PDA

View Full Version : Aranda loves coaching highly ranked talent. Signs 3 year deal with LSU

lamont
11-28-2016, 07:38 PM
O gets him an OC that can recruit a QB and LSU is going to roll under him.

defiantdog
11-28-2016, 07:47 PM
O gets him an OC that can recruit a QB and LSU is going to roll under him.
You think Kiffin waits till after the playoffs to announce? Or do you think he goes ahead and announces the lateral move?

msbulldog
11-28-2016, 07:48 PM
yep and Oregon doesn't have to cheat himself in Louisiana it's built in.

HoopsDawg
11-28-2016, 07:54 PM
O gets him an that can recruit a QB and LSU is going to roll under him.

That's huge for O to keep Aranda.

Bucky Dog
11-28-2016, 07:56 PM
Word down in Tiger Land is Kiffin is coming but he wants to stay at Bama through the NC. Both O and Saban are trying to figure out if they let him do that or not.

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2016, 08:11 PM
Word down in Tiger Land is Kiffin is coming but he wants to stay at Bama through the NC. Both O and Saban are trying to figure out if they let him do that or not.

What a terrible part of college football. It's ashame that this kind of situation arises. Not fair to players or fans.

lamont
11-28-2016, 08:20 PM
Shit- O will make Kiffin "King of offense" and LSU will be stout. And they will work their ass off to stick it to Saban

All O has to do is recruit and yell at people. He will kill it at LSU

basedog
11-28-2016, 08:24 PM
Bama Saban > Lsu O

Kiffen would be foolish taking an assistant job, has a sure thing at Bama. As long as Saban is at Bama everyone will be playing for 2nd place.

SPMT
11-28-2016, 08:25 PM
Why would you make a lateral move, leaving most likely the greatest program builder, to go work under an unproven head coach. O may or may not succeed. I don't see Kiffin going there at all. He can learn nothing from O but can still learn tons from Saban.

I seen it dawg
11-28-2016, 08:28 PM
He can stop getting assraped by Saban in meetings and games and make as much if not more money coaching pretty much the same athletes. O is gonna start building a fence around the Louisiana talent. Bama won't be getting all those guys like they have been.

Dawg61
11-28-2016, 08:31 PM
Shit- O will make Kiffin "King of offense" and LSU will be stout. And they will work their ass off to stick it to Saban

He can stop getting assraped by Saban in meetings and games and make as much if not more money coaching pretty much the same athletes. O is gonna start building a fence around the Louisiana talent. Bama won't be getting all those guys like they have been.

You two are like Tusk but with LSU not Bama

dawgday166
11-28-2016, 08:32 PM

And Kiffin won't get his ass chewed by Saban all week long and every 3rd offensive series on Saturdays.

basedog
11-28-2016, 08:33 PM

Lsu always will chase Bama, O want win more than Miles, Lsu was Bama good when led by Saban. O will be the second coming of Charlie Mac who was good but never good enough against the Bear.

I seen it dawg
11-28-2016, 08:34 PM
You two are like Tusk but with LSU not Bama

Thanks

Bucky Dog
11-28-2016, 08:34 PM

Bingo! What they are paying O left money to keep Aranda and bring Kiffin over. Now my info comes from a doc down here who says he knows everything, but who knows.

dawgday166
11-28-2016, 08:36 PM

You beat me to it ha! I missed this post when I posted.

dawgday166
11-28-2016, 08:38 PM
Lsu always will chase Bama, O want win more than Miles, Lsu was Bama good when led by Saban. O will be the second coming of Charlie Mac who was good but never good enough against the Bear.

I think if he gets Kiffin it might be pretty interesting to watch. Look what they did against Bammer this year without a QB. Didn't score but shut them down and knocked their jock straps off.

basedog
11-28-2016, 08:38 PM
And Kiffin won't get his ass chewed by Saban all week long and every 3rd offensive series on Saturdays.

