PDA

View Full Version : We Both, as of Today, Look set at QB for the Next Couple of Years

Spiderman
11-28-2016, 07:59 AM
With the news that Williams is gone, our depth dips some, ours not quite to OM's level if the kid from Scooba hangs around.

However, if Pelliren leaves, which he should if he wants to play, but he will probably well compensated to stay, OM's depth is royally screwed unless there is another Scooba Tech QB in waiting.

If Pelliren does leave?

Literally 1 play away from a disaster worse than the NCAA.

That will have to be Koresh's best recruiting job this year, convincing him to stay.

msstate7
11-28-2016, 08:09 AM
I'm not convinced Patterson stays. He's there bc om hired his brother. What happens when freeze gets his show cause? Om needs the NCAA to delay sanctions till after season starts to guarantee Patterson stays imo

Spiderman
11-28-2016, 09:30 AM
I'm not convinced Patterson stays. He's there bc om hired his brother. What happens when freeze gets his show cause? Om needs the NCAA to delay sanctions till after season starts to guarantee Patterson stays imo

Only way I think he leaves is if NCAA sanctions are catastrophic. Of course if that happens QB depth is the least of their worries.

Other than that, he stays I think. He doesn't want to sit a year now, you wouldn't think.

Coursesuper
11-28-2016, 09:33 AM
If he does elect to leave he now has a red shirt year he can use. Thanks Hugh.

thf24
11-28-2016, 09:44 AM
Only way I think he leaves is if NCAA sanctions are catastrophic. Of course if that happens QB depth is the least of their worries.

Other than that, he stays I think. He doesn't want to sit a year now, you wouldn't think.

If I'm him I'm looking at it from the standpoint of preserving my future NFL value. Staying at OM and playing behind an already mediocre OL that's only going to get worse as they won't be able to recruit decent players over the next few years doesn't bode well for staying healthy and maximizing production.

Spiderman
11-28-2016, 09:48 AM
If I'm him I'm looking at it from the standpoint of preserving my future NFL value. Staying at OM and playing behind an already mediocre OL that's only going to get worse as they won't be able to recruit decent players over the next few years doesn't bode well for staying healthy and maximizing production.

They have a bunch of talent coming back on Offense and some redshirts. They will be ok there.

Unless the recruit a new LB corp, they will struggle again on D. If for no other reason depth.

Jack Lambert
11-28-2016, 09:58 AM
I don't know if Patterson will be able to leave. Ole Miss probably has the goods on him and his brother.

Big4Dawg
11-28-2016, 10:05 AM
We'll have 3 QBs, same as this year. We'll be fine.

chisaintdog3
11-28-2016, 06:01 PM
Hearing Dam. Williams is looking at transferring to North Texas.

msstate7
11-28-2016, 06:02 PM
Hearing Dam. Williams is looking at transferring to North Texas.

Good for him. That'd be a good spot

WSOPdawg
11-28-2016, 06:18 PM
They have a bunch of talent coming back on Offense and some redshirts. They will be ok there.

Unless the recruit a new LB corp, they will struggle again on D. If for no other reason depth.

What about current players losing their eligibility if its proven they accepted impermissible recruiting benefits? We haven't really talked about this but I would think this is possible some could be declared ineligible (for instance, a former aTm-commited O-lineman that maybe was being counted on to replace Tunsil). Any others potentially that y'all can think of?

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-28-2016, 09:05 PM
I don't know if Patterson will be able to leave. Ole Miss probably has the goods on him and his brother.

They've done some stupid shat, but I can't imagine them blowing the whistle on themselves (Tunsil doesn't count). What are they going to do....Mr. NCAA, our shavior is wanting to transfer, but we invested a lot of money to get him and we've told him if he leaves, we're spilling the beans on him and telling you what he did.

Spiderman
11-28-2016, 09:09 PM
What about current players losing their eligibility if its proven they accepted impermissible recruiting benefits? We haven't really talked about this but I would think this is possible some could be declared ineligible (for instance, a former aTm-commited O-lineman that maybe was being counted on to replace Tunsil). Any others potentially that y'all can think of?

Hence, the "As of Today" in the title

CadaverDawg
11-28-2016, 09:22 PM

Hasn't there been instances where players have been able to transfer without sitting a year when heavy NCAA violations have occurred? I'm curious, there may not be precedent.

Were USC or Penn State players that transferred after penalties forced to sit a year?

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2016, 09:34 PM
Hasn't there been instances where players have been able to transfer without sitting a year when heavy NCAA violations have occurred? I'm curious, there may not be precedent.

Were USC or Penn State players that transferred after penalties forced to sit a year?

Rosebowl kind of explained today that the NCAA lets kids transfer without sitting when a bowl ban is part of the probation. Now, I don't know if that means it has to be a 1 year bowl ban or more. Just repeating what Rosey said.

Coackjek
11-28-2016, 09:48 PM
We've talked about immunity for players from other teams but would this have been extended to some of OM's recruits and current players as well?

Spiderman
11-29-2016, 08:02 AM
We've talked about immunity for players from other teams but would this have been extended to some of OM's recruits and current players as well?

It could, but unlikely