PDA

View Full Version : Schlabach - MSU vs Navy (AF Bowl)...McMurphy - SDSU vs MSU (Las Vegas Bowl)....

CadaverDawg
11-29-2016, 08:23 PM
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18149792/college-football-bowl-projections-2016-season-championship-week

Where do you want to play and why?

CadaverDawg
11-29-2016, 08:28 PM
For me, I want the Las Vegas Bowl for several reasons...

1. I don't like our chances versus Navy
2. Las Vegas seems more winnable, and I want us to ride momentum into the off season.
3. Cool Vegas trip
4. Could test our D vs Pumphrey (all time NCAA leading rusher, or a shootout vs Wyoming, or a 10-2 team vs Boise.
5. We could get the advantage of a bowl, while still giving our coaches tons of recruiting time afterwards since the LV bowl is one of the first.
6. Wouldn't be as rusty since it would be sooner.

BulldogBear
11-29-2016, 08:28 PM
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18149792/college-football-bowl-projections-2016-season-championship-week

Where do you want to play and why?

First off, I still hope we end up somehow in the Indy or Heart of Dallas. I've seen at least one projection each but don't recall where. The reason is my son is getting his first leave from the Army since he left in late June. He didn't go to a college football game all season and it's killing him. So, for Christmas we're making a little college football road trip to hit the Indy Bowl at 4pm on 12/26, then the HoD Bowl at 11am the next day. If one of those landed MSU, I just have no words for how well that will have worked out.

Of the other two....any one that doesn't have Navy!!

msstate7
11-29-2016, 08:30 PM
First off, I still hope we end up somehow in the Indy or Heart of Dallas. I've seen at least one projection each but don't recall where. The reason is my son is getting his first leave from the Army since he left in late June. He didn't go to a college football game all season and it's killing him. So, for Christmas we're making a little college football road trip to hit the Indy Bowl at 4pm on 12/26, then the HoD Bowl at 11am the next day. If one of those landed MSU, I just have no words for how well that will have worked out.

Of the other two....any one that doesn't have Navy!!

Who would we face in Indy?

civildawg
11-29-2016, 08:32 PM
I really hope we get the heart of Dallas bowl somehow. It's after Christmas and we also would get to go see a cowboys game

Dawgface
11-29-2016, 08:33 PM
Vegas. More fun for fans and a winnable game.

parabrave
11-29-2016, 10:05 PM
If the AF Bowl is in Ft Worth, remember the weather in the metroplex always sucks this time of year. The weather isn't that bad in Vegas.
Remember the last time we played an option team from one of the academies? That little number 22 from Air Force is still running free.
Last point like another poster said the vegas bowl is earlier, less downtime and more time recruiting.

Quaoarsking
11-29-2016, 10:22 PM
If the AF Bowl is in Ft Worth, remember the weather in the metroplex always sucks this time of year. The weather isn't that bad in Vegas.
Remember the last time we played an option team from one of the academies? That little number 22 from Air Force is still running free.
Last point like another poster said the vegas bowl is earlier, less downtime and more time recruiting.

Not to mention the 3 times Paul Johnson's Georgia Tech teams have beaten us in the last decade. I really don't want that bowl. (Though obviously I'd take it over no bowl.)

We need ULL or USA to lose Saturday to get Texas in the bowl mix, because I bet the Armed Forces Bowl would fight hard to get Texas in that game over us if it's possible.

blacklistedbully
11-30-2016, 12:54 AM
Not to mention the 3 times Paul Johnson's Georgia Tech teams have beaten us in the last decade. I really don't want that bowl. (Though obviously I'd take it over no bowl.)

We need ULL or USA to lose Saturday to get Texas in the bowl mix, because I bet the Armed Forces Bowl would fight hard to get Texas in that game over us if it's possible.

I believe the way it works for APR-qualifying teams is...they get to pick which of the available bowls they want to go to, and in order of APR. North Texas is the first qualifier, so they'd get to choose first. Would North Texas choose the AF Bowl over Vegas? Would be easier for their fans to go to the game, as it's just 36 miles away from their campus.

Of course, their kids would probably rather go to Vegas.

BulldogBear
11-30-2016, 01:36 AM
Who would we face in Indy?

IIRC, the projection had Weak Forest. It's an SEC-ACC tie in.

Reason2succeed
11-30-2016, 04:24 AM
For the record it looks like they updated the article last night and Schlabach changed his pick.

Zaxby's Heart of Dallas Bowl

Cotton Bowl Stadium, Dallas
Noon Dec. 27 (ESPN)

Schlabach: Louisiana Tech vs. Mississippi State

Mutt the Hoople
11-30-2016, 07:46 AM
For the record it looks like they updated the article last night and Schlabach changed his pick.

Zaxby's Heart of Dallas Bowl

Cotton Bowl Stadium, Dallas
Noon Dec. 27 (ESPN)

Schlabach: Louisiana Tech vs. Mississippi State
I like that one. close to home, will be back from Mississippi, may even talk my wife into letting me go to the Cowboys game as well.

stumpjumper
11-30-2016, 07:55 AM
Definately Vegas, better trip and we usually don't do well against option teams

PMDawg
11-30-2016, 08:24 AM
thread hijack - I think the SEC as a whole is gonna get embarrassed this bowl season. Bama should win it all, we could beat SDSU or LaTech, but I expect a pretty bad record overall.

fader2103
11-30-2016, 08:55 AM
Do you think the Heart of Dallas bowl will be fighting for State just because of the Dak factor?

Jack Lambert
11-30-2016, 09:06 AM
I believe the way it works for APR-qualifying teams is...they get to pick which of the available bowls they want to go to, and in order of APR. North Texas is the first qualifier, so they'd get to choose first. Would North Texas choose the AF Bowl over Vegas? Would be easier for their fans to go to the game, as it's just 36 miles away from their campus.

Of course, their kids would probably rather go to Vegas.

The pay out is less but I think it would be cheaper for the school.

BulldogBear
11-30-2016, 11:15 AM
Do you think the Heart of Dallas bowl will be fighting for State just because of the Dak factor?

Possibly. Idk if they have any connection to Cowboys but hadn't thought about that as a factor. Are they (Cowboys) playing a home game Sunday or Monday prior?

maroonmania
11-30-2016, 11:18 AM
The pay out is less but I think it would be cheaper for the school.

If North Texas takes the Armed Services bowl they probably wouldn't even have to put the team up in a hotel. I think its only like 35 miles from the North Texas campus. However, Navy just put up 75 points on a 5-7 SMU team. I would expect something similar or worse against North Texas.

AusTexDawg
11-30-2016, 06:49 PM
Personally, I'd prefer to play one of the DFW bowls because that's a good day trip for me; however, Las Vegas would be a good reward for the team and something different (assuming everyone on the team could stay out of trouble while there). As mentioned elsewhere, I'm just glad the team will get the extra practices.

drunkernhelldawg
11-30-2016, 07:06 PM
I'd rather play in the one that's later on the calendar so I can enjoy the anticipation longer. I so pumped I get to see us play again. The football gods gave us a little smile.

Turfdawg67
11-30-2016, 07:07 PM
Vegas baby! For the shirt AND the return trip to Vegas. Guess my teen boys can find something to do while me and the wifey hit the craps table!