PDA

View Full Version : Shae Patterson is overrated...

Dawg61
11-28-2016, 02:38 PM
there I said it. I haven't been impressed with his passing at all only his scrambling and that really is only effective for 10-15 yards at most. He will get killed if he keeps trying to be JFF 2.0. I'd take Fitz over Shae all day every day and Fitz will be here longer than Shae stays at Old Misses.

dawgday166
11-28-2016, 02:40 PM
Don't you think it's a tad early to tell? By those standards you would've said Tom Brady is over rated in college.

ETA: I'll take Fitz over him tho.

TrapGame
11-28-2016, 02:40 PM
He looks like the kid playing banjo in Deliverance. That just freaks me out.

ZedFedder
11-28-2016, 02:41 PM
And Nick Fitzgerald. Look, I get it. The way they praise the guy makes me dislike him already. But the truth is, to be a true freshman who got thrown into the fire the last three games, he looks pretty darn impressive.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-28-2016, 02:45 PM
He has played 3 games after not expecting to play this year. I'll hold before making a judgement on him.

Mjoelner34
11-28-2016, 02:46 PM
He looks like the kid playing banjo in Deliverance. That just freaks me out.

Who? JFF or Shea-Shea.
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1574333/aggie_deliverance.gif

TrapGame
11-28-2016, 02:51 PM
Who? JFF or Shea-Shea.
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1574333/aggie_deliverance.gif

Shea, but JFF is pretty damn close.

archdog
11-28-2016, 03:01 PM
Plus his awesome receivers dropped three bombs they should have caught. Catch those and he sets the egg bowl passing record.

jumbo
11-28-2016, 03:07 PM
I won't say overrated. I'd say he looked like a true freshman making his 3rd career start in the egg bowl

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2016, 03:13 PM
I think he's pretty good.

He'll need to learn to work from the pocket if he'd going to beat good defenses, but he's got all the tools besides size & height.

That being said, one thing that's really going to hurt him is that their defense will likely suck ass for a long time & along with their running game. So, until they develop a running game & some semblance of a defense, he's going to spend his college career playing from behind with no running game & a LB spy on him without the opportunity to go to a bowl. Needless to say, it's going to be tough for him.

dawgday166
11-28-2016, 03:15 PM
I think he's pretty good.

He'll need to learn to work from the pocket if he'd going to beat good defenses, but he's got all the tools besides size & height.

That being said, one thing that's really going to hurt him is that their defense will likely suck ass for a long time & along with their running game. So, until they develop a running game & some semblance of a defense, he's going to spend his college career playing from behind with no running game & a LB spy on him without the opportunity to go to a bowl. Needless to say, it's going to be tough for him.

I don't think he's in a very good situation. When sanctions come down I'd do some research and try to figure out a good place to transfer to if I were him.

Commercecomet24
11-28-2016, 03:17 PM
Shea is definitely talented. He can throw the football and is mobile. The problem Shea is gonna have is the lack of coaching and development he's gonna receive at unm. They will continue to throw bubbles, fades and go's and he won't be able to read defenses or understand what a real route tree looks like. The kid has talent but its gonna be wasted with the lack of development.

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2016, 03:17 PM
I don't think he's in a very good situation. When sanctions come down I'd do some research and try to figure out a good place to transfer to if I were him.

No, he's in a terrible situation.

The only thing he has going fro him is that he'll have some receivers. Watch Andrew Luck play every Sunday & you'll see what he's about to face. That team isn't build right.

Liverpooldawg
11-28-2016, 03:19 PM
It's a bit early for that don't you think?

DownwardDawg
11-28-2016, 03:20 PM
He is very much like JFF. The problem for him is that there has already been a JFF. SEC defenses have seen it all before now. Keep him in the pocket and make him beat you passing. He can't. And Freeze's offense isn't made to fit a tiny scrambling QB.

Bama_Dawg
11-28-2016, 03:22 PM
Shea is definitely talented. He can throw the football and is mobile. The problem Shea is gonna have is the lack of coaching and development he's gonna receive at unm. They will continue to throw bubbles, fades and go's and he won't be able to read defenses or understand what a real route tree looks like. The kid has talent but its gonna be wasted with the lack of development.

Winner! Sky would be the limit if he had some proper coaching. No development...its a shame.

Oh well, he went to TSUN...what'd he expect?

mstatefan91
11-28-2016, 03:24 PM
He missed some open receivers, had some receivers drop a few balls, and wound up taking some shots throughout the game as it wore on.

Gonna be a hard 2 to 3 years for Patterson, but he has the ability if they put the right players around him.

