PDA

View Full Version : So Ced Jiles tweets he will be back for his 6th year next year....

DeviousDawg
11-28-2016, 05:40 PM
DB's will be much improved next year, just with the guys we have returning...

Cornerbacks:
Jamal Peters(Jr)
Cedric Jiles(Sr)
Tolando Cleveland(Sr)
Jamoral Graham(Sr)
Lashard Durr(Sr)
Chris Rayford(Jr)
Chris Stamps(Fr)
Mauric Smitherman(So)
John Michael Hankerson(Fr)
Cam Dantzler(Fr)

Safety:
Brandon Bryant(Jr)
Korey Charles(Fr)
CJ Morgan(Fr)
Mark Mclaurin(Jr)

I wouldn't be surprised to see come of the cornerbacks switch to safety over the off season

Then you add in guys that will be coming in next year:

Cornerback:
Tyler Williams-committed
Dante Wigley(JUCO)-good chance of getting him
Keisean Nixon(JUCO)- 50/50 chance
Laquarius Andrews(JUCO)- greater than 50% chance

Safety:
Landon Guidry-committed
Kaleb Oliver-committed
CJ Avery- all but committed(99.999% chance)
Brian Cole(JUCO)- greater than 50% chance.

mstatefan91
11-28-2016, 05:48 PM
Just looked at his page. Don't see this tweet?

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2016, 05:49 PM
We need a shutdown guy to develop so that we can be more versatile in our coverages.

Best thing about this is that it will create great competition in the Spring & training camp. Throw that in with Mullen's quote on an "Old School Off season" and it bodes well this group getting better.

preachermatt83
11-28-2016, 05:49 PM
Who are the likely candidates to transfer to Safety? I'd like to see Peters start somewhere. He really came on at corner.

Todd4State
11-28-2016, 05:50 PM
If it were me I would probably start Peters and Durr or maybe Giles. We need to get more of a pass rush and I think playing Simmons more and then Spencer, Sweat, and Pope will hopefully help with that.

Turfdawg67
11-28-2016, 05:52 PM
How can you be 99.999% sure about Avery. Tweeted a pic of Gus visiting on Sunday. Who's to say he didn't bring a large blue & orange bag filled with Benjamin's??

mstatefan91
11-28-2016, 05:52 PM
If it were me I would probably start Peters and Durr or maybe Giles. We need to get more of a pass rush and I think playing Simmons more and then Spencer, Sweat, and Pope will hopefully help with that.

The lack of pass rush has hurt us more than people realize. There would be plays where our secondary had decent coverage, but the QB had all day to wait for someone to pop open.

So combine that with a secondary that didn't always cover well (being nice here) and you have this year's defense.

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2016, 05:53 PM

Don't forget Cleveland. He's better than Jiles, assuming he comes back healthy.

Also watch out for Dantzler. Word is he may be the best of the bunch. Although, I see him being worked in on 1B

DeviousDawg
11-28-2016, 06:01 PM
Just looked at his page. Don't see this tweet?

http://i66.tinypic.com/21aftvr.png

Todd4State
11-28-2016, 06:01 PM
Don't forget Cleveland. He's better than Jiles, assuming he comes back healthy.

Also watch out for Dantzler. Word is he may be the best of the bunch. Although, I see him being worked in on 1B

Yeah it's hard to get them all in. If it were me I might move Cleveland to safety just to get him on the field more. And I say that not knowing how well he is going to be recovered from him injury next year.

Coach007
11-28-2016, 06:04 PM
It's going to be a better year. However, it's the front 3 that has to improve vastly. We have to have another GREAT ILB too.

And depth

DeviousDawg
11-28-2016, 06:06 PM
How can you be 99.999% sure about Avery. Tweeted a pic of Gus visiting on Sunday. Who's to say he didn't bring a large blue & orange bag filled with Benjamin's??

The more you follow recruiting, the more you learn to ignore those type tweets. Leo Lewis and Jamal Peters are great examples of this. Unless Avery and the staff have a falling out over the next week or two(remember that Avery is an early enrollee) he will be a dawg. In fact, I would be willing to bet my life savings that Willie Gay and CJ Avery will be wearing the Maroon and White come September 2017.

DeviousDawg
11-28-2016, 06:11 PM
Also, as my boy Ari Gold pointed out in a different thread, you can add 4* safety J'marick Woods to the safety list. It's looking like there is a good chance he will flip to us from Michigan down the stretch.

JoseBrown
11-28-2016, 07:20 PM
Also, as my boy Ari Gold pointed out in a different thread, you can add 4* safety J'marick Woods to the safety list. It's looking like there is a good chance he will flip to us from Michigan down the stretch.

That's really good to hear. Didn't think we'd get him. Thx DD34! And I mean uh thx Ari Gold 2!

lamont
11-28-2016, 07:25 PM
that would be huge if he can stay healthy.