PDA

View Full Version : DD Bowie about to decommit???

BeastMan
11-29-2016, 10:05 AM
McCready mentioned a few weeks ago that things were not done there. I didn't buy it. Today he releases a top 5 on his twitter. Perhaps he looked at a depth chart and heard about some NCAA stuff.

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc473/stoms31/Mobile%20Uploads/6CC9B68E-3EC8-4336-8505-4384EF4C7CCC_zpsrpxvddsr.png

missouridawg
11-29-2016, 10:06 AM
Would be nice to have a couple of Jeffrey simmons caliber players in every class...

vv83
11-29-2016, 10:07 AM
Oh how sweet a revenge for AJ this would be

Really Clark?
11-29-2016, 10:07 AM
Unless he actually signs elsewhere it looks like the Hampton flip they made to themselves to just drum up PR

BeastMan
11-29-2016, 10:08 AM
He is still currently committed to OM for the record

BeastMan
11-29-2016, 10:09 AM
Unless he actually signs elsewhere it looks like the Hampton flip they made to themselves to just drum up PR

I seriously doubt that being that Hampton and that TE from the Delta took them to the cleaners

thf24
11-29-2016, 10:16 AM
This reeks of their annual "flip our own croot."

Really Clark?
11-29-2016, 10:18 AM
I seriously doubt that being that Hampton and that TE from the Delta took them to the cleaners

Has nothing to do with money. I'm talking spin and PR to generate false recruiting movement. They have done this for years. Take one of their most committed players and have it seem that they are wavering to have a press conference to announce they are staying committed to UNM. Or to decommit for a very short time to commit back to UNM. They could careless about truth and reality, it's just vanity and perception they care about. If they did, they might actually be bowling. We walk the walk

Really Clark?
11-29-2016, 10:19 AM

Yep

Jarius
11-29-2016, 10:20 AM
His cousin is Shay Hodge I believe. Hard to believe this is anything but a pr stunt by these clowns, but if he does come to MSU I will laugh my ass off. Couldn't happen to a better bunch.

DeviousDawg
11-29-2016, 10:21 AM
I wouldn't look too much into this. This smells like a good ole decommit just to recommit on signing day to win the press conference. It seems like they do this every year with one of their long time commits. If he publicly decommits and removes Ole Miss from consideration it may be worth watching, but that's not gonna happen. They are really good at flipping their own recruits, I'll give them that.

They really are an image obsessed bunch, in fact, sometimes I think their image matters more to them than their reality.

DeviousDawg
11-29-2016, 10:22 AM

Beat me to it.

BeastMan
11-29-2016, 10:22 AM
Has nothing to do with money. I'm talking spin and PR to generate false recruiting movement. They have done this for years. Take one of their most committed players and have it seem that they are wavering to have a press conference to announce they are staying committed to UNM. Or to decommit for a very short time to commit back to UNM. They could careless about truth and reality, it's just vanity and perception they care about. If they did, they might actually be bowling. We walk the walk

Do you realize how much that costs them? They came within a cm of telling the te to kick rocks and ran him off quickly once he was on campus. It was a fun thing to troll om fans about but I can assure you, to the people that mattered, CJ Hampton et al decomitting wasn't fun. It was closer to a hostage situation.

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2016, 10:31 AM

Just a friendly reminder....we initially thought they were doing this with Leo Lewis, too.

Really Clark?
11-29-2016, 10:32 AM
Do you realize how much that costs them? They came within a cm of telling the te to kick rocks and ran him off quickly once he was on campus. It was a fun thing to troll om fans about but I can assure you, to the people that mattered, CJ Hampton et al decomitting wasn't fun. It was closer to a hostage situation.

What are you talking about? Hampton didn't even decommit and these kids are willing. They think they are pulling some kind of black op misinformation to hurt us and drum up fake momentum.

Really Clark?
11-29-2016, 10:34 AM
Just a friendly reminder....we initially thought they were doing this with Leo Lewis, too.