Commercecomet24
He is very much like JFF. The problem for him is that there has already been a JFF. SEC defenses have seen it all before now. Keep him in the pocket and make him beat you passing. He can't. And Freeze's offense isn't made to fit a tiny scrambling QB.

You got it! Good points! Noticed how in the second half we started spying Leo some instead of Richie and the whole scrambling thing went out the window. He couldnt get away from Leo. The key to stopping these type QB's is for your lineman not to just rush straight upfield and go past the qb, stay even with the qb and force him to stay in the pocket and not be able to get outside where he has clear throwing lanes or can run, which is what he wants to do, and have a spy that can keep up with him and get him down.

drunkernhelldawg
I disagree. I actually think that he's NFL quality talent. His speed and field vision are not everyday gifts Luckily, we caught the freshman making some freshman mistakes. However, he's a huge talent. That said, I don't think he'll do that much at TSUN. He'll be gone from there in three years at the most. He might even transfer sooner.

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2016, 03:25 PM

This is a great point.

JFF wasn't as good his 2nd year as he was his Heisman year & I think it was because SEC adjusted to some degree & develop a plan to handle that type of player.

Additionally, JFF had 3 first round draft picks on the OL & Christian Michael at RB.

Commercecomet24
11-28-2016, 03:30 PM
Winner! Sky would be the limit if he had some proper coaching. No development...its a shame.

Oh well, he went to TSUN...what'd he expect?

Exactly! A good part of the reason Dak is so successful and doesn't even play like a rookie qb is because, as he's said the offense we run is an NFL type offense with NFL routes, so it's nothing new to him. Now obviously Dak is a transcendent talent and looks like Brady running an NFL offense but he wasn't like that when he got to State, it's called development. Dak has said and the NFL guys are starting to take notice that our "spread" offense aint like the air raid spreads. I watched Trent Dilfer do a segment on Dak and the offense he ran at MSU and he gave Mullen and State big props for having Dak NFL ready.

Jack Lambert
11-28-2016, 03:30 PM
This is a great point.

JFF wasn't as good his 2nd year as he was his Heisman year & I think it was because SEC adjusted to some degree & develop a plan to handle that type of player.

Additionally, JFF had 3 first round draft picks on the OL & Christian Michael at RB.

You also have to add in that he is playing at Ole Miss and when is the last time they developed a QB coming out of high school.

mstatefan91
11-28-2016, 03:31 PM
Exactly! A good part of the reason Dak is so successful and doesn't even play like a rookie qb is because, as he's said the offense we run is an NFL type offense with NFL routes, so it's nothing new to him. Now obviously Dak is a transcendent talent and looks like Brady running an NFL offense but he wasn't like that when he got to State, it's called development. Dak has said and the NFL guys are starting to take notice that our "spread" offense aint like the air raid spreads. I watched Trent Dilfer do a segment on Dak and the offense he ran at MSU and he gave Mullen and State big props for having Dak NFL ready.

Our offense is damn near unstoppable when the play calling is right (Bama does not count here)...

Dawg61
11-28-2016, 03:42 PM
JFF had 3 first round draft picks on the OL & Christian Michael at RB.

Mike Evans is leading the NFL in TD's for a WR this year. He was a pretty decent receiver for JFF too.

drunkernhelldawg
11-28-2016, 03:53 PM
The question about Patterson is whether he can be a difference maker for Ole Miss. I am hopeful that this will be prevented. I don't have any problem with them burning his redshirt since he was never going to be there for five years anyway. They made the right decision but just didn't count on us beating their ass. So great to have the Egg back where it belongs. Hope those effers didn't scratch it.

TrapGame
11-28-2016, 03:57 PM
If Shae stays at ole miss we will never see his true potential as a QB. If the NCAA hammer comes down and he transfers to another P5 program we might see his progression.

Noxdog
11-28-2016, 04:00 PM

Would love to watch the Dilfer piece.

Sacrifice
11-28-2016, 04:19 PM
I can't stand OM but that kid is pretty damn impressive, especially to be a true Freshman. His accuracy, scrambling ability and his accuracy throwing on the run is very good. You can tell he's had some top notch coaching at IMG. To bad that's the best coaching he'll be getting.

Commercecomet24
11-28-2016, 04:27 PM
Would love to watch the Dilfer piece.

Hey Nox, I will see if I can find it. It was 4 or 5 weeks ago and I think it was on monday night countdown. I'll see if i can drum it up.

Dawg61
11-28-2016, 04:39 PM
I can't stand OM but that kid is pretty damn impressive, especially to be a true Freshman. His accuracy, scrambling ability and his accuracy throwing on the run is very good. You can tell he's had some top notch coaching at IMG. To bad that's the best coaching he'll be getting.

