CJDAWG85
11-29-2016, 10:01 PM
Just hit twitter

CarolinaDawgs
11-29-2016, 10:05 PM
Dan Mullen becomes front runner for job*

CJDAWG85
11-29-2016, 10:24 PM
Saw reports that McElwain was interested in it.

Beaver
11-29-2016, 10:44 PM
If I were an AD I'd gladly take Helfrich as an O-Coordinator and Charlie Strong as a D-Coordinator. Just need a head coach...

Spiderman
11-29-2016, 10:47 PM
If I were an AD I'd gladly take Helfrich as an O-Coordinator and Charlie Strong as a D-Coordinator. Just need a head coach...

Coach O on line one

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2016, 11:07 PM

Helfrich could be interesting option for LSU DC if Kiffin doesn't go

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2016, 11:13 PM
The media keeps talking about what a great job Oregon is, but I don't see it that way. I realize they've won in the past due to Nike money, but I think the uniform advantages & Nike appeal has kind of run it's course.

Honestly, I see a school in a state with little local talent, medium size fan base, & unrealistic expectations. Throw in the fact that Washington & USC are on major upswings & you are getting no better than 2nd choice of players in your historical recruiting areas.

I see Oregon as a similar type job as Nebraska. Just not sure what the appeal is.

Barking 13
11-30-2016, 12:00 AM
Jox round table says Mack to Oregon, Mullen to FL... I laughed....

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2016, 12:13 AM
Jox round table says Mack to Oregon, Mullen to FL... I laughed....

I just can't imagine Mack actually doing that. He's in an easy ass division, can recruit at a high level. has won two straight division championships, & doesn't even have an average QB yet. I think he'd be ridiculous to leave Florida under the current circumstances

Schultzy
11-30-2016, 03:34 AM
Even Nike money slows in recruiting after a Chip Kelly show cause. They don't want repeat offender status and I think we are seeing that same affect occurring up the road.

ScottH
11-30-2016, 04:30 AM
From the UO beat writers...

Kiffen, McElwain, Fleck, Frost, Harsin, Holgerson, Kelly, Gary Patterson, Lincoln Riley, Beau Baldwin (Easter Wash), Schiano (really?)

Three articles ..... no Dano.

I seen it dawg
11-30-2016, 07:04 AM
Get ready for a less than enthusiastic hiring there.

BB30
11-30-2016, 09:33 AM
From the UO beat writers...

Kiffen, McElwain, Fleck, Frost, Harsin, Holgerson, Kelly, Gary Patterson, Lincoln Riley, Beau Baldwin (Easter Wash), Schiano (really?)

Three articles ..... no Dano.

5-7 changes things. No doubt Mullen may have looked around a little bit the last couple of years but I think that was somewhat blown out of proportion. If you have good years at a usually average school your name will get thrown into a lot of articles etc. Once you return the the mean it does not seem to happen as much. Weird how that works.

Ari Gold
11-30-2016, 09:48 AM
The longer this job stays open more signs point towards a Kelly return..

dawgs
11-30-2016, 11:04 AM
The longer this job stays open more signs point towards a Kelly return..

Yep, I've been telling friends out here for weeks that when helfrich is fired, if it's quiet during December, it'll be because they are waiting for the end of the NFL season. Not many coaches pull a petrino and quit with a few weeks left.

starkvegasdawg
11-30-2016, 11:25 AM
The media keeps talking about what a great job Oregon is, but I don't see it that way. I realize they've won in the past due to Nike money, but I think the uniform advantages & Nike appeal has kind of run it's course.

Honestly, I see a school in a state with little local talent, medium size fan base, & unrealistic expectations. Throw in the fact that Washington & USC are on major upswings & you are getting no better than 2nd choice of players in your historical recruiting areas.

I see Oregon as a similar type job as Nebraska. Just not sure what the appeal is.

Have you seen their women?

fishwater99
11-30-2016, 02:35 PM
His buyout with assistants was over $15 million..

dawgs
11-30-2016, 05:11 PM
Have you seen their women?

Cali transplants have their benefits. Along with driving up the value of my house.

dawgs
11-30-2016, 05:13 PM
His buyout with assistants was over $15 million..

That's nothing to uncle Phil who is 78 and looking to win a natty before he dies. He's worth $24B. Probably found that $15M in his couch cushions.