PDA

View Full Version : Tim Brewster

vv83
12-01-2016, 12:51 PM
I just noticed he's still the TE coach at FSU. I figured by now he would have moved up to a bigger coaching position.. is he not a viable option to be an OC somewhere? I'd love to somehow get him back here.

Really Clark?
12-01-2016, 12:56 PM
I just noticed he's still the TE coach at FSU. I figured by now he would have moved up to a bigger coaching position.. is he not a viable option to be an OC somewhere? I'd love to somehow get him back here.

He may get anothe HC gig but not really an OC type of coach.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-01-2016, 01:03 PM
He's pretty much Coach O on the offensive side. Everybody wants them on their staff to recruit but don't want them to have any kind of control. I guess he just needs to find his dream job & hope the HC gets fired & sell the AD that you can do it.

DanDority
12-01-2016, 06:10 PM
I'll say this now, after our Gator Bowl loss to NW he came to a meeting in the Jackson area and said that he told Dan that we should be playing Dak, that he was the best player on the team. Needless to say he was not on our staff the next week.

Really Clark?
12-01-2016, 06:37 PM
I'll say this now, after our Gator Bowl loss to NW he came to a meeting in the Jackson area and said that he told Dan that we should be playing Dak, that he was the best player on the team. Needless to say he was not on our staff the next week.

Are you trying to insinuate Dan ran Brewster off? He moved Sallach off the field to keep Brewster after hiring Gonzales on 2/13, just two weeks prior to him leaving on 2/27. We ran him off to FSU? No we wanted to keep him. I will say he left a bunch crap for us to clean up as well. A lot of promises made to recruits that wasn't ever discussed with Dan. And then all these people wanted to run Dan through the ringer for those decommits later and use it against him today.

ScottH
12-01-2016, 07:02 PM
Wasn't he relieved mid season from his Minnesota HC gig?

I recall he only won like a fourth of his games.

Really Clark?
12-01-2016, 07:13 PM
Wasn't he relieved mid season from his Minnesota HC gig?

I recall he only won like a fourth of his games.

Yep. Fired after starting his year 1-6. 15-30 record for his time there.