PDA

View Full Version : Oh, boo hoo, OM fans are complaining that the investigation is hurting recruiting...

MedDawg
12-01-2016, 09:43 AM
The threat of NCAA investigation/probation SHOULD have hurt their February 2016 recruiting class, but the coaches and administrators LIED to recruits and the public and were able to con (and pay) several highly rated recruits into signing, resulting in a Top 10 class.

Apparently OM people are lying again to the 2017 recruits, saying that they have already negotiated a minor-to-medium penalty with the NCAA including no bowl bans, but they just can't go public with it yet. OM may yet con (and probably pay) a few good recruits into signing for them in 2017.

starkvegasdawg
12-01-2016, 09:53 AM
Apparently OM people are lying again to the 2017 recruits, saying that they have already negotiated a minor-to-medium penalty with the NCAA including no bowl bans, but they just can't go public with it yet. OM may yet con (and probably pay) a few good recruits into signing for them in 2017.

If they are doing that and the hammer drops, then they will never be able to get anybody other than the son of Neal McCready to come to school there. Not that I am doubting you one bit. It would not surprise me in the least that they are lying to recruits. That has already been proven. They are only out for themselves. But if they dig that hole much deeper you can't stack enough 100's and hookers in the bottom to climb out.

Todd4State
12-01-2016, 09:53 AM
Well their cheating hurt our recruiting so oh well. I hope they burn.

BossDawg
12-01-2016, 09:59 AM
Lulz

They should've thought of that before they got so damn desperate. Hey, UM, you made your bed....

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2016, 10:22 AM
I don't remember any crying when they and their media allies did it to us under JWS. THEY haven't had to contend with the constant media barrage like we did. Our violations weren't even anywhere CLOSE to what they have done.

MadDawg
12-01-2016, 10:40 AM
Well their cheating hurt our recruiting so oh well. I hope they burn.

I'm amazed at how many folks don't get this.

yjnkdawg
12-01-2016, 10:40 AM
Well, if they do sign a few 4* or possibly a 5* from out of state, then that should throw up a lot of red tags. With all the uncertainity about the future of that program, it would have to be $$$$$. The NCAA would have to move their office to Oxford. I just don't think they would do something that stupid, but who knows. "Mistakes" are made. I also don't see that they have any negotiating or bargaining power with the NCAA.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2016, 10:52 AM
Well, if they do sign a few 4* or possibly a 5* from out of state, then that should throw up a lot of red tags. With all the uncertainity about the future of that program, it would have to be $$$$$. The NCAA would have to move their office to Oxford. I just don't think they would do something that stupid, but who knows. "Mistakes" are made. I also don't see that they have any negotiating or bargaining power with the NCAA.

They did it last year.

yjnkdawg
12-01-2016, 11:15 AM
They did it last year.

Yep, I know.

blacklistedbully
12-01-2016, 12:31 PM
If they are doing that and the hammer drops, then they will never be able to get anybody other than the son of Neal McCready to come to school there. Not that I am doubting you one bit. It would not surprise me in the least that they are lying to recruits. That has already been proven. They are only out for themselves. But if they dig that hole much deeper you can't stack enough 100's and hookers in the bottom to climb out.

Dude...are you a stand-up comedian? If not...you missed your calling. I'd damn sure buy a ticket to your show.

blacklistedbully
12-01-2016, 12:41 PM
I'm amazed at how many folks don't get this.

Yet some here continue to argue we should not concern ourselves with UNM...that we should only focus on MSU.

When they cheat, they hurt us. When they win...it hurts us in-state. When they lose...it helps us in-state. When they control the local media..it helps them and hurts us.

It is absolutely true that we stand to benefit from their misfortunes because we compete in the same conference and go after many of the same recruits.

And if that wasn't reason enough...they are arrogant, obnoxious, nasty and deserving of every bad thing that comes their way. Most people do enjoy, "comeuppance". Nothing wrong with celebrating when the bad guy gets busted.

Bubb Rubb
12-01-2016, 12:54 PM
Yet some here continue to argue we should not concern ourselves with UNM...that we should only focus on MSU.

When they cheat, they hurt us. When they win...it hurts us in-state. When they lose...it helps us in-state. When they control the local media..it helps them and hurts us.

It is absolutely true that we stand to benefit from their misfortunes because we compete in the same conference and go after many of the same recruits.

And if that wasn't reason enough...they are arrogant, obnoxious, nasty and deserving of every bad thing that comes their way. Most people do enjoy, "comeuppance". Nothing wrong with celebrating when the bad guy gets busted.

At the same time, it's ok to be defensive when they blame us. The narrative right now is that MSU coached Leo Lewis to try and take down Ole Miss and we are responsible for their misfortune. You would be shocked (or maybe you wouldn't) at how many of the morons in their fanbase believe this drivel. Nevermind that they were already cited with 8 level one violations before gasmask Tunsil ever made an appearance on draft night. Nevermind that immunity was given to multiple players at multiple schools.

Really Clark?
12-01-2016, 01:02 PM
At the same time, it's ok to be defensive when they blame us. The narrative right now is that MSU coached Leo Lewis to try and take down Ole Miss and we are responsible for their misfortune. You would be shocked (or maybe you wouldn't) at how many of the morons in their fanbase believe this drivel. Nevermind that they were already cited with 8 level one violations before gasmask Tunsil ever made an appearance on draft night. Nevermind that immunity was given to multiple players at multiple schools.

And the fact that the melting over Rebel Rags has caused them to try and implicate us in that as well even though it appears this went down before any immunity deals were handed out. Honestly it looks like this sting operation was one of the catalyst to the NCAA giving immunity to players. And if the information is correct, a lot of the immunity players were former commits to UNM at one time.

TUSK
12-01-2016, 01:06 PM
If those cats think the investigation & probation is bad, wait til the 3-4 years post probation. That's the low point.

Bubb Rubb
12-01-2016, 01:09 PM
If those cats think the investigation & probation is bad, wait til the 3-4 years post probation. That's the low point.

Otherwise known to us as the Croom Error.