PDA

View Full Version : Here is Another Reason Dak Is Doing So Well

Spiderman
11-30-2016, 08:30 PM
QB'ing the Cowboys... he wasn't so big a ***** he had to transfer out because he was scared, impatient, etc to sit behind an underclassman starter.

msstate7
11-30-2016, 09:06 PM
Dak was a RS soph when Tyler was a senior, so not quite the same.

Spiderman
11-30-2016, 09:23 PM
Dak was a RS soph when Tyler was a senior, so not quite the same.

Dak figured to sit 2 years. He wasn't a *****

missouridawg
11-30-2016, 09:40 PM
Dak figured to sit 2 years. He wasn't a *****

First of all, Dak didn't sit two years. He sat 1.

Second, Dak, in his RSSo year was given the goal line packages.

Third, at the end of his RSSo year, he was the unquestioned starter for the next season.

Tiano was going to be looking at sitting 3 years and was not given any reps this year, as the backup reps were given to DWilliams. I would transfer too, if I was Tiano. A college player only gets 4-5 years to play. I wouldn't spend 4 of those years praying for the guy in front of me to get hurt.

blacklistedbully
11-30-2016, 09:41 PM
Way off on this one Spidey. Tiano would probably ride-the-bench another 2 years behind Fitz unless Fitz collapses or gets injured. And if KT does come to State, KT will have had those years behind Fitz as well, making it highly possible Tiano would ever be the starter. Even if he stayed to beat our KT, Tiano would have just one year.

The kid seems like he could be a fantastic QB if given the opportunity. Had he got the chance over Fitz, he may well have been "the man" himself.

He's got to look out for himself and his future. If he has a great shot at being the starter someplace else for 2-4 years...he should go for it. That beats the hell out of a chance to be a starter for 1 year.

Spiderman
11-30-2016, 09:43 PM
First of all, Dak didn't sit two years. He sat 1.

Second, Dak, in his RSSo year was given the goal line packages.

Third, at the end of his RSSo year, he was the unquestioned starter for the next season.

Tiano was going to be looking at sitting 3 years and was not given any reps this year, as the backup reps were given to DWilliams. I would transfer too, if I was Tiano. A college player only gets 4-5 years to play. I wouldn't spend 4 of those years praying for the guy in front of me to get hurt.

Whatever, there was no guarantee he would see the field for 3 yrs. Tyler having injuries helped Dak get in games. Tyler started, when healthy, in front of Dak. And Dak was no puss who quit

Homedawg
11-30-2016, 09:44 PM
Way off on this one Spidey. Tiano would probably ride-the-bench another 3 years behind Fitz unless Fitz collapses or gets injured. And if KT does come to State, KT will have had those years behind Fitz as well, making it unlikely Tiano would ever be the starter. Even if he stayed to beat our KT, Tiano would have just one year.

The kid seems like he could be a fantastic QB if given the opportunity. Had he got the chance over Fitz, he may well have been "the man" himself.

He's got to look out for himself and his future. If he has a great shot at being the starter someplace else for 2-4 years...he should go for it. That beats the hell out of a chance to be a starter for 1 year.

Well he can't be the starter for 4 he's only 3 and that's at a lower level school. He's already used his redshirt so a transfer will leave him w 2 years left.

Turfdawg67
11-30-2016, 09:45 PM
Agree to all of the above except the OP... no offense Spider

Spiderman
11-30-2016, 09:46 PM
Way off on this one Spidey. Tiano would probably ride-the-bench another 3 years behind Fitz unless Fitz collapses or gets injured. And if KT does come to State, KT will have had those years behind Fitz as well, making it unlikely Tiano would ever be the starter. Even if he stayed to beat our KT, Tiano would have just one year.

He's a puss and I'm glad we found out now instead of in the 4th quarter in a game.

Bye, I'm glad you won't be our QB. Let's hope this non-signed freshman will be willing to sit a couple of years himself

Barking 13
11-30-2016, 10:00 PM
Tiano to FL

deltadawg99
11-30-2016, 10:20 PM
Dak would have sat for 2 full years if Russell didn't get hurt against Oklahoma State in Week 1. People forget how big of a deal and how much hype Russell had.

