PDA

View Full Version : Spirit Board

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-01-2016, 01:17 AM
in total meltdown tonight. Something must have leaked that they didn't want to get out. Even saw a post or two saying Rosie was more accurate on information than what they were getting from there. You know that's got to get under Chuck's craw. But deep down he's knows it's the truth due to his involvement with trying to cover up everything he can.

CadaverDawg
12-01-2016, 01:33 AM
Interesting. Link?

Schultzy
12-01-2016, 04:08 AM
Let's investigate a T-shirt over $80,000.... by Rebel84Yesterday at 9:50 PM - 6 replies⚫
Supposedly they threw in a cap also by UM002Yesterday at 9:52 PM⚫
Re: Supposedly they threw in a cap also by johnholmes93Yesterday at 10:56 PM⚫
Re: Let's investigate a T-shirt over $80,000.... by cb1029Yesterday at 10:05 PM⚫
I believe Chuck has heard the tape! by umclass77Yesterday at 10:59 PM⚫
So, you don't trust Chuck...why are you here? Save yourself $99 by rabrebYesterday at 10:59 PM⚫
Re: Chuck told me he has heard the by mdnrebelYesterday at 11:10 PM⚫

Leroy Jenkins
12-01-2016, 04:51 AM
Edit because I don't really care.

RocketDawg
12-01-2016, 06:45 AM
Why be cryptic about it and just give clues as to what's happening? Just go ahead and summarize instead of trying to make it a puzzle.

Schultzy
12-01-2016, 07:51 AM
I don't have access to read the threads on that board but could read the titles of posts only.

lefty96
12-01-2016, 08:20 AM
There's another thread about the university knowing what was going on. I don't have a subscription either but they do seem a tad riled up.

RocketDawg
12-01-2016, 08:47 AM
OK Schultzy and Lefty ... that explains it. Thanks.

Ari Gold
12-01-2016, 09:14 AM
Rebel Rags Free Shopping Sprees.. Gotta love the square..

BeardoMSU
12-01-2016, 09:17 AM
Rebel Rags Free Shopping Sprees.. Gotta love the square..

Oh joy. Right in time for Christmas.

God bless us, everyone!***

Really Clark?
12-01-2016, 09:24 AM
This is what it was all about. Mentioned briefly over here last night and removed

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_WxfjWnuEno

maroonmania
12-01-2016, 09:31 AM
Just looking at Freeze during the Egg Bowl should confirm to any Black Bear or Bulldog that UNM is going to get hammered by the NCAA and that he will likely get a show cause. Freeze looked like he had aged about 20 years and hadn't slept in 6 months.

ElitedawgRecruiting
12-01-2016, 09:38 AM
So these morons really think the NCAA went black ops on them and that idiot that gets on MS98 and the Ole Miss admins knew about it and snuffed it out. Please. They should be mad at all of their "insiders" cause none of them will tell the truth. This is Pony Express bad. And David still hasn't figured it out. Come on bro. You supposed to be the smart one

Really Clark?
12-01-2016, 09:43 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JtyByefOvgQ

Turfdawg67
12-01-2016, 10:16 AM
I'm totally confused by this thread.

Dolphus Raymond
12-01-2016, 10:28 AM
NAFOOM sure picked a bad time to go dark.

PonderThis1
12-01-2016, 10:29 AM
I am confused as well. Someone spell it out for us.

From what I gather, Rebel Rags had a sting operation led by the NCAA and that they have been giving away free merchandise for years. That about right?

lefty96
12-01-2016, 10:34 AM
NAFOOM sure picked a bad time to go dark.

Or the perfect time.

Really Clark?
12-01-2016, 10:34 AM
The spirit melted last night because they are turning on themselves about Rebel Rags being hit by the NCAA investigation for improper benefits and recruiting violations. Many insiders are saying the university helped and cooperated with the NCAA in getting the goods on Rags. Of course if true, the university has absolutely no choice but help or it is an automatic Level 1 aggravated violation for uncooperation. Rags is one of their big sponsors as well. Cannon Motors like. Hosts Rebel Yell or something. Their owner has a big mouth and they will or have started with it came from a MSU player. It came elsewhere first is my understanding (possible a recruit and a UNM transfer). So no it DID NOT originate with us douches. It's been a known distribution point for a long time.

lefty96
12-01-2016, 10:35 AM

From what I gather, Rebel Rags had a sting operation led by the NCAA and that they have been giving away free merchandise for years. That about right?

