PDA

View Full Version : The next few months could be interesting with OM

msstate7
11-27-2016, 01:48 PM
They started the year top 15 coming off a sugar bowl win and a top 10 recruiting class. Now they're close to NCAA incineration, no postseason, worst ranked recruiting class in the sec, and just got beat into a pulp by us. Can they handle it or will they dig their hole even bigger by going all-in buying more recruits and try to desperately flip some of ours?

Dawgology
11-27-2016, 01:52 PM
Based on past performance they will get themselves kicked out of the SEC before it's all over

I seen it dawg
11-27-2016, 02:08 PM
**** those guys

WSOPdawg
11-27-2016, 03:57 PM
Based on past performance they will get themselves kicked out of the SEC before it's all over

All in all, I can see this to happening and it has to given consideration by the SEC office given that their crap has been going on since 2010 starting with academic fraud emanating from Wayne County (would the Big 10, ACC or PAC10 tolerate academic fraud???), buying the vaunted 2013 recruiting class, continuation of recruiting shenanigans while under NCAA investigation right up to 2016/17, etc.

Here's hoping the NCAA spanks them SMU-style.

TrapGame
11-27-2016, 04:08 PM
I want them to keep on doing what they're doing. That goes into repeat offender territory. The NCAA will have to punish them in new and creative ways.

Indndawg
11-27-2016, 04:12 PM
If they go all in aGAIN, they're done, toast, vamoos...the NCAA will kill the program...maybe imposing a twice dead ban

Sacrifice
11-27-2016, 04:14 PM
They will not take this ass kickin laying down. I fully expect them to panic, go into overdrive recruiting and blow there entire corrupt football program up

ScottH
11-27-2016, 04:15 PM
**** those guys

**** those guys X 2

msbulldog
11-27-2016, 05:54 PM
I expect after yesterday, that they will meet and formulate a plan to take us down, with all the resources they have available to them.
We embarrassed them in their own house and they won't stand for it.
We better be ready and be smarter than them.

Political Hack
11-27-2016, 06:27 PM
or will they dig their hole even bigger by going all-in buying more recruits and try to desperately flip some of ours?

Word on the street is they've already tried and got caught with their hand in the cookie jar again.

Tbonewannabe
11-27-2016, 06:35 PM
Word on the street is they've already tried and got caught with their hand in the cookie jar again.

Please let this be true. If they did get the death penalty with half the SEC turning them in, any chance they get kicked out of the SEC?

RougeDawg
11-27-2016, 06:36 PM

Listen to this guy. There's a reason they had a rash of decommits over the last few weeks and it all has to do with things during THIS CURRENT RECRUITING CYCLE!! You dumbshit Bearsharts reading this better complete your padded rooms soon. You will need them.

WSOPdawg
11-27-2016, 06:39 PM
Please let this be true. If they did get the death penalty with half the SEC turning them in, any chance they get kicked out of the SEC?

Seems like there should be a rule that you have to be a positive contributor to the SEC coffers to claim your fair share, and if they've been given a death sentence, I don't see how they can contribute except in leech fashion. But then again, they are a charter member.

Dawgowar
11-27-2016, 06:49 PM
Things they need to grasp but likely have not

- the NCAA may have current recruits already acting in part with the NCAA lead. Would be bad if they have been caught in another round of lies.

- the layers of coaches, alum, AD staff AND Administration being involved is going to leave them no wiggle room for bartering down the penalties

- they have nothing with which to leverage their way out. Nothing. The NCAA knows it.

ILOATHEBears
11-27-2016, 06:59 PM
Things they need to grasp but likely have not

- the NCAA may have current recruits already acting in part with the NCAA lead. Would be bad if they have been caught in another round of lies.

- the layers of coaches, alum, AD staff AND Administration being involved is going to leave them no wiggle room for bartering down the penalties

- they have nothing with which to leverage their way out. Nothing. The NCAA knows it.

The NCAA is getting smarter and one step ahead of the cheaters. What if...the NCAA asked a few top 2017 croots to report how they process goes with OM and in said report back to NCAA the network continued to get exposed and now house is on fire and the fire truck won't crank to get the fire put out

TrapGame
11-27-2016, 07:25 PM

I guess that's why Freeze looked like death warmed over Saturday.

Mutt the Hoople
11-27-2016, 10:30 PM
**** those guys X 2
**** those guys X ∞

Reason2succeed
11-27-2016, 11:09 PM
I so want to see OM get the death penalty. "I'm saying my vitamins and eating my prayers" for that to happen.

Liverpooldawg
11-28-2016, 09:50 AM
I so want to see OM get the death penalty. "I'm saying my vitamins and eating my prayers" for that to happen.

I don't. I want them forced to field a team of walk ons for about 4 years and I want Freeze to be forced to coach them.

Token Bammer
11-28-2016, 11:52 AM
All in all, I can see this to happening and it has to given consideration by the SEC office given that their crap has been going on since 2010 starting with academic fraud emanating from Wayne County (would the Big 10, ACC or PAC10 tolerate academic fraud???), buying the vaunted 2013 recruiting class, continuation of recruiting shenanigans while under NCAA investigation right up to 2016/17, etc.

Here's hoping the NCAA spanks them SMU-style.

The SEC and SACS already tolerated it once when they let awbarn off the hook for their bunk, football factory, sociology program. They had players that couldn't spell their own names graduating with degrees in sociology. No penalties were handed out.

AlSwearengen
11-28-2016, 12:20 PM
Let me get this straight. The have been busted for cheating with the Shea Patterson/Greg Little class AND the current recruiting class?

PonderThis1
11-28-2016, 01:00 PM
There is no way I believe that they got caught with their hand in the cookie jar again. It is too good to be true.

That being said, let’s dream for a second. As harsh as the sanctions were reported to be before getting caught again, is the death penalty out of the question? And if they get it, who is going to be our new rival? Wouldn’t they get kicked out of the SEC if they got the death penalty? It is nice to dream about…

thf24
11-28-2016, 01:40 PM
There is no way I believe that they got caught with their hand in the cookie jar again. It is too good to be true.

That being said, let?s dream for a second. As harsh as the sanctions were reported to be before getting caught again, is the death penalty out of the question? And if they get it, who is going to be our new rival? Wouldn?t they get kicked out of the SEC if they got the death penalty? It is nice to dream about?

According to precedent in the modern era, no, the death penalty is not on the table because it's reserved for "repeat offender" status. But, the NCAA can ultimately do whatever it wants, and if they've found violations so egregious that they feel they have to shut the program down (very unlikely), I could hypothetically see them deciding to apply repeat offender status to the fact that they've been busted for new cheating while already under investigation supposedly multiple times already. And yes, if they got the death penalty for more than a year, I don't see how the SEC could justify not booting them due to the scheduling issues it would cause across multiple seasons.

All that being said, barring the discovery of serious criminal corruption related to their athletic department, they're not getting the death penalty. Simply not going to happen. The NCAA stands way more to lose by shutting them down than it would gain by making that kind of example out of them. That's the main thing they're interested in here, making an example, and crippling them for 5+ years will do that just fine.