PDA

View Full Version : So, it looks like there are 3 real possibilities for a bowl destination...

Coursesuper
11-27-2016, 07:23 PM
Cactus in Tempe on the 27th, the Armed Forces in Ft.Worth on the 23rd and the Las Vegas on the 17th. I would prefer the Las Vegas just for an excuse to go, but that doesn't give us much extra practice time. The Cactus gives the most practice and the armed forces is drivable for most but it's on he 23rd. What are the boards preferences?

msstate7
11-27-2016, 07:28 PM
Cactus bc of more practice

Cloak
11-27-2016, 07:28 PM
Vegas, because like you said it gives me and the boys an excuse to go.

Political Hack
11-27-2016, 07:29 PM
Early indications are Las Vegas, but that can obviously change quickly.

Jarius
11-27-2016, 07:30 PM
I want to go Las Vegas, but the armed forces would draw a much better crowd for us.

spiritual_machine2005
11-27-2016, 07:31 PM
Cactus bc of more practice
I though you got 15 extra practices regardless of what bowl you go to.

Quaoarsking
11-27-2016, 07:45 PM

Bowls won't be announced until Dec. 3 or 4, and the Las Vegas Bowl is Dec. 17. Not sure what that means, whether we could start practicing early or whatever.

BulldogDX55
11-27-2016, 07:47 PM

This is correct.

DogsofAnarchy
11-27-2016, 07:51 PM
There is some wheeling and dealing going on also. So hold on.....should be fun!!!

Cactus in Tempe on the 27th, the Armed Forces in Ft.Worth on the 23rd and the Las Vegas on the 17th. I would prefer the Las Vegas just for an excuse to go, but that doesn't give us much extra practice time. The Cactus gives the most practice and the armed forces is drivable for most but it's on he 23rd. What are the boards preferences?

Todd4State
11-27-2016, 07:53 PM
They all have pros and cons for me. I think I personally would be more likely to go to the Las Vegas Bowl because of my work schedule. The bowl in Dallas would probably work for me but with my Christmas schedule it would be really hectic. I would like to see us play Navy because I enjoy service academy football but it's also one of the more inconvenient slots.

msstate7
11-27-2016, 07:59 PM
If USA and ULL lose this week, any chance we get New Orleans bowl?

dawgs
11-27-2016, 08:12 PM
They all have pros and cons for me. I think I personally would be more likely to go to the Las Vegas Bowl because of my work schedule. The bowl in Dallas would probably work for me but with my Christmas schedule it would be really hectic. I would like to see us play Navy because I enjoy service academy football but it's also one of the more inconvenient slots.

Navy would be the worst matchup for us though. I have nightmares of GT in the orange bowl just thinking about it. And our D is a hell of a lot worse now than it was in 2014.

msstate7
11-27-2016, 08:17 PM
Navy would be the worst matchup for us though. I have nightmares of GT in the orange bowl just thinking about it. And our D is a hell of a lot worse now than it was in 2014.

Navy faced an offense with a dual threat qb like us in USF. USF scored 52 and flowers threw for 219 and rushes for 176 with 4 td's. Yeah, they'd give us huge problems defensively, but we would score... a lot

Coursesuper
11-27-2016, 08:17 PM
If USA and ULL lose this week, any chance we get New Orleans bowl?

I don't know, would that even be an open spot? What Sun Belt team goes to that game is it the conference champion or is it another pick?

BulldogBear
11-27-2016, 08:18 PM
I want to go Las Vegas, but the armed forces would draw a much better crowd for us.

Yep, I can make it to that one. Absolutely no way I could get to Vegas or Arizona.

msstate7
11-27-2016, 08:21 PM
I don't know, would that even be an open spot? What Sun Belt team goes to that game is it the conference champion or is it another pick?

Isn't go daddy the champion?

Coursesuper
11-27-2016, 08:26 PM
Isn't go daddy the champion?

After a little research, they go geography, so no real set locations. I guess their conference office dictates who goes where. Info I have says N O Bowl is Sun Belt vs Mountain West.

I know this much for sure I've been to that game twice and if we were in there it would be the largest crowd ever for sure.

Todd4State
11-27-2016, 08:26 PM

I was speaking more from the heart than anything. We still should best them in my opinion if they are our opponent. We won't have Deshea Townsend calling plays for us so what happened two years ago or in 1991 doesn't concern me.

We're not in a position to be picky so I'm fine with whatever and like I said the Las Vegas Bowl would would work out the best for me if things stay the way they are plus that looks like a good match up. The NOLA Bowl actually would be even better as far as convenience but we'll see how that plays out.

BeardoMSU
11-27-2016, 08:28 PM
Bowls won't be announced until Dec. 3 or 4, and the Las Vegas Bowl is Dec. 17. Not sure what that means, whether we could start practicing early or whatever.

Very good question. I've gotta think there are concessions for this type of situation.

civildawg
11-27-2016, 08:30 PM
Is the heart of Dallas not an option? It's after Christmas and dak plays the day before. Would be awesome

Todd4State
11-27-2016, 08:34 PM
Very good question. I've gotta think there are concessions for this type of situation.

I know Tulane can play in the NOLA bowl of they qualify. It usually ends up being Sun Belt and C-USA.

DogsofAnarchy
11-27-2016, 09:11 PM
I watched NAVY bitch slap Memphis and we don't want any part of Navy. I agree we can't be picky but it's not a matchup we will most likely win.

QUOTE=Todd4State;660067]I was speaking more from the heart than anything. We still should best them in my opinion if they are our opponent. We won't have Deshea Townsend calling plays for us so what happened two years ago or in 1991 doesn't concern me.

We're not in a position to be picky so I'm fine with whatever and like I said the Las Vegas Bowl would would work out the best for me if things stay the way they are plus that looks like a good match up. The NOLA Bowl actually would be even better as far as convenience but we'll see how that plays out.[/QUOTE]

msstate7
11-27-2016, 09:21 PM
I watched NAVY bitch slap Memphis and we don't want any part of Navy. I agree we can't be picky but it's not a matchup we will most likely win.

QUOTE=Todd4State;660067]I was speaking more from the heart than anything. We still should best them in my opinion if they are our opponent. We won't have Deshea Townsend calling plays for us so what happened two years ago or in 1991 doesn't concern me.

We're not in a position to be picky so I'm fine with whatever and like I said the Las Vegas Bowl would would work out the best for me if things stay the way they are plus that looks like a good match up. The NOLA Bowl actually would be even better as far as convenience but we'll see how that plays out.[/QUOTE]

I watched south Florida dominate navy running an offense much like ours. The final was in no way an indicate of the game.

Really Clark?
11-27-2016, 09:31 PM
I watched south Florida dominate navy running an offense much like ours. The final was in no way an indicate of the game.[/QUOTE]

Houston is pretty similar and put 40 on Navy in the loss.

I seen it dawg
11-27-2016, 09:34 PM
Nothing about playing navy helps us. Win or lose. If we are lucky enough to get a bowl we really need to hope it's anyone but navy

maroonmania
11-27-2016, 09:51 PM
Navy has been improving all year after Will Worth took over as QB. They will be a handful for anyone in a bowl game running that offense. Just put up 75 points on SMU playing backups most of the second half. Would MUCH rather us get a different opponent.