PDA

View Full Version : Ari's Golden Nugget for Monday

Ari Gold
11-28-2016, 04:29 PM
This is the latest attempt by Umiss to try and salvage this recruiting season and going forward..

They are telling recruits and their parents that they are working hand in hand with the NCAA and Everthing is going well. That the worse case scenario is that they will receive a one year probation ( bowl ban) and if you go ahead and sign with us and for whatever reason the punishment is more than that or what we have discussed with you, we will let you out of your scholarship and allow you to transfer..

Sounds almost to funny and ridiculous to believe ,but they told the wrong kid and wrong kids family this .. And it's out.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-28-2016, 04:30 PM
Yep I've heard that same story.

BeardoMSU
11-28-2016, 04:32 PM
Geez. With you two posting this, I'd like to see them deny it now. Thanks for the info, guys.

Commercecomet24
11-28-2016, 04:32 PM
I've heard the same thing. Couple of players down here at JCJC my son knows.

Jack Lambert
11-28-2016, 04:33 PM
The NCAA will probably be the ones making that decision and not Ole Miss. Ole Miss knows already it's going to be bad.

Also They would still have to sit out one year unless the NCAA is letting it happen.

Commercecomet24
11-28-2016, 04:34 PM
They would still have to sit out one year unless the NCAA is letting it happen.

That's the part their not telling them.

thf24
11-28-2016, 04:35 PM
What's the implication here? Even more ammo for the NCAA?

Regardless, please post more.

TrapGame
11-28-2016, 04:35 PM
"Now, boys, you can come to the prison rape with us and if it's not as fun as we told you we'll let you leave."

BeastMan
11-28-2016, 04:37 PM
That was the creative "outside the box" approach they talked about recently. They're calling it short-term commitments. Nothing long-term binding. Absolutely laughable strategy

BeardoMSU
11-28-2016, 04:38 PM
"Now, boys, you can come to the prison rape with us and if it's not as fun as we told you we'll let you leave."

Hell of a sales pitch.**

https://images2.newscred.com/Zz1hYzI1YjNhODEzYTJhZWQwNDVlMjE4NzlhNGIzM2QyNQ==

maroonmania
11-28-2016, 04:39 PM
What would be surprising about this? Its recruiting. Of course they are going to downplay and even lie about the situation if they think the recruit and his family are going to be gullible enough to believe it. Hopefully these families have enough sense to look it up and see how many other schools got off with a slap on the wrist with 8 level one violations on the table and likely more to come.

I seen it dawg
11-28-2016, 04:41 PM
These guys are dumb as ****. It's laughable. And the fact they think all these recruits and their families are dumb enough to believe. Don't know how much more disrespectful you can be to these people than what they are doing. ****ing assholes.

I seen it dawg
11-28-2016, 04:44 PM
Not to mention any recruit that does believe it and fall for it is essentially wasting the rest of their football career. Yay they will let me transfer...and you sit out..so you play a few snaps as a freshman bc that's what they will promise you..then you have to go somewhere else and fit in somewhere while having to sit out a year. Unbelievably stupid to go to school there.

lamont
11-28-2016, 04:44 PM
"Hey Willie- if we end up with more than 1 year of probation- feel free to transfer out and go sit a year somewhere at another program"

Bold strategy Cotton

Really Clark?
11-28-2016, 04:46 PM
Heard that and a rumor that a certain someone on administrative leave sent a text to a burner phone that the NCAA already had in their possession.

Thick
11-28-2016, 04:48 PM
"Bold strategy Cotton"! Too funny!

Jack Lambert
11-28-2016, 04:49 PM
Hell of a sales pitch.**

https://images2.newscred.com/Zz1hYzI1YjNhODEzYTJhZWQwNDVlMjE4NzlhNGIzM2QyNQ==

I don't think there will be any coffee for them this year.

I seen it dawg
11-28-2016, 04:50 PM
Heard that and a rumor that a certain someone on administrative leave sent a text to a burner phone that the NCAA already had in their possession.

