PDA

View Full Version : What kind of offense does Alcorn State run?

CadaverDawg
09-03-2013, 06:18 PM
I know "a shitty one" will be the common answer, but I was thinking it would be good if they ran a version of the zone read so that our defense could see it again before Auburn. I would like for Autry and our LB's to get more practice at stopping it against someone other than our own shitty ass offense.

Anyone know what they run?

Todd4State
09-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Appears to be a spread option.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TsCc0ZbjoQ

msstate7
09-03-2013, 06:29 PM
I have no idea, but I hope it has a lot of zone reads. We need all the work we can get against it

BeastMan
09-03-2013, 06:32 PM
I've written a little bit about it in my preview on my site. They have a 6'6 200 lb QB & 3 RBs who had a lot of carries last year. Their 4th RB is Joe Price fwiw. Their opener they scored 63 w/8 offensive TDs. 7 of those offensive TDs were rushing TDs. 280 total rushing yards in the opener.

CadaverDawg
09-03-2013, 06:34 PM
I've written a little bit about it in my preview on my site. They have a 6'6 200 lb QB & 3 RBs who had a lot of carries last year. Their 4th RB is Joe Price fwiw. Their opener they scored 63 w/8 offensive TDs. 7 of those offensive TDs were rushing TDs. 280 total rushing yards in the opener.

Good. We need to see and stop a good spread ground game. Can you provide another link to your article on it?

War Machine Dawg
09-03-2013, 06:39 PM
CD, Auburn fans are as worried about their team and offense as we are right now. Straight from the mouth of my Auburn buddy. Said their QB sucks.

CadaverDawg
09-03-2013, 06:42 PM
CD, Auburn fans are as worried about their team and offense as we are right now. Straight from the mouth of my Auburn buddy. Said their QB sucks.

Yea, I wasn't impressed with his arm, but he has wheels, and the wheels are what beat us last weekend.

BeastMan
09-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Here you go Cadever http://3rdand57.com/msu-knowing-the-opponent-alcorn-state/

Not much depth b/c there isn't much out there on them. It's a great tune up for Dak. It's an even better tune-up for run assignment defensive football. Both are needed badly for Auburn in 2 weeks

msstate7
09-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Yea, I wasn't impressed with his arm, but he has wheels, and the wheels are what beat us last weekend.

I don't think we have to respect auburns passing game like we did oklahoma states though. Auburn one dimensional

CadaverDawg
09-03-2013, 06:55 PM
I don't think we have to respect auburns passing game like we did oklahoma states though. Auburn one dimensional

True. I think it will be a lot like defending Frazier last year, but Marshall is quicker and more Manziel-ish with his feet, which worries me a little. If we wrap up, we should be able to defend them.

CadaverDawg
09-03-2013, 06:56 PM
Here you go Cadever http://3rdand57.com/msu-knowing-the-opponent-alcorn-state/

Not much depth b/c there isn't much out there on them. It's a great tune up for Dak. It's an even better tune-up for run assignment defensive football. Both are needed badly for Auburn in 2 weeks

Good stuff, thanks BeastMan

Dawgowar
09-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Hope it is something relatively simple, like a QB running out of an inverted wishbone to either the left or right every time they line up that way. Something that easy we should easily adjust to after two or three long runs/scores. Nothing to worry about here.

For the love of Pete...what has happened with defensive coaches that they cannot grasp stopping an option attack anymore? Whether or not your guys can tackle could they at least pursue the guy with the ball? Perhaps make sure somebody hits the damn QB every time he runs? Eat the 15 yards, just make the dude pay....dearly. A la Buddy Ryan.