola, as most violent crime pertains around a specific element.none of it makes sense but don't judge an entire city by the acts of one deranged individual.

No one judges this board by its founder.

TaleofTwoDogs
12-02-2016, 12:52 AM
I lived in Metairie for several years during the early 80's and we never felt threatened. Of course, society has changed so much and not for the better and I'm not sure I would move back there today.

HSVDawg
12-02-2016, 08:18 AM
Just crazy that this happens right after an identical incident happened with former Saints DT Will Smith. Think he got shot in the French Quarter though.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-02-2016, 08:51 AM
Nope, it's not

Concealed carry with “enhanced” permit: Those who undergo eight hours of certified training can receive an endorsement on their concealed carry permit that allows them to carry in most places otherwise restricted. But an enhanced permit holder still cannot carry in:

An area declared a place of nuisance.
A police, sheriff or Highway Patrol station.
A detention facility, prison or jail.
Any place where carrying a firearm is prohibited by federal law (such as a federal courthouse or post office).
A private business or property that properly posts (see below) notice that firearms are banned. An enhanced permit holder could face trespassing charges, but not a violation of concealed carry law.
A courtroom while court is in session.
While one section of state law says an enhanced permit holder can carry on school, community college or university property, another says it’s illegal. An AG’s opinion from 2012 says campus carry is allowed for enhanced permit holders.
State law says someone not attending or working for a school can possess a firearm in their vehicle, but federal law would require a state-issued permit for it. Mississippi's IHL recently adopted a policy expressly permitting enhanced permit holders to carry on campus, subject to some exceptions still being worked out.

Good info Spiderman. Thanks.

STATEBALLIN
12-02-2016, 11:57 AM
Ummm... yes this was a tragic event today but not unordinary in today's society.

There are idiots and crazies all over the place. You can't prevent them but you can remove yourself from situations. Never assume anyone is rational in a heated moment and either remove yourself from the situation or seek the safest place.

I live in Nola, Tulane area, close to some sketchy areas. Yes there are some issues, but the police have actually stepped it up these last 6 months. Hiring more officers and more citizens are installing security cameras. All have helped curtail these events in areas that had seen an uptick the last 4 years.

I have a CCL, and routinely have it on me while driving and in the yard. Not because of the city or neighborhood, but because no one can predict or prevent hate/crazy.

This was an outlier event in Nola, as most violent crime pertains around a specific element.none of it makes sense but don't judge an entire city by the acts of one deranged individual.

No one judges this board by its founder.

I didn't judge it based on what happened to Joe McKnight. It was the three other times I have been there and left saying "this is the worst place I've ever been." Just not for me.

Roy Munson
12-02-2016, 01:02 PM
I didn't judge it based on what happened to Joe McKnight. It was the three other times I have been there and left saying "this is the worst place I've ever been." Just not for me.

The shooter has been released. Must be more to this story. The shooter stayed at the crime scene and was released sometime during the middle of the night.

sandwolf
12-02-2016, 01:38 PM
The shooter has been released. Must be more to this story. The shooter stayed at the crime scene and was released sometime during the middle of the night.

Yep......Link (http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2016/12/ronald_gasser_suspect_in_joe_m.html#incart_breakin g)

turkish
12-02-2016, 02:00 PM
Lol. Tons of people judge this site by its founder. I'd say the majority of non-members see it that way.

Thick
12-02-2016, 02:10 PM
Lol. Tons of people judge this site by its founder. I'd say the majority of non-members see it that way.

Who are you responding to?

parabrave
12-02-2016, 03:25 PM
Go to NOLA,COM. It seems the reporter interviewed someone who wasn't at the scene who gave a false statement. The JPSO gave a press conference which basically said that Mcnight got out of his car and was halfway inside the mans car when he was shot. This was backed up by the autopsy and a video.

TimberBeast
12-02-2016, 03:31 PM
Go to NOLA,COM. It seems the reporter interviewed someone who wasn't at the scene who gave a false statement. The JPSO gave a press conference which basically said that Mcnight got out of his car and was halfway inside the mans car when he was shot. This was backed up by the autopsy and a video.

If true, and the "witness" knowingly lied there should be some sort of consequences because the person's life will likely be put in danger simply based on what the false witness said. That or the reporting agency should be held liable. And again I will say, IF TRUE.