The subject lines on Spirit seem to indicate something bad broke on the OM investigation, but no one here has access so we are all guessing what might be up.

turkish
12-01-2016, 10:36 AM
On the other board, it was mentioned that the uproar was that the school allegedly supported the sting.

Really Clark?
12-01-2016, 10:40 AM

I don't know what they busted them with exactly but merchandise is the tip of the iceberg. Recruits had a "circuit" they would make the rounds on their trips for multiple things. This was one of the stops but could also be a one stop shop as well.

lamont
12-01-2016, 10:40 AM
The school did the sting- not the NCAA. The NCAA already has numerous recruits saying they received things from there

ElitedawgRecruiting
12-01-2016, 10:42 AM
Clark pretty much nailed it. There was a twitter exchange a few nights ago that started all this and pretty much started them turning on each other. The ole Rags guy is a good ole Rebel and they don't want him or the radio dude in trouble. But some of those guys will be disassociated in order to save face. Wonder what will happen when they realize one of their media inadvertently started this whole thing? Well that's not a conversation for a public board. Too many "real Bulldogs" reading this. Haha

Really Clark?
12-01-2016, 10:43 AM
On the other board, it was mentioned that the uproar was that the school allegedly supported the sting.

Not just supported, but involved. But the school would have absolutely no choice but help if approached by the NCAA. That is an automatic Level 1 aggravated violation for not helping. Even if the NCAA didn't find a violation with Rebel Rags, if the university refused to help they are in major violation.

Turfdawg67
12-01-2016, 10:43 AM
Time for Devious to break this down...

BeardoMSU
12-01-2016, 10:46 AM
I'm surprised this isn't a bigger deal here, if all this is true....Y'all not drink your coffee this morning?

ElitedawgRecruiting
Not just supported, but involved. But the school would have absolutely no choice but help if approached by the NCAA. That is an automatic Level 1 aggravated violation for not helping. Even if the NCAA didn't find a violation with Rebel Rags, if the university refused to help they are in major violation.
Bingo. That's why they are so mad. University had to turn on the idiot in order to make this work.

TrapGame
Good, I hope they eat each other like starving hyenas.

**** those guys!

PonderThis1
12-01-2016, 10:47 AM

So, basically the NCAA said "we want to do a sting. Help us." and TSUN had to bend over and do what they were told? That is hilarious. This keeps getting better and better. Some of this stuff is too good to be true. Can't wait for the next NOA.

Dolphus Raymond
12-01-2016, 10:48 AM
This just keeps getting better and better. The ending looks to be epic.

ElitedawgRecruiting
12-01-2016, 10:48 AM
On the bright side, Shea has a bright future. Wonder if he will cry for three more years? I for one haven't seen a three and done qb. I see a less talented Johnny Manziel.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2016, 10:50 AM
It sounds like the NCAA is rolling up the whole thing. If true......WOW.

ShotgunDawg
12-01-2016, 10:51 AM
http://i.imgur.com/6djIX1Q.jpg

ShotgunDawg
12-01-2016, 10:53 AM
Ole Missus fans better hunker down, because this investigation may never end & that's fine with. Let them put together another 2 or 3 60+ ranked recruiting classes before sanctions come down.

ElitedawgRecruiting
12-01-2016, 10:57 AM
Gonna say this too and I hope they read this. Signing a certain 5 star running back might sound good but it's gonna be the final nail. So go ahead. Make the NCAA day

starkvegasdawg
12-01-2016, 10:59 AM
This is a good thing.

gtowndawg
12-01-2016, 11:01 AM
Their screwed.

turkish
12-01-2016, 11:01 AM
The school did the sting- not the NCAA. The NCAA already has numerous recruits saying they received things from there
Why would the school do a sting? And why would the NCAA want a sting done, if they'd already been told the goods?

KB21
12-01-2016, 11:05 AM
Anyone else get the feeling that when the NCAA releases everything that the stuff OM has done will make the folks at SMU blush?

AlSwearengen
12-01-2016, 11:05 AM
Gonna say this too and I hope they read this. Signing a certain 5 star running back might sound good but it's gonna be the final nail. So go ahead. Make the NCAA day

Is this the juco player that olemiss is in a bidding war over that people were eluding too a few days ago?

PonderThis1
12-01-2016, 11:11 AM
Why would the school do a sting? And why would the NCAA want a sting done, if they'd already been told the goods?

The more evidence, the better. In a case, it is normally better to have someone caught in the act as opposed to someone saying that the act happened.

