PDA

View Full Version : My gut feeling tells me the Ole Miss coaches received some inside NCAA info

Bully13
11-27-2016, 06:42 PM
Prior to the vandy game. They found out that their coaching days are over. I know they've had some key injuries but the lack of emotion they showed the last 2 games begs for an explanation. The team that had big leads over bamer and FSU became totally non existent. I think the players got wind of it too. They became more concerned/involved with who they are going to transfer to vs finishing out their season. You just don't go from beating A&M on the road to total ass whippings overnight without something HUGE taking place.

Dawgowar
11-27-2016, 06:56 PM
I think they have known how this NCAA mess will end. They just finally saw that the season that would make it all worthwhile had slipped away.

confucius say
11-27-2016, 07:01 PM
Aggie is garbage the last 5 weeks. They would not best any conference team.

ILOATHEBears
11-27-2016, 07:12 PM
I agree. By Wednesday 2 coaches had already been told of their fate. Seems odd to do days away from rivalry game.

MetEdDawg
11-27-2016, 07:16 PM
I think they found out the week they decided to burn Patterson's redshirt. Postseason ban is coming. Win the Egg Bowl and you go ahead and impose the ban on a crappy bowl. Instead, you get probably the next two years where you don't go to a postseason game and you miss out on one this year because you suck. But they lost to us and Vandy. So instead of just the NCAA imposing bowl ban sanctions, they basically just sanctioned themselves by losing to us AND the NCAA is still going to slaughter them.

It's really quite funny.

Pollodawg
11-27-2016, 07:23 PM
You all know that it's possible that we won because we just kicked their ass, right? Stop giving them excuses they do not deserve.

Dawgowar
11-27-2016, 07:33 PM
You all know that it's possible that we won because we just kicked their ass, right? Stop giving them excuses they do not deserve.

So far as the game itself goes...this I wholeheartedly agree with.

RougeDawg
11-27-2016, 07:34 PM
Slightly different but you can tell something has added to the stress levels from the weight gain of Bucky in iust the last 6 weeks. He looked sick from the opening kickoff like a person on trial and the prosecution has a video of you committing the crime. The outcome is inevitable.

TrapGame
11-27-2016, 07:46 PM
Slightly different but you can tell something has added to the stress levels from the weight gain of Bucky in iust the last 6 weeks. He looked sick from the opening kickoff like a person on trial and the prosecution has a video of you committing the crime. The outcome is inevitable.

Isn't it a little weird that Freeze has had the same look Mullen had the previous two Egg Bowls? Mullen had the that 2009 - 2011 look again.

starkvegasdawg
11-27-2016, 07:46 PM

They are big on videos I hear.

Bully13
11-27-2016, 07:56 PM
I'm not discounting our efforts, preparation and desire for the egg. Mighty proud of my Bullies. Just saying.

Political Hack
11-27-2016, 08:00 PM
I think they found out the week they decided to burn Patterson's redshirt. Postseason ban is coming. Win the Egg Bowl and you go ahead and impose the ban on a crappy bowl. Instead, you get probably the next two years where you don't go to a postseason game and you miss out on one this year because you suck. But they lost to us and Vandy. So instead of just the NCAA imposing bowl ban sanctions, they basically just sanctioned themselves by losing to us AND the NCAA is still going to slaughter them.

It's really quite funny.

It was a terrible decision now. If they get a 3 year bowl ban their freshman class will never see a bowl game. If they get a 4-year bowl ban, it'll be 5 years without a bowl. Man, that's going to be a hot ticket if they can somehow win six games in 2022.

preachermatt83
11-27-2016, 08:38 PM
LOL, gotta appreciate the effort guys but the COI has not met and OM won't know anything as far as Show Causes and penalties until then. Something that is possible though is that OM has received the amended NOA and they know based on it that things are really bad.

I_Spy
11-27-2016, 08:46 PM
They invited all their star recruits to see the future of OM football. They seem clear-headed enough for me.

I bet Cam can't wait to be a running back on a Manziel team or whatever.m and whomever else was there.

Or I don't think OM has a chance in Hades to be as good as Tamu with Manziel.

WSOPdawg
11-27-2016, 08:49 PM
LOL, gotta appreciate the effort guys but the COI has not met and OM won't know anything as far as Show Causes and penalties until then. Something that is possible though is that OM has received the amended NOA and they know based on it that things are really bad.

Now this is something I can definitely believe.

parabrave
11-27-2016, 09:15 PM
Freese looked like he was going in on the 1st wave at Omaha Beach yesterday. Any vet knows that look like i'm about to die and there is nothing I can do about it. Kinda like my 1st jump at airborne school.

Dolphus Raymond
11-27-2016, 09:32 PM
First jump in Airborne School. October 1978. I knew I had seen that look somewhere before.

Todd4State
11-27-2016, 09:35 PM
I think that they are like a criminal that knows that the end is near. They’re just trying to live up the moment as long as they can and so they have to try to live and enjoy the present like they aren’t going to be in any trouble but the reality is they are about to go down.

They’ve been painting a fa?ade the whole time and were basically hoping that telling the NCAA to go 17 themselves would work. And they apparently thought that they could keep cheating regardless. The problem is it isn’t going to work they wat that they thought and they are about to get reamed.

I’m sure they know- and Random Poster- what is going to happen and they probably know the truth so it’s all about damage control at this point basically. The only question is how long can they protect Freeze at this point? It’s a quandary for them because he is the head of their network in many ways. It’s going to be hard to find someone that is going to be willing to do their bidding like Freeze is willing to do so. I think that’s why they feel like their ideal situation would be to get someone like Tony Dungy who has a really clean image and reputation but then have someone like Freeze doing the dirty work. The problem is a guy like a Tony Dungy isn’t going to go there and deal with their garbage when he could be sitting behind a TV camera living somewhere a lot better and nicer than Oxford. So they end up with the middle man being the face of the program and they’ve created this hyper religious football coach that does their bidding. The other problem that they have now is Freeze isn’t winning- it was working fine when they were winning but they’ll turn on a coach pretty quickly. Ask Houston Nutt. And to make it more difficult the NCAA has undercut their recruiting and who knows how long this entire investigation is going to last when you factor in the SECOND NOA.

So, basically right now they are stuck with a losing football coach and are about to be put on probation for who knows how long at this point which means that if they fire Freeze their options are going to be extremely limited because they are going to want someone that will allow their boosters to be over involved or else they will run the coach off like they did with Cutcliffe. They basically need to hire someone like a Croom that won’t win but will at least keep the NCAA away and they need their boosters to stay away before things get even worse than they are now.