Saban controlled Kiffen, no way O will. Saban is a mad man that holds every player, every Coach responsible. I ain't a Saban fan but he is the best and losing only 7 Sec games says it all.

basedog
11-28-2016, 08:40 PM
I think if he gets Kiffin it might be pretty interesting to watch. Look what they did against Bammer this year without a QB. Didn't score but shut them down and knocked their jock straps off.

Buts or what if's don't count, hell the Cheaters played Bama close.

DownwardDawg
11-28-2016, 08:41 PM
It will make LSU better. It won't hurt Bama a bit. They'll probably be better on offense. Kiffin sucked against ole miss. He never understood all he had to do was run the football.

dawgday166
11-28-2016, 08:42 PM
Buts or what if's don't count, hell the Cheaters played Bama close.

Hard to tell yet. All dynasties peter out eventually.

basedog
11-28-2016, 08:45 PM
It will make LSU better. It won't hurt Bama a bit. They'll probably be better on offense. Kiffin sucked against ole miss. He never understood all he had to do was run the football.

What has Kiffen done so great except at Bama, he does stupid things and gets away with it because he has Saban and Bama.

basedog
11-28-2016, 08:47 PM
Hard to tell yet. All dynasties peter out eventually.

Well, wake me up when Bama is done, Saban ain't done, he will have a statue right beside the Bear.

lamont
11-28-2016, 08:52 PM
Kiffin is an outstanding Coordinator- but not a great HC. He has really done a good job at Bama. He has also showed he can go from being a complete West Coast Offense freak coaching Matt Linert to running the Spread with at Bama. That really shows some versatility. He has done some really good things with a couple of innovative zone read changes in their offense.

Kiffin to LSU puts them equal with Bama

dawgday166
11-28-2016, 08:55 PM
Add to that they're the only team in the SEC almost guaranteed of getting the same talent level.

turkish
11-28-2016, 08:56 PM
If Kiffin comes to BR, it won't be for more than 2 years. He's ready to be a HC, in his head at least. Aranda is there long-term, presumably.

basedog
11-28-2016, 08:57 PM
Kiffin is an outstanding Coordinator- but not a great HC. He has really done a good job at Bama. He has also showed he can go from being a complete West Coast Offense freak coaching Matt Linert to running the Spread with at Bama. That really shows some versatility. He has done some really good things with a couple of innovative zone read changes in their offense.

We shall see, again it's not a step up if he leaves Bama for any assistant job. 34 could call plays at Bama.

Irondawg
11-28-2016, 09:17 PM
I can't believe nobody was coming after Aranada for a head coaching position

Token Bammer
11-28-2016, 10:05 PM

And there lies one of two major problems with Kiffin. The other being his off the field behavior. I stand behind what I said in another thread. If Kiffin leaves it will ONLY be because Saban wants him to. Kiffin's off the field behavior isn't a well kept secret. He was close to being asked to leave last season.

Token Bammer
11-28-2016, 10:09 PM
What has Kiffen done so great except at Bama, he does stupid things and gets away with it because he has Saban and Bama.

I completely agree.

Token Bammer
11-28-2016, 10:17 PM

Kiffin is a good coordinator but Saban, his program, and the talent BAMA brings in has had a lot to do with Kiffin's success. Kiffin needs a Saban to keep his feet on the ground.

Coach O and two solid coordinators does not make LSU even with Alabama. Saban won 3 national championships without Lane and he'd do it again. Everyone keeps fighting over who can take Saban's assistant coaches, but no one has been smart enough to figure out it's Saban that makes it all work.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-28-2016, 10:17 PM
Saban will just promote Sark who is almost identical to Kiffin as far as play calling.

Bass Chaser
11-28-2016, 10:34 PM
Well, wake me up when Bama is done, Saban ain't done, he will have a statue right beside the Bear.

I think he already has one.

dawgday166
11-28-2016, 10:46 PM
Kiffin is a good coordinator but Saban, his program, and the talent BAMA brings in has had a lot to do with Kiffin's success. Kiffin needs a Saban to keep his feet on the ground.