John Farley
12-01-2016, 11:11 AM
So wait they recruiting wasn't on the up and up. Color me shocked. (Cell phones have cameras now)

Really Clark?
12-01-2016, 11:12 AM

You know as deluded as several of their forward Rebel taco Tuhouy boosters are, I really thought at some point they would pull back the reigns to limit exposure and possible sanctions. They honestly think they are untouchable and the NCAA wont hit them with much. They have not pulled back from their normal operations as much as the recruits are not nearly as receptive because of the NCAA talking to players. The word is out but they are still trying to conduct business

Really Clark?
12-01-2016, 11:15 AM

Told and seeing the operations with members of the university staff (LOIC) are two different things. Also at some point, compliance and the presidents office have to decided what's best for the school not boosters and the athletic department. This was cooperation but lead by legal and compliance.

Jack Lambert
12-01-2016, 11:23 AM
Good, I hope they eat each other like starving hyenas.

**** those guys!

I wished in the process someone would eat that fat ass, cheese burger eating, kellenbooger.

Turfdawg67
12-01-2016, 11:25 AM
This is getting good...

https://i.imgur.com/QajmoZM.jpg

thf24
12-01-2016, 11:26 AM
Could cooperation by the university be for the purpose of lessening their penalties, or was this the university going over the heads of the athletic department just to stop further bleeding?

starkvegasdawg
12-01-2016, 11:31 AM
NCAA about to do this to the rebbearsharks.

http://i.imgur.com/tubOQM0.png

parabrave
12-01-2016, 11:33 AM
Hmmmm somewhere Larry Gillard is loving this.

Op4isabitch
12-01-2016, 11:33 AM
I find it hard to believe, you know Mr Warren is a fine upstanding Black Bear. Surely he wouldn't cheat in order to beat his chest about winning football games. ******

Bully13
12-01-2016, 11:43 AM
Have yall noticed nafoom has been down a few days now?

Dolphus Raymond
12-01-2016, 11:53 AM
The titles at OM spirit are interesting. Vitter, Todd Wade, "OM is run like a mom and pop business " etc. something must be about to break.

BHildreth3
12-01-2016, 12:07 PM
Be prepared for Cam Akers to sign with the Rebs - even with all of the probation stuff.

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-01-2016, 12:10 PM
And they wonder why the NCAA won't wrap this thing up....hell, every time the NCAA turns around they find something new. Poor things are just so misunderstood.

preachermatt83
12-01-2016, 12:11 PM
Be prepared for Cam Akers to sign with the Rebs - even with all of the probation stuff.

Yup

Jack Lambert
12-01-2016, 12:17 PM

All that matters is we are not getting him but I think he is going out of state.

Bubb Rubb
12-01-2016, 12:27 PM
One thing to keep in mind in all of this -

remember when chuck and yancey told us that the investigation was over until draft night happened?

Well, the takeway from the stuff on the spirit to me is that the NCAA was investigating rebel rags in March. This was after the letter they received, and before the draft. So, more proof of yancey and chuck spinning/covering up to their own folks, being blind mouthpieces for bjork, or at the very least not being a credible source of info.

StatesboroBlues
12-01-2016, 12:33 PM
One thing to keep in mind in all of this -

remember when chuck and yancey told us that the investigation was over until draft night happened?

Well, the takeway from the stuff on the spirit to me is that the NCAA was investigating rebel rags in March. This was after the letter they received, and before the draft. So, more proof of yancey and chuck spinning/covering up to their own folks, being blind mouthpieces for bjork, or at the very least not being a credible source of info.

This is what I can not wait to see...the amended NOA dates. Any date before the draft and after the last on the original NOA will be great.

CadaverDawg
12-01-2016, 12:41 PM
So how are they still getting Akers? Is he and his family too dumb to realize that they can take all the money and run with the excuse of the NCAA sanctions looming? Why risk ruining your future over temporary money, housing, etc? I mean does he not see what Treadwell & Nkemdiche are doing in the league? And those guys didn't rely on a shitty OL blocking for them to get them to the league. He is risking millions over a few hundred K. So dumb

turkish
12-01-2016, 12:52 PM
It's a good point. This latest deal, big or small, proves that the NCAA has been actively working this SINCE the first NOA.

blacklistedbully
12-01-2016, 12:54 PM
So how are they still getting Akers? Is he and his family too dumb to realize that they can take all the money and run with the excuse of the NCAA sanctions looming? Why risk ruining your future over temporary money, housing, etc? I mean does he not see what Treadwell & Nkemdiche are doing in the league? And those guys didn't rely on a shitty OL blocking for them to get them to the league. He is risking millions over a few hundred K. So dumb

Maybe because UNM has the alum who can and do make assurances to certain key recruits that...no matter what happens in their child's career, they will not have to worry about their financial future. Several of their boosters have money to burn, and care a great deal more about UNM winning in football than they do about ethics. Hello....lawyers! While I'm sure there are many ethical attorneys who are good people, there is no doubt that many of the most successful have been those who have been more than willing to suspend ethics to get wealthy.

