PDA

View Full Version : Going 1-2 down the stretch, was it worth burning

Thick
11-27-2016, 10:31 AM
Sheanannigans redshirt? If they would have played Pellerin, they would have gone 0-3. Either way they don't go bowling. Do they have any depth at QB? All it takes is one good shot on tiny Sheanannigans and he's toast.

Political Hack
11-27-2016, 10:42 AM
Yes. Because it's likely the only games he'll ever play as a rebel IMO. I've heard things aren't so good with them down in Biloxi. To the point where the dad is trying to have assistant coaches fired and its backfiring on them in the community. Now that Shea has a RS year, he could use it to transfer. Otherwise, he will never play in a bowl game.

Bucky Dog
11-27-2016, 11:03 AM
The general thoughts on Nafoom are many think he is transferring and will use the redshirt next year wherever he lands. Additionally, if sanctions come down he can transferring without sitting out a year.

chef dixon
11-27-2016, 11:21 AM
The redshirt thing is being overblown about whether it contributes to his likelihood to transfer. Even if he burned his redshirt he could transfer and still play 3. And not having a redshirt year isn't going to keep him around when the NCAA shit storm hits anyway. Not sure what playing 3 games this season even matters in the grand scheme.

Plus he's a decent player, but I don't think he will ever be the threat Swag had become.

BulldogBear
11-27-2016, 11:40 AM
Yes. Because it's likely the only games he'll ever play as a rebel IMO. I've heard things aren't so good with them down in Biloxi. To the point where the dad is trying to have assistant coaches fired and its backfiring on them in the community. Now that Shea has a RS year, he could use it to transfer. Otherwise, he will never play in a bowl game.

I agree with this. I think they took it off because it doesn't matter either way. Coaches and parents and Shea (and Bears, Oh my) all know he's tranferring. He got experience and the school had a better chance to win 2 of 3 (and go bowling for last time in at least a half decade) than with Pellerin. Seems like a mutual agreement to me. He'll have to sit a year anyway so he lost nothing and gained experience

Bubb Rubb
11-27-2016, 11:52 AM
Sheanannigans redshirt? If they would have played Pellerin, they would have gone 0-3. Either way they don't go bowling. Do they have any depth at QB? All it takes is one good shot on tiny Sheanannigans and he's toast.

In hindsight, it clearly wasn't worth it for them. It backfires, in fact, because it makes it easier for him to transfer now. I think he's gone, especially if the NCAA comes calling soon. He's not going to waste his talent for three more years of last place finishes and terrible defenses. I mean, think about this...the cupboard is bare, especially on the defensive side. They have a couple of players, but no depth. Their recruiting is bottoming out. Ole Miss is going to have to score 50 per game to win, and that's hard to do without the ability to run the football.