PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like Q is Coming Back Soon

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2016, 11:40 AM
Word is that he got 2nd opinions & was told he didn't need to have surgery immediately & could wait till after the season.

He'll probably be limited, but this is a huge break for the basketball team. Just to get his leadership & instincts back on the floor is ginormous.

HoopsDawg
11-30-2016, 11:42 AM
As long as playing doesn't make the injury worse then I think it's fine. He can have the surgery in April and be back 100% by October.

msstate7
11-30-2016, 11:49 AM
Wonder if he will able to drive left with that hand

HoopsDawg
11-30-2016, 11:59 AM

Good question, that could be a problem.

lamont
11-30-2016, 12:05 PM
No excuse in the Columbus group not being able to read a damn MRI

CadaverDawg
11-30-2016, 12:10 PM
Could he have gotten a med redshirt if he stayed out? I'd rather have him the next 3 years and let these rooks learn through the bumps and bruises.

KentuckyDawg13
11-30-2016, 12:20 PM
Could he have gotten a med redshirt if he stayed out? I'd rather have him the next 3 years and let these rooks learn through the bumps and bruises.

He won't be here for 3 more years. If he was 100% this season, there would have been a chance he could have gone pro albeit slight chance. Most likely, next season will be his last @ MSU.

HoopsDawg
11-30-2016, 12:21 PM
He won't be here for 3 more years. If he was 100% this season, there would have been a chance he could have gone pro albeit slight chance. Most likely, next season will be his last @ MSU.

I think he plays 2 seasons with this brother, but we will see.

msstate7
11-30-2016, 12:24 PM
I think he plays 2 seasons with this brother, but we will see.

If he stays till his senior year, we'll be freaking loaded

Ari Gold
11-30-2016, 12:28 PM

He won't be here that long. NBA scout at the Charleston Classic said he was NBA ready sooner than later.

Ari Gold
11-30-2016, 12:29 PM

Agree.. Maybe our athletic needs a second opinion on The Columbus group...

Dawg61
11-30-2016, 12:39 PM

Hope he doesn't develop bad shooting mechanics that are hard to get rid of

Ari Gold
11-30-2016, 12:44 PM
Guys... This kid is a future pro.. Howland wouldn't jeopardize his future if there was any chance this injury would get worse or effect his future.
He won't be 100% but a whatever he can give us is better than nothing..

Bothrops
11-30-2016, 12:48 PM
This is great news, I suppose. Hopefully he can play.

msstate7
11-30-2016, 12:53 PM
This is great news, I suppose. Hopefully he can play.

Of course it's great news. Q played hurt (freshly hurt) vs utep and even though he didn't play particularly well, we were a far superior team than we've been without Q

HoopsDawg
11-30-2016, 12:55 PM
Of course it's great news. Q played hurt (freshly hurt) vs utep and even though he didn't play particularly well, we were a far superior team than we've been without Q

Yeah, and they focused a big part of their D on him. The guy guarding him played Zero Help D and didn't even watch the ball, he just fronted Q and tried to deny him the ball. It really opened things up for Peters and others. I know Carter and Holman really hope he is back.

chef dixon
11-30-2016, 01:02 PM
Agree.. Maybe our athletic needs a second opinion on The Columbus group...

You better hope the second opinion group aren't the ones that can't read an MRI

MarketingBully
11-30-2016, 01:04 PM
I don't think he tore it because I was hearing it wasn't as bad as what they iniatially thought. I don't think he needed surgery. Howland errs on the side of caution more then just playing him to win a few more games.

MarketingBully
11-30-2016, 01:06 PM
You better hope the second opinion group aren't the ones that can't read an MRI

Actually, it could have been that swelling got in the way of being able to read the initial MRI. The second MRI was probably done before the surgery to see where to repair it and with the swelling going down the initial MRI was a false positive. Not a medical doctor but just going by how docs might of misread it.

Liverpooldawg
11-30-2016, 02:19 PM

You are aware that others read those aren't you? Everybody could exactly agree on what is there and still disagree on what to do. Medicine is an art as well as a science.

Intramural All-American
11-30-2016, 04:11 PM

You literally have no clue what you are talking about on this one. I'll just leave it at that.

drunkernhelldawg
11-30-2016, 04:34 PM
You are aware that others read those aren't you? Everybody could exactly agree on what is there and still disagree on what to do. Medicine is an art as well as a science.

like auto mechanics

KentuckyDawg13
12-01-2016, 01:21 PM
https://twitter.com/IAM_QUINN4/status/804383769230790656

KentuckyDawg13
12-01-2016, 01:23 PM
Ben is begging for fan support...plus there are pancakes for students!

https://twitter.com/Ben_Howland?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp %7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

CadaverDawg
12-01-2016, 01:29 PM
Lamar playing tonight. Says "I'm here right now waiting", haha. Good attitude to have after his mistakes.

KentuckyDawg13
12-01-2016, 01:51 PM
Good to hear.

I expect we are going to see some lights coming on for a lot of our players these next couple of weeks. It's been ugly, but we have some very solid players. If we can get a decent crowd, these young guys will show us what they can do. We have seen glimpses, but I expect Mario, Eli, and Lamar all are about to step it up.

lamont
12-01-2016, 01:59 PM
You literally have no clue what you are talking about on this one. I'll just leave it at that.