On top of that...they can easily convince themselves it's not really unethical because, "everybody does it". On that note...I do believe they are probably right if and when they say the best, maybe only realistic way to become a consistent powerhouse is to buy your way in until your success is consistent and lengthy enough where you no longer have to buy your recruits.

It's a risky strategy that can expose your program to exactly what they are experiencing. But it's so UNM for them to think they're too smart to get caught, or "too big to fail". It's their arrogance and delusion that made them think they could get away with such blatant cheating.

ShotgunDawg
12-01-2016, 12:58 PM

I agree with Cadaver. Would be absurd if he chose OM.

However, the track record of players making awful college decision typically carries over to other parts of their life.

I'll go ahead and say that, if he chooses OM, the odds go up significantly that he'll be a bust. It won't be because of a lack of development at OM, it will be from a lack of mature decision making about doing what's best for his football career. Kids that don't make "football" decisions typically suffer for it.

msstate7
12-01-2016, 12:58 PM

He won't give us the time of day... frick em

Bubb Rubb
12-01-2016, 01:03 PM

He's a good one and you can't have too many, but it's not like we need him anyway. He wouldn't see the field his first two years here.**

bulldog2488
12-01-2016, 01:04 PM
I agree with Cadaver. Would be absurd if he chose OM.

However, the track record of players making awful college decision typically carries over to other parts of their life.

I'll go ahead and say that, if he chooses OM, the odds go up significantly that he'll be a bust. It won't be because of a lack of development at OM, it will be from a lack of mature decision making about doing what's best for his football career. Kids that don't make "football" decisions typically suffer for it.

No offense, but I know Akers personally, and he is a really good kid. I hope he doesn't go to OM either, but it doesn't mean he won't be successful playing football or in his life.

CadaverDawg
12-01-2016, 01:08 PM

Oh I know we aren't getting him...I'm just wondering why he's considering career suicide, when he could walk away now with a bunch of OM money and still get a similar "package" at a better school that isn't about to get demolished by NCAA sanctions. His family should be ashamed of themselves if they let him make the decision to go to OM. I can understand an 18 year old seeing immediate green and wanting it...but Momma & Daddy have to be smarter. Oh well...it's his career and all accounts are that he's a good kid...so best of luck.

msstate7
12-01-2016, 01:08 PM
No offense, but I know Akers personally, and he is a really good kid. I hope he doesn't go to OM either, but it doesn't mean he won't be successful playing football or in his life.

Sure it doesn't mean he won't be successful in the NFL, but it could... ask #1 wr in the country in '13 (treadwell) and #1 overall recruit in '13 (nkemdiche).

msstate7
12-01-2016, 01:09 PM
Oh I know we aren't getting him...I'm just wondering why he's considering career suicide, when he could walk away now with a bunch of OM money and still get a similar "package" at a better school that isn't about to get demolished by NCAA sanctions. His family should be ashamed of themselves if they let him make the decision to go to OM. I can understand an 18 year old seeing immediate green and wanting it...but Momma & Daddy have to be smarter. Oh well...it's his career

You ever heard the expression... sell your soul for a tootsie roll?

CadaverDawg
12-01-2016, 01:10 PM
Sure it doesn't mean he won't be successful in the NFL, but it could... ask #1 wr in the country in '13 (treadwell) and #1 overall recruit in '13 (nkemdiche).

Exactly

Really Clark?
12-01-2016, 01:15 PM

Even better are the in state examples that "played the game" and went to UNM and were complete busts and never finished there or never lived up close to their ability. CJ was probably the best of all of those in recent years and he was never living up to the hype before his injuries.

msstate7
12-01-2016, 01:16 PM
Exactly

And just think RN and LT were pretty much as good as they got their first year... just developed physically more. Akers is learning a new position in college, so he'll need actual development

bulldog2488
12-01-2016, 01:17 PM

Good points. At let me clarify...I think he'd be making a mistake by going to OM as well considering what we've seen the last few years with their inability to develop their top recruits. I just know he is a really good kid with a good head on his shoulders. If he goes to OM, I don't think it would be because of "his" decision. I was just trying to defend him as a person thats all. But I agree with y'alls points.

turkish
12-01-2016, 01:25 PM
You ever heard the expression... sell your soul for a tootsie roll?
Or... you are the company you keep.

