PDA

View Full Version : OT - Tiger Woods

louisvilledawg
12-01-2016, 10:55 AM
Making the comeback today, hope everything goes well for him health-wise. Golf needs him to be at least a shell of his old self.

What do y'all think he shoots today? I think he will shoot..:cool:.. 69 (ba dum tss)

bgover4
12-01-2016, 11:16 AM
I don't expect Tiger to be too competitive ... I wish he would be, but i don't expect it. He has lost the IT factor. I have always been a huge Tiger fan, wish he would have just never got married.

Hot Rock
12-01-2016, 11:30 AM
Tiger used to make everyone beat themselves. Now, there are lots of people hitting the ball long and he no longer intimidates the best players like he once did but:

That dude had the best combination of length, accuracy with irons, short game around greens and putting as anyone that I have ever seen. One day he dominate with his putter, the next his driver and the next his short game. Best I ever saw at doing it all well.

I still remember that pitching wedge he hit over a full grown oak tree, off the hard pan, 190 yards on the green and then made the putt. He went from being in trouble to gaining another shot. Crazy!

Hot Rock
12-01-2016, 11:32 AM
As far as him not competing... He can if his back holds up. It probably won't.. mine keeps going out no matter what I do. I am a few years older, but I my back probably has less wear. He did carry the entire PGA for a decade on his back.

louisvilledawg
12-01-2016, 11:32 AM
I think his short game is lacking from what i've read/seen the past few weeks. Doesn't have great touch around the greens right now- but that is to be expected. It'll come around.

I have been hearing he's been a lot more consistent with his driver so i'm eager to watch him today at 1230

jumbo
12-01-2016, 11:37 AM
He's obviously never going to return to the Tiger we all knew, but hopefully he can be competitive.