Now that's ****ing great. Hahahahahahahahaha

TrapGame
11-28-2016, 04:56 PM

This has got to be the mind set of the NCAA on OM now.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/65418174.jpg

Really Clark?
11-28-2016, 05:02 PM
This is what the deluded douches up north will never understand, the NCAA hasn't spent all these years just looking for stuff to find on them, they keep handing their own head to them MAKING the NCAA have to keep investigating them. It could have ended 2 years ago but they keep making violations that the NCAA has to address.

msstate7
11-28-2016, 05:23 PM
This is what the deluded douches up north will never understand, the NCAA hasn't spent all these years just looking for stuff to find on them, they keep handing their own head to them MAKING the NCAA have to keep investigating them. It could have ended 2 years ago but they keep making violations that the NCAA has to address.

Settle letter #1 now. Let om drag out letter #2 a little longer. If they wanna keep on, give them letter #3. I'm ready for letter #1 to be addressed though

BeardoMSU
11-28-2016, 05:24 PM
I don't think there will be any coffee for them this year.

Nice one, Jack!

https://38.media.tumblr.com/bb562656279c12e93b868dfb64a67b14/tumblr_mq6bkdtSWJ1s852lfo1_500.gif

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2016, 05:33 PM
The funniest part about this to me is that, if the penalties are worse than what they are saying, those coaches won't even be coaching at Ole Miss. So they are offering recruits a deal that they won't even have the power to fulfill because they won't be coaching at Ole Miss.

Fired Hugh Freeze can't allow an Ole Miss player to transfer

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2016, 05:41 PM
Rosie says Ole Miss will likely go in front of the COI in April & to also look for other coaches to leave OM after the JUCO signing period

Todd4State
11-28-2016, 05:47 PM

Anyone remember when they used to make fun of us and say we were bad at cheating?

WSOPdawg
11-28-2016, 06:02 PM

Oh please, please, please let this be true.

WSOPdawg
11-28-2016, 06:08 PM
Settle letter #1 now. Let om drag out letter #2 a little longer. If they wanna keep on, give them letter #3. I'm ready for letter #1 to be addressed though

This ^^^^

I see both sides (letting it drag on and on and on vs penalize now for 1st NOA). I'm with the "penalize now" camp just because there's enough in the 1st NOA to hammer those 17s.

The 2nd NOA with Tunsil draft night illegalities combined with current recruiting season violations will ice the cake even more but honestly, when is enough enough as this thing can drag on indefinitely.

Ari Gold
11-28-2016, 06:13 PM
A source I Have at Gridiron Now told me it's going to be bad.

Bubb Rubb
11-28-2016, 06:32 PM
This ^^^^

I see both sides (letting it drag on and on and on vs penalize now for 1st NOA). I'm with the "penalize now" camp just because there's enough in the 1st NOA to hammer those 17s.

The 2nd NOA with Tunsil draft night illegalities combined with current recruiting season violations will ice the cake even more but honestly, when is enough enough as this thing can drag on indefinitely.

I say let it drag out. The more they are living under this cloud of suspicion, the more they lose in the perception war. Every school out there is using it against them in recruiting. Every month that it drags out is another month of "unofficial" probation that they are serving.

msstate7
11-28-2016, 07:38 PM
I say let it drag out. The more they are living under this cloud of suspicion, the more they lose in the perception war. Every school out there is using it against them in recruiting. Every month that it drags out is another month of "unofficial" probation that they are serving.
Cole and abram (juco safeties that we want) are getting crystal balled to om now. Om is starting to sell a dream of no severe probation apparently. I want that shut down

Dawgowar
11-28-2016, 07:56 PM
I want them to experience sweating out a commit with offers from Marshall, Half the Sunbelt and North Dakota State. Like we did. I want this process to stretch to the point they have discipline issues like we did - cuz the only impressive talent they can sign likes to spend time counterfeiting, cheating on tests, or stealing cars. Then, after they deplete their roster of reliable or semi reliable talent I want the hammer to drop. Unlike our 8 scholarships I want them to get hit with 25-30 and THEN have to purge their roster.