Really Clark?
12-01-2016, 01:26 PM
Good points. At let me clarify...I think he'd be making a mistake by going to OM as well considering what we've seen the last few years with their inability to develop their top recruits. I just know he is a really good kid with a good head on his shoulders. If he goes to OM, I don't think it would be because of "his" decision. I was just trying to defend him as a person thats all. But I agree with y'alls points.

And honestly it's not always the kid but rather a parent or "uncle" or coach that does a lot of the negotiating for a signature.

ShotgunDawg
12-01-2016, 01:27 PM

I don't know. He may be a good kid, but I always question kids that make decisions that are counter to their best interest in football. I question if football is the most important thing to them.

msstate7
12-01-2016, 01:30 PM
And honestly it's not always the kid but rather a parent or "uncle" or coach that does a lot of the negotiating for a signature.

Sometimes you gotta pull an Alex Collins and make your own path

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2016, 01:30 PM
Maybe because UNM has the alum who can and do make assurances to certain key recruits that...no matter what happens in their child's career, they will not have to worry about their financial future. Several of their boosters have money to burn, and care a great deal more about UNM winning in football than they do about ethics. Hello....lawyers! While I'm sure there are many ethical attorneys who are good people, there is no doubt that many of the most successful have been those who have been more than willing to suspend ethics to get wealthy.

On top of that...they can easily convince themselves it's not really unethical because, "everybody does it". On that note...I do believe they are probably right if and when they say the best, maybe only realistic way to become a consistent powerhouse is to buy your way in until your success is consistent and lengthy enough where you no longer have to buy your recruits.

It's a risky strategy that can expose your program to exactly what they are experiencing. But it's so UNM for them to think they're too smart to get caught, or "too big to fail". It's their arrogance and delusion that made them think they could get away with such blatant cheating.

Buying recruits isn't illegal. Bribing judges is. This post is spot on.

bulldog2488
12-01-2016, 01:37 PM
I don't know. He may be a good kid, but I always question kids that make decisions that are counter to their best interest in football. I question if football is the most important thing to them.

I agree with you Shotgun. I'll say this too that goes along with your point, knowing him like I do, I'm going to be pretty disappointed if he decides to go to OM. Not because I'm a State fan, but because I don't think he will get developed there like he would at State, LSU or even Ohio State. And because of the NCAA stuff at OM.

Turfdawg67

Hmmm.... Maybe I'm thinking we could build some sort of #Network around that premise. ***

bulldog2488

Yep. That applies to this situation I'm afraid.

thf24
12-01-2016, 01:44 PM
No better way to do it I suppose, but it's really unfortunate that a LOI from a signee under 18 needs a parent or guardian's signature. It's very telling that OM is regularly involved in incidents regarding discrepancies related to said signature.

Bass Chaser
12-01-2016, 03:28 PM
No better way to do it I suppose, but it's really unfortunate that a LOI from a signee under 18 needs a parent or guardian's signature. It's very telling that OM is regularly involved in incidents regarding discrepancies related to said signature.

If you watched Last Chance U, DJ Law (?) was the player that sent 2 different LOIs one to OM the other to a school out west. I think he ended up at UAB though.

blacklistedbully
12-01-2016, 03:46 PM
6,830 views and counting. Think there's some Reb lurkers in here? :D

yjnkdawg
12-01-2016, 04:03 PM
I think once all is known, by the flock on the reality of the investigation. and not smoke screens, the Yancys, Chucks, etc. better find a good hiding place.

Pollodawg
12-01-2016, 04:12 PM
I think once all is known, by the flock on the reality of the investigation. and not smoke screens, the Yancys, Chucks, etc. better find a good hiding place.

It won't matter to the die hard cadre just like it wouldn't matter to the die hard State fans. The average OM fan on the street knows next to nothing about the football investigation and just wears OM apparel because of its connection with all things Old South. It's a badge of "Southerness" to be an OM fan to a lot of people in the South.

The average MSU fan knew virtually zero about our NCAA troubles with JWS, and those pale in comparison to the storm about to sink the bears' boat. They still love JWS, and I do too. The casual OM fan will still love OM. Those plugged in and invested enough in OM athletics are just as bad as the people pulling off the cheating, and they won't care either. This is why their media can feed the sheep the way they do. Half of the fans don't care, and the other half are proud of what they've done.

Ahhhhh. Ole Miss, when you realize your "flagship" is nothing more than a tiny, toy boat, a ship in a bottle. It may be pretty to look at, but it's also useless.