Coach O and two solid coordinators does not make LSU even with Alabama. Saban won 3 national championships without Lane and he'd do it again. Everyone keeps fighting over who can take Saban's assistant coaches, but no one has been smart enough to figure out it's Saban that makes it all work.

You might be right Token but I keep thinking that Miles gave him a tussle or 2 here and there ... with absolutely zero offense.

K9 Avenger
11-28-2016, 10:49 PM

Complete and utter nonsense...you just equated Coach O and LSU with Nick Saban and Bama...LMAO!!!!

TUSK
11-28-2016, 11:07 PM
Wait, I thought Kiffin was going to be a "cancer" at Alabama and hurt the program....

and now that he is going to LSU;

(LSU + Kiffin + Ed O) =/> (Bama + Saban + Sark)

no.

dawgday166
11-28-2016, 11:17 PM
Wait, I thought Kiffin was going to be a "cancer" at Alabama and hurt the program....

and now that he is going to LSU;

(LSU + Kiffin + Ed O) =/> (Bama + Saban + Sark)

no.

We dreaming man. Just let us envision it for a little while **

KB21
11-28-2016, 11:23 PM
There are only two things that would allow LSU to close the gap with Alabama.

1. Nick Saban retires or goes back to the NFL.
2. LSU hires Urban Meyer.

That's it.

TUSK
11-28-2016, 11:35 PM
We dreaming man. Just let us envision it for a little while **

great EliteDawgs post/quote from when MDL first took Lane under His Outstretched, Sulfury Batwing:

"Color me not worried- he damn sure is no better than the last 2 Saban has had"

Token Bammer
11-29-2016, 08:30 AM
You might be right Token but I keep thinking that Miles gave him a tussle or 2 here and there ... with absolutely zero offense.

That he did, and i think Les in Saban's early years at BAMA was a better coach than he is now. Somewhere down the line (after the 2011 NCG 21-0) Miles lost the team and never recovered. Saban has defeated the second best (current) program in our conference 6 times in a row. Saban (even compared to his early years at BAMA which was when LSU was able to compete) is now recruiting and coaching these guys at such a high level that the only thing I believe can stop him is his age.

My point is this. The LSU program with Coach O (seriously?) and a couple of good coordinators does not = Saban at Alabama. Nowhere close. I hope I don't sound too homer here, but Saban is the best there ever was. To do what he's done in this modern era is amazing, and to say that Coach O and LSU is equal to the greatest of all-time is hilarious. Think about all the great coaches that have come and gone that Saban has dominated within our conference. Meyer, three UT coaches, Richt, Miles, three AU coaches, etc. Every university has changed coaches in our conference at least once since his arrival.

dawgday166
11-29-2016, 08:59 AM
great EliteDawgs post/quote from when MDL first took Lane under His Outstretched, Sulfury Batwing:

"Color me not worried- he damn sure is no better than the last 2 Saban has had"

That he did, and i think Les in Saban's early years at BAMA was a better coach than he is now. Somewhere down the line (after the 2011 NCG 21-0) Miles lost the team and never recovered. Saban has defeated the second best (current) program in our conference 6 times in a row. Saban (even compared to his early years at BAMA which was when LSU was able to compete) is now recruiting and coaching these guys at such a high level that the only thing I believe can stop him is his age.

My point is this. The LSU program with Coach O (seriously?) and a couple of good coordinators does not = Saban at Alabama. Nowhere close. I hope I don't sound too homer here, but Saban is the best there ever was. To do what he's done in this modern era is amazing, and to say that Coach O and LSU is equal to the greatest of all-time is hilarious. Think about all the great coaches that have come and gone that Saban has dominated within our conference. Meyer, three UT coaches, Richt, Miles, three AU coaches, etc. Every university has changed coaches in our conference at least once since his arrival.

Ok guys .. I surrender and submit to unprecedented power of the Dark Lord ******* Dammit! LOL