PDA

View Full Version : Yellum Kellum radiio calls

Gomez09
11-28-2016, 11:20 AM
Does anyone know where to find that broadcast? I would love to listen to him bitching and moaning

SailingDawg
11-28-2016, 12:02 PM
He's the worst. I remember tuning in a number of years ago when State had a healthy lead in the game. There was dead silence give or take an update on the location of the ball. Very bad sportsmanship.

shoeless joe
11-28-2016, 12:06 PM
He is terrible...but when listening to a radio broadcast I can appreciate some homerism. I loved jack because of this and also felt the same about Harry caray and hawk harrelson.

Kellum is typical OM tho.

Jack Lambert
11-28-2016, 01:57 PM
He is terrible...but when listening to a radio broadcast I can appreciate some homerism. I loved jack because of this and also felt the same about Harry caray and hawk harrelson.

Kellum is typical OM tho.

Jack would say negative things about both sides. Like,"the drive of the game will be the drive home"

KentuckyDawg13
11-28-2016, 02:32 PM
My family was on the road during the game, found it on the radio. We last 3 mins before I decided to stream ESPN with no announcers as it was nauseating. Strange about the ESPN streaming is the entire 1st half was from the perspective of the drone-like camera that hangs/moves over the field. Sort of wish we would have heard their biased opinions in the 2nd half now...lol We ended up stopping at a bar/grill to watch the game for the 2nd half.

Maroonthirteen
11-28-2016, 02:37 PM
I listened to their radio broadcast vs Vandy. During my drive home from the Arkansas game. Kellum is terrible in general. Maybe all radio guys do this now-a-days.....but all he gives you is the situation and then the result of the play. Once the play is over, he will add color but very non-descriptive during the actual play.

I would guess it went something like.......

Ole Miss will have a (insert down and distance). Ole Miss has marched up and down the field on State. They need more points here.
There is a pass to (insert cute nickname for player).
THe ball bounces around.
OHHH, (cute nickname) had it but he cant make the catch. He had it in his hands. Patterson made a good pass. It went off the receivers hands and hit his helmet. Harry....

(Repeat what Kellum said)

State took that in for a touchdown.
State will line up for the extra point."

It was that bad during the Vandy game.

oildawg
11-28-2016, 03:17 PM
I would love to listen to Kellum's broadcast of that game. And, I am waiting for TSUN's weekly edition of "The Season" for this game. Can't wait to see it.

steeldawg
11-28-2016, 05:19 PM
Does anyone know where to find that broadcast? I would love to listen to him bitching and moaning

Nauseating broadcast in the second half. Sounded like his dog died.

The asshole color commentator with Kellum accused Peter's injury of "attempting to slow Ole Miss' offensive momentum." He can go f*** himself for that bullshit. I don't care if they are homers or not, but I lost it when he accused Peters of faking an injury to slow them down. F*** him.

TUSK
11-28-2016, 05:53 PM
One of my fav Kellum calls:

1 & 10... Rebels at their own 20. MacAlister in the I. Miller takes the snap. The give to Deuce. HUGE HOLE off the left side... Stan, he almost broke that one!!!

That'll bring up 2 & 8 at the 22.....