No. Many believed, even while committed to UNM, he was signing with us. In fact there were several letting it be known that he was our Kailo

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-29-2016, 10:40 AM
He has been committed to OM forever why is he doing this? Oh wait I know. Typical OM strategy to make it appear that things are trending up for them. Wouldnt surprise me if Winters flips back to OM as well for this same reason.

MSUMatt
11-29-2016, 10:41 AM
Bowie is probably going to end up backpedaling before its all said it done.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-29-2016, 10:41 AM
no he's not

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2016, 10:52 AM
No. Many believed, even while committed to UNM, he was signing with us. In fact there were several letting it be known that he was our Kailo

You get people believing all kinds of things on all sides of the story. But there were a lot of people who thought he was messing with LSU and State and was going to flip back to Ole Miss. The Yancys of the world were flat-out predicting it.

I think the moral of the story is that some kids like to play the game, some kids genuinely change their minds, and most of us don't know what the hell is going on with any of them. My gut tells me Bowie ends up at Ole Miss, but I wouldn't be shocked if he went elsewhere. I don't know how anyone with a pulse and a brain bigger than pea size would even consider going to that school right now, no matter how much they are paying out, so anything is possible.

Jack Lambert
11-29-2016, 11:02 AM
McCready mentioned a few weeks ago that things were not done there. I didn't buy it. Today he releases a top 5 on his twitter. Perhaps he looked at a depth chart and heard about some NCAA stuff.

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc473/stoms31/Mobile%20Uploads/6CC9B68E-3EC8-4336-8505-4384EF4C7CCC_zpsrpxvddsr.png

Who are his top five?

Cooterpoot
11-29-2016, 11:05 AM
He and Winters are both just trying to draw some attention to UM. They've already cashed their checks. Nothing to see here....

BeastMan
11-29-2016, 11:19 AM
He and Winters are both just trying to draw some attention to UM. They've already cashed their checks. Nothing to see here....

Winters is from Tally and just unofficially visited FSU. If they other, and it looks very possible, he gone. Regarding DD, Neal was talking about things not being firm there weeks ago.

Now most of this board apparently thinks OM does this all for spin. Allow me to spitball for just a second. 100% of this board also thinks OM pays recruits. If I adopt the thinking that OM pays everyone, isn't it plausible that the kids know this too? Isn't it plausible that sometimes kids initiate certain contact with other schools to hold a certain school's feet to the fire to "up the ante"?

Rick Danko
11-29-2016, 11:44 AM
Refresh my memory please who is TE from delta?

thf24
11-29-2016, 12:00 PM
Refresh my memory please who is TE from delta?

Sammie Epps.

louisvilledawg
11-29-2016, 12:44 PM
Apparently DD already has two little girls. I dont event think i could handle one kid right now and i'm 27/married

HoopsDawg
11-29-2016, 12:52 PM
DD wants to stay close to home but he is worried about Ole Miss and the NCAA sanctions. He probably ends up at Ole Miss, but we still have a shot.

chisaintdog3
11-29-2016, 01:46 PM
Sammie Epps.

Where is Sammie Epps now? I know when he got dismissed from Ole Miss he went to Northwest MS CC. Also looking at 247 we offered him while he was at NW MS CC. I looked at their roster and he is not listed on there either.

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2016, 01:50 PM
Where is Sammie Epps now? I know when he got dismissed from Ole Miss he went to Northwest MS CC. Also looking at 247 we offered him while he was at NW MS CC. I looked at their roster and he is not listed on there either.

He's at Butler CC apparently. Supposedly a December graduate.

Percho
11-29-2016, 02:56 PM

Looks like he has had 2 catches for 42 yards.

Ari Gold
11-29-2016, 02:57 PM
The annual flipmit ... This was tired 2 years ago...

chisaintdog3
11-29-2016, 04:14 PM

Any idea where he might be going or who has offered him?