PDA

View Full Version : Considering our Bowl Situations should be be pulling for Temple over Navy?

Jack Lambert
11-30-2016, 01:59 PM
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18171618/navy-midshipmen-win-aac-title-game-paralyze-bowl-system

Todd4State
11-30-2016, 02:01 PM
If we don't want to play Navy I would guess the best thing to do would be to pull for Navy and pull for Ohio to beat Western Michigan which could vault Navy into the New Year's six.

BrunswickDawg
11-30-2016, 02:02 PM
If we don't want to play Navy I would guess the best thing to do would be to pull for Navy and pull for Ohio to beat Western Michigan which could vault Navy into the New Year's six.

That would be awesome. I would love for Navy - or any of the service academies - to make a NY6.

Jack Lambert
11-30-2016, 02:09 PM

I was thinking more on the time line between now and the bowl game. I think we need to know this Sunday and not the following Sunday.

Todd4State
11-30-2016, 02:14 PM
Well I think the selections are made this weekend. They're just waiting on everything to clear up with the championship games and a couple of games like ULL/ULM to see who is actually eligible or not.

BrunswickDawg
11-30-2016, 02:27 PM
Well I think the selections are made this weekend. They're just waiting on everything to clear up with the championship games and a couple of games like ULL/ULM to see who is actually eligible or not.

They are, but a Navy win and a Western Michigan loss puts things on hold until after the Army/Navy game. Could paralyze the whole selection system
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18171618/navy-midshipmen-win-aac-title-game-paralyze-bowl-system

maroonmania
11-30-2016, 02:41 PM
I certainly could see Navy beating Temple but I just can't see Ohio beating Western Michigan. But anything can happen, that's why they play the game.