PDA

View Full Version : Coaching Staff

fader2103
11-29-2016, 07:56 PM
What if any coaching changes do you wanna see? If you do,who would be a reasonable replacement?
Mine
Sallach replaced by former GA Reed Stringer. I heard he is a relentless recruiter.

I'm on the fence with Brian Baker and Hev.

I seen it dawg
11-29-2016, 09:01 PM
Nothing happening for awhile. And even then nothing major. No need to get twisted about it.

preachermatt83
11-29-2016, 09:03 PM
Sallach replaced by Brad Peterson

lastmajordog
11-29-2016, 09:53 PM
I don’t want to be repeating, but I can’t say enough great things about Brad and his High School impressive high school influence.... as I said before I would have paid good money for my kid to have been able to play for Brad as opposed to the multiple championship winning coach he came on the coat tails of. Don’t know how he will do at the college level but man he was incredible on the High School level. Motivation, scheme, organization.....he was hands down above the other coach that had multiple chanpionsips...

preachermatt83
11-29-2016, 10:34 PM
I don’t want to be repeating, but I can’t say enough great things about Brad and his High School impressive high school influence.... as I said before I would have paid good money for my kid to have been able to play for Brad as opposed to the multiple championship winning coach he came on the coat tails of. Don’t know how he will do at the college level but man he was incredible on the High School level. Motivation, scheme, organization.....he was hands down above the other coach that had multiple chanpionsips...

Amen!

Harrydawg
11-29-2016, 10:34 PM
Reed Stringer's name came up today at lunch with some fellow dawgs.....where is he now and what is he doing?

KB21
11-29-2016, 11:38 PM
Louisiana Lafayette with Mark Hudspeth.

Cary Hudson's little bro
11-30-2016, 09:10 AM
Peterson is where he will be. HS relations is his wheelhouse. Hevesey is gonna be named "Associate Head Coach" or some title like that and we're going to hire a new OL coach.

Virgil Caine
11-30-2016, 09:17 AM
Has anyone heard rumblings about Hevesy one way or the other? The board sure has moderated on him after the recent performances.

BB30
11-30-2016, 09:28 AM
Has anyone heard rumblings about Hevesy one way or the other? The board sure has moderated on him after the recent performances.

I have found that interesting. Our OL did perform much better the last several games. It will be interesting to see if anything happens and if our OL continue to improve going into next year. They seemingly got better as we entered some of our tougher games.

thf24
11-30-2016, 09:38 AM
What if Hev isn't the primary problem in regards to OL recruiting? It's been said before that the personality and mentality of good OL coaches doesn't lend itself well to recruiting, so we can't be the only ones whose OL coach is a recruiting liability. Maybe the real problem is that we haven't figured out how to minimize our position coach's role in recruiting OL as well as other schools.

1bigdawg
11-30-2016, 10:14 AM
Are we going to be satisfied that an O Line with 3 senior "comes around" or "gels" around mid-season. Good coaching gets guys ready to play the first game, not the last few. This is particularly true when there are 3 seniors and the other starters have had at least two springs. It is not like we are plugging in a true freshman.

Some offensive line coaches are great recruiters, even if that is the exception. There is no reason to keep a liability.

Really Clark?
11-30-2016, 10:23 AM
Peterson is where he will be. HS relations is his wheelhouse. Hevesey is gonna be named "Associate Head Coach" or some title like that and we're going to hire a new OL coach.

Sallach moving off the field? I've heard your scenario with Hev TE coach and also Peterson taking TE's with Hev staying at OL. I think things are still a little in the air still

the59dawg
11-30-2016, 11:49 AM
I have found that interesting. Our OL did perform much better the last several games. It will be interesting to see if anything happens and if our OL continue to improve going into next year. They seemingly got better as we entered some of our tougher games.

Jenkins. Nuff said.

Cary Hudson's little bro
11-30-2016, 12:57 PM
Sallach moving off the field? I've heard your scenario with Hev TE coach and also Peterson taking TE's with Hev staying at OL. I think things are still a little in the air still

Sallach will still be at TE's - we don't need turnover there right now. players too young. Next year, do it.
Hev will not be demoted - Mullen won't do it. He'll move him into another phantom title before making a demotion.
Peterson needs to be the guy that feeds the recruiters the info on these recruits. He needs to be on the phone with HS coaches everyday, not coaching TE's or any position.

Why is everyone so eager to promote Brad Peterson?

Really Clark?
11-30-2016, 01:13 PM
Sallach will still be at TE's - we don't need turnover there right now. players too young. Next year, do it.
Hev will not be demoted - Mullen won't do it. He'll move him into another phantom title before making a demotion.
Peterson needs to be the guy that feeds the recruiters the info on these recruits. He needs to be on the phone with HS coaches everyday, not coaching TE's or any position.

Why is everyone so eager to promote Brad Peterson?

Somebody will have to go though if we bring in an OL coach unless Hev is not an on the field position which means a demotion

Todd4State
11-30-2016, 02:11 PM
Somebody will have to go though if we bring in an OL coach unless Hev is not an on the field position which means a demotion

There have been rumors that the NCAA is going to add a coaching position for everyone. Not sure if that's true and I don't think it has passed even if it does come true.

fader2103
11-30-2016, 02:18 PM
First I heard of that rumor. It would be awesome, I figure most would make a ST coach or just assign a AHC