He isn't accurate though it's a myth. Don't be blinded by the hype. He can scramble well. That's it.

vs Vandy 20-42 passing 47.6% completion
vs MSU 27-48 passing 56.3% completion

back to back average to poor accuracy in a bubble screen offense isn't good.

tcdog70
11-28-2016, 04:51 PM
He is tiny. maybe 5'10". He can scramble, but that will get him killed. His arm isn't that strong-his deep ball flutters. Contain Him like we did in the second half and Vandy did the whole game and He is in trouble.He isn't the Savior. They need to go back to Scooba.

preachermatt83
11-28-2016, 04:54 PM
He IS NOT Manziel. Not even close. He is decent but he has a LOOOOONNNGGGG way to go in the passing game. I'd take Fitz 100% of the time.

justwin
11-28-2016, 05:04 PM
He isn't accurate though it's a myth. Don't be blinded by the hype. He can scramble well. That's it.

True. He's Brock Berlin. Yes, he's going to put up stats but he'll be SEC average and not what you would expect from a #1 recruit. Berlin had his best years outside of the SEC. Yes, he's also playing in the perfect college offense for his 7vs7 skills at OM where he can cleanup on OOC games. He will be a 2nd day draft pick based on his pedigree but I don't expect much from him once in the NFL. Of course, a lifelong backup NFL quarterback pays well.

Sacrifice
11-28-2016, 05:06 PM

I'm not falling for the hype, I'm going by what I've seen with my own eyes and I can't help but to notice you left out the Texas A&M game. He completed 60% of his passes in that game, plus he had about 4 or 5 drops against us. I'm not gonna sit here and defend him but he's gonna be a good QB for somebody

I_Spy
11-28-2016, 05:47 PM
There is no good QB on a team called last. Hasn't been all year nearly.

if you think so, you aren't sports, you're a 'looking for excuses type individual). Then it's well Shea doesn't have 3 first round draft picks, too bad Shea chose to go to Oxford.

Bass Chaser
11-28-2016, 06:07 PM
For a little context here's what Shea faced from a Passing D standpoint.
A&M ranked 38th
Vandy ranked 70th
State ranked 103rd

Spiderman
11-28-2016, 06:16 PM
He has played 3 games after not expecting to play this year. I'll hold before making a judgement on him.

Well said

shannondawg
11-28-2016, 06:29 PM
I wouldn't think transfer is in the cards, I'm sure his family as well as him are thinking pro in 2 more years now. Whether he is pro material or not doesn't matter, its what they think.

Dawg61
11-28-2016, 06:34 PM
I wouldn't think transfer is in the cards, I'm sure his family as well as him are thinking pro in 2 more years now. Whether he is pro material or not doesn't matter, its what they think.

His dad is Horatio Webster

drunkernhelldawg
11-28-2016, 06:41 PM
He IS NOT Manziel. Not even close. He is decent but he has a LOOOOONNNGGGG way to go in the passing game. I'd take Fitz 100% of the time.

As a college QB, I'd take Fitz too at this point. Not even close. But Patterson has big time talent. I doubt it will ever mean much in a college program, but it's there if somebody can figure out how to use it.

DownwardDawg
11-28-2016, 08:28 PM

We would all take Fitz over him. And Manziel was not a great passer either. He threw it up for grabs to all world receivers. Or he scrambles around until people got open.

Noxdog
11-28-2016, 10:53 PM
Hey Nox, I will see if I can find it. It was 4 or 5 weeks ago and I think it was on monday night countdown. I'll see if i can drum it up.

THANKS.

MedDawg
11-29-2016, 01:59 PM
there I said it. I haven't been impressed with his passing at all only his scrambling and that really is only effective for 10-15 yards at most. He will get killed if he keeps trying to be JFF 2.0. I'd take Fitz over Shae all day every day and Fitz will be here longer than Shae stays at Old Misses.

He may turn out decent but he's overrated because he was rated the #1 or #2 QB coming out of high school and he's not nearly as good as that. Remember that he was at OM for spring practice, too.

Jack Lambert
11-29-2016, 02:28 PM
He may turn out decent but he's overrated because he was rated the #1 or #2 QB coming out of high school and he's not nearly as good as that. Remember that he was at OM for spring practice, too.

The only coaching he ever got was in high school.

HereComesTheSpiral
11-29-2016, 06:35 PM
Shea Patterson overrated? Maybe
Shea Patterson a whiny little bitch? Most definitely