PDA

View Full Version : WMD's Armchair QB: Return of the Golden Egg Edition

War Machine Dawg
11-27-2016, 01:56 PM
Peeps, I've got the Return of the Golden Egg Edition of ACQB available at M&WN (http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2016/11/27/msu-armchair-qb-return-of-the-golden-egg-edition/). It was an epic ass kicking. Let's talk about it! And for our BearShark readers, #HappyProbation!

QuadrupleOption
11-27-2016, 02:13 PM
Peeps, I've got the Return of the Golden Egg Edition of ACQB available at M&WN (http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2016/11/27/msu-armchair-qb-return-of-the-golden-egg-edition/). It was an epic ass kicking. Let's talk about it! And for our BearShark readers, #HappyProbation!

Great job as usual WMD.

I only have couple of minor quibbles:
1) McLaurin's penalty was absolutely deserved. I wasn't mad about it (except that it gave them an extra 15 yards) but that's going to be flagged every time. He has to be a little smarter in the future.
2) Our offense had one clock-eating drive at the end of the 3rd quarter, going into the 4th that lasted almost 7 minutes. We could have taken more time, I think, but we seemed to get the ball off with ~10 seconds on the play clock quite a bit.

Other than that, I mostly agree with your points. Outside of the Bama game I think our Offense played well after Fitz got a few starts under his belt. I think based on results that firing offensive coaches might be premature unless they just don't want to recruit. I don't want to re-hash what's been hashed to death here lately so I'll leave it at that.

Again, great job - even though I don't respond much to your analyses after games, I read every one of them and enjoy them quite a bit.

preachermatt83
11-27-2016, 03:00 PM
Outstanding job!

War Machine Dawg
11-27-2016, 03:06 PM
Great job as usual WMD.

I only have couple of minor quibbles:
1) McLaurin's penalty was absolutely deserved. I wasn't mad about it (except that it gave them an extra 15 yards) but that's going to be flagged every time. He has to be a little smarter in the future.
2) Our offense had one clock-eating drive at the end of the 3rd quarter, going into the 4th that lasted almost 7 minutes. We could have taken more time, I think, but we seemed to get the ball off with ~10 seconds on the play clock quite a bit.

Other than that, I mostly agree with your points. Outside of the Bama game I think our Offense played well after Fitz got a few starts under his belt. I think based on results that firing offensive coaches might be premature unless they just don't want to recruit. I don't want to re-hash what's been hashed to death here lately so I'll leave it at that.

Again, great job - even though I don't respond much to your analyses after games, I read every one of them and enjoy them quite a bit.

I'm not saying Mac didn't necessarily deserve the penalty. I just thought it was soft. But yeah, in today's overprotective "player safety" environment, the zebras are gonna throw the flag.

Yeah, I didn't really realize we had that one long drive. We scored so quickly every other time it's easy to forget about the one long drive we did have.

Definitely feel you on not wanting to rehash the same discussions we've had the last couple of years. But we've got to start getting better players on the OL. We do pretty well at every other position. Maybe there's a way for us to have Hev sit at home and put an office person on the road in his place. Dunno if NCAA rules allow that or not. As I've said before, he's a pretty solid coach in terms of player development.

Thanks for reading! Enjoy your input.

Sacrifice
11-27-2016, 03:45 PM
I always enjoy reading these WMD, great job as usual. It's amazing after all the frustration and heartbreak this season, one nice smooth ass kicking makes everything so much better.

Commercecomet24
11-27-2016, 03:48 PM
Excellent job again! Great write up!

blacklistedbully
11-27-2016, 05:10 PM
"You thought you were more than you are and reality is about to punch you in the face. #ShowCause #HappyProbation"

Love it!

War Machine Dawg
11-28-2016, 11:32 AM
Monday morning BUMP

thf24
11-28-2016, 11:48 AM
Maybe there's a way for us to have Hev sit at home and put an office person on the road in his place. Dunno if NCAA rules allow that or not. As I've said before, he's a pretty solid coach in terms of player development.

That would be ideal, but I doubt it's viable to keep prospects from speaking to their potential future position coach at least a few times before signing. I feel like that would strike recruits as extremely shady and hurt our chances at least as much as a negative exchange with Hev during the process.

Bama_Dawg
11-28-2016, 01:06 PM
Nice writeup. While reading the part about Aeris, and your description, I couldn't help think of Boobie. Rewind a few years and that's exactly the same way I'd describe him.

Also with Aeris wearing 27, I thought about the "Rebel Killer", LaDarius Perkins. LP always put in on TSUN. Nice to see another 27 do the same.

War Machine Dawg
11-28-2016, 02:59 PM
That would be ideal, but I doubt it's viable to keep prospects from speaking to their potential future position coach at least a few times before signing. I feel like that would strike recruits as extremely shady and hurt our chances at least as much as a negative exchange with Hev during the process.

And that's something I was thinking about yesterday. If I were a recruit or parent, I'd definitely need to meet my position coach before I signed. There's just no good way to minimize him in recruiting. That's why I'm in favor of finding someone else.

maroonmania
11-28-2016, 04:57 PM
Are you saying the 566 yards of total offense was the most Ole Miss has ever given up to MSU? I find it hard to believe that they have never before Saturday given up that many total yards to anyone. Heck, we've given up over 600 yards three times just this year.

mcain31
11-28-2016, 06:08 PM
Could we add Matt Mattox from Texas to our staff?

War Machine Dawg
11-28-2016, 10:47 PM
Could we add Matt Mattox from Texas to our staff?

Would be a hell of a hire, but I doubt we're forward thinking enough to make the change. Plus I don't believe Mullen is willing to fire Hev. I think he wants to get Hev hired as a HC somewhere so he can avoid making the difficult decision with his BFF.