I wish Tiano would have stayed, but QBs want to play and he would have sat on the bench for 2 more years. Very few guys are going to wait until their redshirt senior year to be the starting QB.

DancingRabbit
11-30-2016, 11:08 PM
I have to admit, my initial reaction was kinda similar to Spidey's. Now I realize mine is largely an emotional reflex with no knowledge of what's going on inside the locker room, or what's going on inside Tiano's head. But when I heard the news I was equally disappointed/pissed.

Ohio State won the national championship 2 years ago with their 3rd string QB.

I guess Tiano can transfer to UT Chattanooga and not lose any eligibility. If not for Dan Mullen, very possible no one has ever heard of Nick Tiano, except hardcore Moccasin fans.

louisvilledawg
12-01-2016, 09:21 AM
I have to admit, my initial reaction was kinda similar to Spidey's. Now I realize mine is largely an emotional reflex with no knowledge of what's going on inside the locker room, or what's going on inside Tiano's head. But when I heard the news I was equally disappointed/pissed.

Ohio State won the national championship 2 years ago with their 3rd string QB.

I guess Tiano can transfer to UT Chattanooga and not lose any eligibility. If not for Dan Mullen, very possible no one has ever heard of Nick Tiano, except hardcore Moccasin fans.

From what i've read, The U offered him out of high school. Maybe he could go there.

maroonmania
12-01-2016, 09:35 AM
The sad part is that there is almost as good of a chance that Fitz gets hurt running the ball and he gets a chance to start games here as there is that he will go to any other Power 5 conference school and win the job. Now maybe he is going to transfer down in division but if he goes anywhere else in FBS he is going to lose a year of eligibility since he's already redshirted.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-01-2016, 09:50 AM
Look like he's going to transfer down & not lose any time.

blacklistedbully
12-01-2016, 01:36 PM
The sad part is that there is almost as good of a chance that Fitz gets hurt running the ball and he gets a chance to start games here as there is that he will go to any other Power 5 conference school and win the job. Now maybe he is going to transfer down in division but if he goes anywhere else in FBS he is going to lose a year of eligibility since he's already redshirted.

If he stays, he will lose another 2 years. No way Dan is going to "open up the competition again". Fitz is the man now, and Dan is going to stick with him unless and until Fitz screws up big-time or regresses in his development.

I'd be willing to bet Dan laid it on the line for Tiano, and was honest about his chances going forward. If half of what we've read and heard about Tiano is true, he is quite likely "starter material". Tiano did come in and sit 2 years. He didn't decide to leave until it became obvious he was not likely to even get a shot until his RS senior year.

I personally think he probably did the math, and decided that the minimum to stay would be at least a significant chance to earn the starter role for 2 years. He probably talked it over with Dan and was told, due to Fitz performance this year, it would take a Fitz meltdown to get him that chance.

BB30
12-01-2016, 04:34 PM
Understandable why everyone is upset, but bitching on a message board about a 19-20 year old kids decision(when no one knows what actually happened) benefits nobody. It will all work out, and if it doesn't I assure you the world is not ending. Power of positive thinking**

Pollodawg
12-01-2016, 04:42 PM
Stupid thread is stupid. Tiano did what was best for him. I wish him all of the best. With Keyaton coming in and behind Fitz, he would likely have never seen the field fulltime here.

FISHDAWG
12-01-2016, 05:18 PM
Stupid thread is stupid. Tiano did what was best for him. I wish him all of the best. With Keyaton coming in and behind Fitz, he would likely have never seen the field fulltime here.

totally agree ... Spider, you're a pretty good poster but I think you let your emotions speak this time instead of your usually thoughtful self

Spiderman
12-01-2016, 05:51 PM
totally agree ... Spider, you're a pretty good poster but I think you let your emotions speak this time instead of your usually thoughtful self

Call Mullen and see how happy he is. I coached.. depth is everything. This hurts State's football team bad. Not emotion, facts.

The main fact being , if he's such a puss he can't stay and fight, I'm glad he's gone. He's a quitter who thinks he can't get it done. Screw what's best for him, I'm a State fan, it's not what's best for us.