I've sold orthopedics for a major company here in the Southeast and I know of reputations that certain groups have. I know what the reputation of the Columbus group is compared to others. And I'll just leave it at that

msstate7
12-01-2016, 02:01 PM
Good to hear.

I expect we are going to see some lights coming on for a lot of our players these next couple of weeks. It's been ugly, but we have some very solid players. If we can get a decent crowd, these young guys will show us what they can do. We have seen glimpses, but I expect Mario, Eli, and Lamar all are about to step it up.

Loved wright's game Monday. His outside stroke... not so much

Intramural All-American
12-01-2016, 02:06 PM
I've sold orthopedics for a major company here in the Southeast and I know of reputations that certain groups have. I know what the reputation of the Columbus group is compared to others. And I'll just leave it at that

And I know a whole lot more about this situation than you do, and as I said before, you literally have no clue what you are talking about on this one. But keep on throwing crap at the wall hoping it sticks.

BayouDawg
12-01-2016, 02:08 PM
Students really need to get there butts to the games. I was at state from 11-14 and I was at every home game that I could possibly attend. Basketball is my favorite sport and I know not everybody loves it, but still what else you gonna do? Get your butts to the Hump for Hoops!

HoopsDawg
12-01-2016, 02:16 PM
Students really need to get there butts to the games. I was at state from 11-14 and I was at every home game that I could possibly attend. Basketball is my favorite sport and I know not everybody loves it, but still what else you gonna do? Get your butts to the Hump for Hoops!

Need to improve the experience. Students need to be back at mid-court. Need to play music from at least the past 2 years that students like. Need a PA in the same ballpark as Flick, etc.

BayouDawg
12-01-2016, 02:21 PM
Need to improve the experience. Students need to be back at mid-court. Need to play music from at least the past 2 years that students like. Need a PA in the same ballpark as Flick, etc.

100% agree with all of this. I don't know why our athletic department launched an attack on our basketball atmosphere.

starkvegasdawg
12-01-2016, 02:34 PM
100% agree with all of this. I don't know why our athletic department launched an attack on our basketball atmosphere.

You mean other than hiring Rick Ray?

lamont
12-01-2016, 02:45 PM
And I know a whole lot more about this situation than you do, and as I said before, you literally have no clue what you are talking about on this one. But keep on throwing crap at the wall hoping it sticks.

You can be Rusty Linton for all I care. I didn't claim inside knowledge of his injury or anything. Him getting a 2nd opinion was reported.

Intramural All-American
12-01-2016, 02:56 PM
You can be Rusty Linton for all I care. I didn't claim inside knowledge of his injury or anything. Him getting a 2nd opinion was reported.

People get second opinions all the time. Doesn't mean the first opinion is incompetent.

BayouDawg
12-01-2016, 08:24 PM

Even before that. My first year at state they renamed the student section The Dawgpoud and I think that was the first year they moved the student section. It's like they've been trying to ruin basketball.

smootness
12-01-2016, 08:36 PM

Doubt this is just not reading an MRI correctly, but ok.

lamont
12-01-2016, 08:39 PM
People get second opinions all the time. Doesn't mean the first opinion is incompetent.

Let's look at the facts:

His 1st opinion was with the Linton group in Columbus. It was then repoted he was out for the season

Its then reported he got a 2nd opinion outside of the Columbus group.

Now he is playing tonight.

I'll just let everyone else draw their own conclusion

iPat09
12-01-2016, 08:47 PM

This. Also, don't play the same playlist at every single sporting event on campus.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2016, 08:52 PM

Again, others read the scans.

smootness
12-01-2016, 08:53 PM
Let's look at the facts:

His 1st opinion was with the Linton group in Columbus. It was then repoted he was out for the season

There was a difference of opinion over whether he should have surgery immediately or not. That doesn't mean someone couldn't team an MRI. Good grief.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2016, 08:58 PM
Pitiful crowd, no surprise there.

lamont
12-01-2016, 09:37 PM
Again, others read the scans.

I'm well aware of PA's, Residents, Fellows, etc...but nobody announces he is out for the season except the Orthopedist

a 2nd Orthopod decided he could play and it wasnt season ending. And he's playing

I'm just pointing out facts...there's a reason the Columbus group has their reputation

benbow
12-01-2016, 09:40 PM
Q is back alright. 16 so far in the first half.

Intramural All-American
12-01-2016, 09:41 PM
Let's look at the facts:

I'll just leave it at the fact that it definitely was not just the second opinion that said hold off on surgery. Many, many more than 2 people read his MRI, and the vast majority said he needed surgery now. Again, you have no clue what you are talking about, you are simply drawing conclusions.

Either way, I'm glad he is playing well, and I hope this is a decision that doesn't come back to bite us. Q is our star for sure.

RocketDawg
12-01-2016, 09:50 PM
I'm well aware of PA's, Residents, Fellows, etc...but nobody announces he is out for the season except the Orthopedist

a 2nd Orthopod decided he could play and it wasnt season ending. And he's playing

I'm just pointing out facts...there's a reason the Columbus group has their reputation

Is that the same Columbus Orthopedic group that's advertised on the video board at football games?

MarketingBully
12-02-2016, 07:28 AM

I'll take UCLA Health over the Columbus opinion any day of the week. Howland reached out to both UCLA and Pitt's Medical Centers for second opinions. Both of those schools have very prestigious AMC's that I would take their word over Columbus. Just saying. How great is it that Coach Howland has those contacts.