Let them enjoy four or five years of not even needing to be bowl eligible because their QB's are either dodging linemen or can't throw it more than 10 yards.

Have fun Bears.

Tripp McNeely
11-28-2016, 08:12 PM
Cole and abram (juco safeties that we want) are getting crystal balled to om now...

By Demetric Warren...that dude is wrong about as much as he's wrong with the CBs. He's one of those "network contributors" who CBs every kid right before they take an OV...with no inside info. The Crystal Ball feature has done just as much bad as it's done good. There's a few guys like Warren who'll take a "shotgun" approach and take wild guesses and CB every kid in hopes of improving his CB score

The CB system is become kind of a scam. Look at the "accuracy" measure for instance...it only takes into account the guy's last pick. So, if Cole ends up not visiting the bears, Warren can change his CB to whoever the next Cole OV is, etc. So, once it become insanely obvious where a kid is going, they can change it one last time and be "right".

Also, the total points that make up that "recruiter ranking" is based on a formula that takes into account how many times you make a correct pick, etc. So, if you look at Warren, he's CB'd 300+ kids. That doesn't count how many times he's changed his CB on the same kid. But because of all that activity, he has a "recruiter ranking" in the teens. In contrast, if you look at Paul Jones, he's only made 30-40 CBs, rarely changes his picks, and has a "recruiter ranking" in the 40s. PJ is trying to inform his subscribers of where he thinks a kid is going...Warren is trying to improve his score.

Moral of the insanely long story...pay close attention to who's making the CB.

msbulldog
11-28-2016, 08:30 PM
Cole and abram (juco safeties that we want) are getting crystal balled to om now. Om is starting to sell a dream of no severe probation apparently. I want that shut down

MS7 if that's true, they're not buying the're selling. These recruits talk to each other, evidenced by the 4 decommits Mississippi has had this fall. OM is still in the buying market, that's their only choice. If these guys are dumb enough to believe this BS, they will never make it at MSU.
I want Mississippi to go through what we went through during the Jackie investigation. Don't you remember the hell it was when we had the investigation hanging over our heads, the investigation was worse than the penalties. Mississippi brought that down on us, and I want them to enjoy it just like we did!

preachermatt83
11-28-2016, 09:54 PM

Amen!

Ari Gold
11-28-2016, 10:00 PM

Abram never really interested in us from the get go, and Cole has some issues that he has to work out .

Political Hack
11-29-2016, 11:02 AM
By Demetric Warren...that dude is wrong about as much as he's wrong with the CBs. He's one of those "network contributors" who CBs every kid right before they take an OV...with no inside info. The Crystal Ball feature has done just as much bad as it's done good. There's a few guys like Warren who'll take a "shotgun" approach and take wild guesses and CB every kid in hopes of improving his CB score

The CB system is become kind of a scam. Look at the "accuracy" measure for instance...it only takes into account the guy's last pick. So, if Cole ends up not visiting the bears, Warren can change his CB to whoever the next Cole OV is, etc. So, once it become insanely obvious where a kid is going, they can change it one last time and be "right".

Also, the total points that make up that "recruiter ranking" is based on a formula that takes into account how many times you make a correct pick, etc. So, if you look at Warren, he's CB'd 300+ kids. That doesn't count how many times he's changed his CB on the same kid. But because of all that activity, he has a "recruiter ranking" in the teens. In contrast, if you look at Paul Jones, he's only made 30-40 CBs, rarely changes his picks, and has a "recruiter ranking" in the 40s. PJ is trying to inform his subscribers of where he thinks a kid is going...Warren is trying to improve his score.

Moral of the insanely long story...pay close attention to who's making the CB.

I refuse to pay close attention to CB's!!! What a croc of crap. I think 247 is by far he best network, but that's crazy.