PDA

View Full Version : Something to Keep an Eye on....

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2016, 04:11 PM
Sorry to keep starting threads, but I just had a thought.

With Barney being on administrative leave & Wommack retiring, Ole Miss is short a recruiter & coach right now.

So... it will be interesting to see how long it takes them to fill these holes in their staff.

Who will take those jobs under a lame duck staff?

Will be funny when a GA is promoted in the next few weeks

Jack Lambert
11-28-2016, 04:14 PM
I think they have made this entire season and recruiting season a wash. Wait and see what the NCAA does, ride it out and build from there. It is really going to be hard to get quality recruits to sign up.

Mjoelner34
11-28-2016, 04:15 PM
Bdork will take the recruiting test and wear his bicycle helmet and wrasslin' belt on recruiting visits.

TrapGame
11-28-2016, 04:23 PM
If they promote Kiffin to DC I'm gonna laugh my ass off.

Really Clark?
11-28-2016, 04:33 PM
If they promote Kiffin to DC I'm gonna laugh my ass off.

Reports are Kiffin is gone regardless along with 1-2 more. Batoon is looking at getting demoted to administrative staff and off the field.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2016, 11:27 AM
If Tom Allen doesn't take the Ole Miss DC job in the next few weeks, it will be very telling

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/report-former-hugh-freeze-assistant-return-new-ole-miss-dc/

CadaverDawg
11-29-2016, 11:29 AM
If Tom Allen doesn't take the Ole Miss DC job in the next few weeks, it will be very telling

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/report-former-hugh-freeze-assistant-return-new-ole-miss-dc/

Hate we weren't able to get Allen.

confucius say
11-29-2016, 11:53 AM

Ding ding ding

Really Clark?
11-29-2016, 11:59 AM
Hate we weren't able to get Allen.

I think him going home and a noncompete that we wanted to keep him from going to UNM after just a year was a sticking point. It was already talked that Womack might not make it past this season if the defense didn't get a little better after last season. He is pretty tight with Freeze and might be the only reason and how they can pull a good DC. And even then it will be a hard sell with the ax swing over their head.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2016, 12:10 PM
Will be interesting to see if Freeze lies to Allen about the their current situation in order to shape perception

thf24
11-29-2016, 12:21 PM
I seem to remember hearing that part of the reason Allen left is that he had a falling out with either Freeze or Wommack or both; was that a thing or am I imagining that?

msudawglb
11-29-2016, 12:36 PM
Bdork will take the recruiting test and wear his bicycle helmet and wrasslin' belt on recruiting visits.

Like this?
http://67.media.tumblr.com/b4b627b1e4eefdc914505c26511f0e9b/tumblr_mk8mcba9301rlo1q2o1_1280.jpg

lamont
11-29-2016, 12:54 PM
Look for them to lose a couple more after the early signing period coming up

Cooterpoot
11-29-2016, 01:14 PM
I seem to remember hearing that part of the reason Allen left is that he had a falling out with either Freeze or Wommack or both; was that a thing or am I imagining that?

He and Freeze didn't get along great. I'd be a little surprised if he's back in Oxford. Plus, he's getting looks for HC spots.

Really Clark?
11-29-2016, 01:23 PM
He and Freeze didn't get along great. I'd be a little surprised if he's back in Oxford. Plus, he's getting looks for HC spots.

I don't know about that. From what I was told they were very tight until the very end and something caused a riff. Rumor was that Allen had a hard time with what was been told publically and the realty of what was happening behind the scenes didn't follow Freeze's Christian walk. Possible discussions about it and Allen felt he needed to leave and get away from what was going on. Again, that is definitely 3rd 4th hand rumors.

Bubb Rubb
11-29-2016, 01:34 PM
Will be interesting to see if Freeze lies to Allen about the their current situation in order to shape perception

If Allen let this happen, then he's a dumbass. Lying to a recruit is one thing, but these coaches network and they're in the know about what's going on at other schools.

Tom Allen is coaching at home right now and is in a pretty good situation. It would have to take a head coaching job or a perfect situation for him to leave. Ole Miss is offering neither.

Really Clark?
11-29-2016, 01:36 PM
If Allen let this happen, then he's a dumbass. Lying to a recruit is one thing, but these coaches network and they're in the know about what's going on at other schools.

Tom Allen is coaching at home right now and is in a pretty good situation. It would have to take a head coaching job or a perfect situation for him to leave. Ole Miss is offering neither.

And he very well may get a HC job this year or next. If he decides to start at a lower program and work up

Jack Lambert
11-29-2016, 01:47 PM

They said on H to H that Dorke gave Freeze 1 million a year to offer for a DC.

ScottH
11-29-2016, 01:51 PM
Additionally Allen's son is an IU football commitment.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-29-2016, 02:27 PM
I bet they go after Wesley McGriff at Auburn. He was a big part of the 2013 signing class at OM and would jump at a DC spot.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2016, 02:32 PM
They said on H to H that Dorke gave Freeze 1 million a year to offer for a DC.

They are cesspool that went about it the wrong way, but I do wish we had the same desperation to win that they have.

They'll have to offer 1 mil to get anyone decent to leave their current position with so much uncertainty on the horizon.

Really Clark?
11-29-2016, 02:46 PM
I bet they go after Wesley McGriff at Auburn. He was a big part of the 2013 signing class at OM and would jump at a DC spot.

That's kind of who I suspect they target as a realistic get or a retread that really doesn't have that many good options. Vance Bedford is now out of a job (although if we are keeping Sirmon I might give him a ring to help our secondary. He and Mullen also coached together in Florida)