PDA

View Full Version : Hearing Miles and Bryles are atop Houston's list for new HC..

RougeDawg
11-29-2016, 06:42 PM
Would miles have to pay back buyout money?

RocketDawg
11-29-2016, 06:46 PM
As I understand it, yes, he would have to give back the same amount that Houston pays him. In other words, he's working for free ... it's just that LSU has more money in their coffers, and Houston has less.

TUSK
11-29-2016, 06:59 PM
Kiffin to LSU HC?????

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2016, 07:02 PM
Art Briles is not hireable

The legal ramifications that could come into play if one of his players harmed another human being on campus could devastate a university

DogsofAnarchy
11-29-2016, 07:48 PM
What a crock of shit !!! Art Briles isnt responsible for those players crimes and only a short sited play dough roller would think he is. There is only so much a coach can do. That guy hasn't been charged with a damn crime. Every heard of due damn process? Every case is an individual case, we don't behead our neighbors for the sins of his relatives. Or are you ready to start following damn sharia Law? Cast some more damn stones from your shabby glass house!!

Art Briles is not hireable

The legal ramifications that could come into play if one of his players harmed another human being on campus could devastate a university

Really Clark?
11-29-2016, 07:58 PM
What a crock of shit !!! Art Briles isnt responsible for those players crimes and only a short sited play dough roller would think he is. There is only so much a coach can do. That guy hasn't been charged with a damn crime. Every heard of due damn process? Every case is an individual case, we don't behead our neighbors for the sins of his relatives. Or are you ready to start following damn sharia Law? Cast some more damn stones from your shabby glass house!!

You need to read up on the case before writing about something you have no knowledge of. Baylor just recently made public he covered up at least one sexual assault in 2012 (gang rape with multiple players) that he had direct knowledge of and never reported. Not to mention all the civil suits he is in the middle of right now that still have not been litigated that could implicate him criminally beyond what is already known.

lamont
11-29-2016, 08:04 PM
Briles is not being hired at Houston...and highly unlikely Miles will be.

Les Miles is not going to work for free. He will makes the millions he was supposed to if he is hired. His salary with whomever hires him tho is deducted from his buyout. Kiffin, Mullen, Applewhite, and Riley (Oklahoma's OC) have been mentioned as Houston's top choices- no idea if Mullen or Kiffin would take it.

Les Miles agent is working his ass off trying to get Les hired. Problem is that Miles and his stale offense is a hard sell. His agent constructed that media article that Miles is working with OC's to explore different offenses. That was just fluff to make him more marketable.

Lots of posturing going on right now

DogsofAnarchy
11-29-2016, 08:19 PM
In America you are innocent until proven guilty. And Art Briles hasn't been proven guilty of a damn thing. So when you see the disposition of the phantom cases you are talking about then you let me know. Until then he is a DAMN football coach who is taking the shaft for something someone else may or may not have done. Oh by the way, how is a damn GANG RAPE just Sexual assault? Are you sure that's what Baylor released to the public?

You need to read up on the case before writing about something you have no knowledge of. Baylor just recently made public he covered up at least one sexual assault in 2012 (gang rape with multiple players) that he had direct knowledge of and never reported. Not to mention all the civil suits he is in the middle of right now that still have not been litigated that could implicate him criminally beyond what is already known.

DogsofAnarchy
11-29-2016, 08:20 PM
I agree RP 100%. I think Miles may have to take a step down from the AAC even.

Really Clark?
11-29-2016, 08:39 PM
In America you are innocent until proven guilty. And Art Briles hasn't been proven guilty of a damn thing. So when you see the disposition of the phantom cases you are talking about then you let me know. Until then he is a DAMN football coach who is taking the shaft for something someone else may or may not have done. Oh by the way, how is a damn GANG RAPE just Sexual assault? Are you sure that's what Baylor released to the public?

Are you an idiot? What phantom cases? He and Baylor both are in the middle of lawsuits. Google it. And yes the assault involved 5 players. That is a gang. And he is NOT entitled to coach with allegations of this nature are still being litigated. Especially facing Title IX repercussions as well.

I seen it dawg
11-29-2016, 09:03 PM

That escalated quickly

I seen it dawg
11-29-2016, 09:04 PM
And Briles ain't getting hired. There's more shit in the bag that neither party want out.

turkish
11-29-2016, 09:05 PM
No one said he should be held legally responsible without due process -- just that he shouldn't be hired with this over his head. No company in America hires an employee for more than custodial duties knowing that about them, especially not for a position working with teenagers.

Dawg61
11-29-2016, 09:13 PM
Kiffin, Mullen, Applewhite, and Riley (Oklahoma's OC) have been mentioned as Houston's top choices- no idea if Mullen or Kiffin would take it.

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/179/files/2011/03/Dumb-and-Dumber-Scooter.png

Really Clark?
11-29-2016, 09:15 PM
And Briles ain't getting hired. There's more shit in the bag that neither party want out.

Millions of dollars worth skeletons they don't want out

Dawgfan61
11-29-2016, 09:24 PM
Kiffin, Mullen, Applewhite, and Riley (Oklahoma's OC) have been mentioned as Houston's top choices- no idea if Mullen or Kiffin would take it.

Cmon now random poster, you know damn well mullen is not leaving state to take over Houston. Give me a break there is no way you are that stupid. You are a highly intelligent person, you know better than that.

RougeDawg
11-29-2016, 09:33 PM
These names came from the university of Houston board of regents chairman, Tillman Fertitta. He said those two are at top of their list.

smootness
11-29-2016, 09:37 PM
Cmon now random poster, you know damn well mullen is not leaving state to take over Houston. Give me a break there is no way you are that stupid. You are a highly intelligent person, you know better than that.

He's trolling.

lamont
11-29-2016, 09:42 PM
Cmon now random poster, you know damn well mullen is not leaving state to take over Houston. Give me a break there is no way youre that stupid. You are a highly intelligent person, you know better than that.

I said they are being mentioned. Then I said there is no idea if they would take it or not. Neither you or I know the truth to that yet. We both obviously would like to think not. Coaches win at Houston. And those coaches go on to very big jobs. Briles, Sumlin, Herman...Houston has shown to be the job that leads to the blue blood jobs. Thats just a fact.

I dont think Mullen would go to Houston for 4MM per year. Can I say absolutely? No. Personally I think its Oregon or bust. HailState

lamont
11-29-2016, 09:44 PM
He's trolling.

Nobody has left State to get a blue blood job since Darryl Royal in the 1950's- Houston has produced coaches and sent them to bigger jobs. Thats just fact

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2016, 09:48 PM

Damn Art. All you had to do was tell me you posted on Elitedawgs and we could've discussed this in private

WSOPdawg
11-29-2016, 09:52 PM
Damn Art. All you had to do was tell me you posted on Elitedawgs and we could've discussed this in private

Buahahahahahahaha-ha-ha

Dawg61
11-29-2016, 10:24 PM
He's trolling.

Nobody has left State to get a blue blood job since Darryl Royal in the 1950's- Houston has produced coaches and sent them to bigger jobs. Thats just fact

https://t6.rbxcdn.com/7a42baa745df300c7c207343e3bcf443