PDA

View Full Version : Selection process for 5-7 teams

confucius say
11-29-2016, 10:29 PM
Is it true the 5-7 teams get to pick where they want to go as opposed to the bowl selecting the team? Heard this today and not sure.

msstate7
11-29-2016, 10:30 PM
Good. Choose New Orleans

confucius say
11-29-2016, 10:35 PM
I was told the teams pick in order of their apr, which would mean we have second pick I think

MafiaDawg
11-29-2016, 10:55 PM
Wonder where north Texas prefers? They choose before us right?

Todd4State
11-29-2016, 11:58 PM
It is done in order of APR so North Texas picks first over us. But I'm pretty sure there is some behind the scenes negotiating and lobbying with the bowls. It's pretty obvious to me that we're trying to work with the Las Vegas Bowl. I think we end up there unless maybe the New Orleans Bowl comes open by virtue of ULL losing and I say that not knowing how MSU officials feel about going to the NOLA Bowl. So, it may very well still be the Las Vegas Bowl anyway.

We're the most desirable of the eligible 5-7 teams at this point which could change if Texas becomes eligible. I'm wondering if some of these bowls are going to be willing to negotiate the payout with us to makes themselves more attractive- which is a big reason why we seem to be lobbying for the Las Vegas Bowl if I had to guess.

blacklistedbully
11-30-2016, 01:03 AM
I posted about this a few days ago when I told everyone we were getting a bowl and ahead of Texas due to APR tie-breaker. Yes, the NCAA info I read said the schools get to choose from available bowls in order of APR rank. North Texas first...then us...then Texas, if they manage to get in due to another upset loss.

Interestingly, North Texas is just 36 miles from Fort Worth...site of the AF Bowl. Would make it much easier for their fans to go, and one would think the bowl would sell more tickets. Of course, it may be to too close for those looking for a fun road trip.

blacklistedbully
11-30-2016, 01:27 AM
I'm only guessing here...but I suspect the only way we'd get the NO Bowl is both S. Bama and ULL lose their last game, and N. Texas doesn't choose it.

NO Bowl is a C-USA vs Sunbelt bowl. USM is a given. If ULL wins they go to NO. If ULL loses and S.Bama wins..I'm guessing S. Bama gets NO Bowl, leaving the Cure Bowl in Orlando vs. UCF.

No inside info...just looking at the fact ULL is ahead of S. Bama in the Sunbelt, so figuring if ULL drops to 5-7, and S.Bama moves to 6-6..S.Bama will take ULL's spot in the pecking order for Sunbelt bowls.