PDA

View Full Version : Basketball Game Tonight

messageboardsuperhero
12-01-2016, 08:20 AM
Everyone able needs to show up tonight. We have been begging for a good coach, and now he's here. It's time to show the **** up and do our part... The crowd on Monday was pathetic, and after watching the replay, it was even quieter in person than it appeared on TV. If we want Howland to stay here long-term, we have got to support him.

Students, you're already on the damn campus and the game is free. Surely you can take a two hour study break at 8 and go to the game. Our student section is a joke right now. Look at Auburn last year- they weren't any good but the students were there and loud. We cannot win in this sport without our students and crowd as a whole playing their part, and sadly that ain't happening right now.

confucius say
12-01-2016, 08:22 AM
Why are we a 9 point favorite? Q?

msstate7
12-01-2016, 08:27 AM
Why are we a 9 point favorite? Q?

We bad**

I think Oregon st is terrible

louisvilledawg
12-01-2016, 09:14 AM
We bad**

I think Oregon st is terrible

So take the points and go with OSU? got it. cha ching

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2016, 10:33 AM
I'll be there.

MarketingBully
12-01-2016, 11:34 AM
I don't think the crowds have recovered from the Ray Bomb that decimated our attendance to begin with.

MarketingBully
12-01-2016, 11:35 AM
So take the points and go with OSU? got it. cha ching

I know you're joking (at least I hope you are) but why do MSU fans bet against our own team. Seems like the biggest asshole thing a fan can do.

fishwater99
12-01-2016, 11:36 AM
Can someone go and wake up Lamar Peters this afternoon?

Irondawg
12-01-2016, 11:42 AM
All I ask is that we play hard and that's been really spotty for a large part of the year, especially on defense. We half-ass it out there way too much for my liking.

louisvilledawg
12-01-2016, 11:50 AM
I know you're joking (at least I hope you are) but why do MSU fans bet against our own team. Seems like the biggest asshole thing a fan can do.

Completely joking. However, I'll never call someone an asshole for betting against their team (I think it's rather prudent.)

Example:

In 2014 egg bowl we were favored by 7 points. Don't remember exactly, but think the ML was TSUN +200 ish. I put $100 on TSUN to win the game. Was I expecting us to win? yes. Was I confident on how CDM was going to call the game? Absolutely not.

I had already spent money on the trip to Oxford so if I lost another 100 to watch us curb stomp TSUN at their place, so be it.

End of game comes and we lose - wasted a whole saturday to watch us be tight with play calling and bad tackling.

However, not all was lost. That $100 i bet turned into a net $200 win and that basically covered all my expenses minus ticket price for the weekend.

If i'm going to pay money to travel and watch us lose, i might as well be paid on the back end.

It's a win-win if you ask me.

msstate7
12-01-2016, 12:12 PM
I don't think the crowds have recovered from the Ray Bomb that decimated our attendance to begin with.

Rick ray is 4-1 right now with only loss by 2 points. Hasn't played anyone, but hoping he can keep it up

msujan
12-01-2016, 12:16 PM

Depends on the product on the floor and the quality of the opponent. I disagree that it hasn't recovered, and I'm at every game.

maroonmania
12-01-2016, 01:10 PM
I think people are just beat down with bad basketball teams. We had a great recruiting class but so far this team isn't looking very good at all. We've either barely won or lost playing a very weak schedule so far. Definitely not looking like a KY group of true freshman. If I lived closer to Starkville I would be there but just trying to speak to why the crowds have been poor so far.